Get Up and Fight

OriginOfAbso

It’s not really about being persuaded. They obviously chose to work with him for a reason and any suggestions he contributed were agreed with. Also, I love Starlight but let’s not pretend that and a few other recent ‘mellow’ Muse songs aren’t generic and cheesy :chuckle:

Also, I don’t see how the genre is inappropriate at all?

I bet Starlight was even a badder shock for fans when it was released than this one.

In fact, I may find GUAF very generic and too blatantly made for airplay, but it gives me Starlight vibes indeed.

based on talent alone, i'll reiterate that sia should've been the guest artist on this track instead of tove lo. and her vocals kinda "fit" w/ muse's sound...in a weird way.

not to mention...she has her own demons, and, given the song's deeper meaning, would've added an interesting nuance to the track on that front.

then again, she would've probably demanded control of the writing credits, and matt would've balked.

as a result, this thing just fails in just about every respect.

I actually rather enjoy the chorus, but there's something about the instrumentation of the verses that feels a bit bland to me. Also think it would've been cool to hear some form of duet instead of only going for the sparse vocal hook.

A simple but heartfelt song. The chorus feels touching, to me.

I actually rather enjoy the chorus, but there's something about the instrumentation of the verses that feels a bit bland to me. Also think it would've been cool to hear some form of duet instead of only going for the sparse vocal hook.

A simple but heartfelt song. The chorus feels touching, to me.

A duet would inevitably split this board to pieces...

I’m all for it!

• 3 years later...
22 hours ago, Claudia O said:

As the song is about a very ill uncle of Matt, I think, and he sadly died before or around the albums release, may be the reason they decided to not put it out as a single. But only my thoughts… never heard any talking about it. 

Yeah, I consider the story behind the song  common knowledge on the board. But since the album release they’ve treated the song like it doesn’t exist at all. 

• 1 month later...