Saw an article posted on the subreddit where Matt says they originally had 2 minutes of Rachmaninoff with piano and orchestra in the middle of Thought Contagion, but when it was finished they decided to cut that part out since it didn't fit into their plan of "reducing (their) tendency to sprawling instrumental passages."

this is simply preposterous.

even though i don't like the song, i'd rather that version be on the super deluxe as opposed to a live version of it.

ridiculous.

You sure he specified TC? I remember an interview where he said there’d be piano versions of some songs but didn’t say which (I’m hopihg TDS).

i'm hoping the situation was/is more like this.

Saw an article posted on the subreddit where Matt says they originally had 2 minutes of Rachmaninoff with piano and orchestra in the middle of Thought Contagion, but when it was finished they decided to cut that part out since it didn't fit into their plan of "reducing (their) tendency to sprawling instrumental passages."

Did he specify it was actually a Rachmaninov piece or if it was just in that style. Cuz I’m all for B&H 2.0

Did he specify it was actually a Rachmaninov piece or if it was just in that style. Cuz I’m all for B&H 2.0

we gonna have to wait for the next album to get anything like B&H 2.0, given the track lengths.

and even then, when/if it does happen, it's prolly gonna not really fit the mold of a B&H 2.0.

...unless matt dips back into drinking red wine and doodling around on a Kawai late at night.

He said "2 minutes of Rachmaninoff" so I have to lean towards a cover piece. But I was also curious about that, cause I would've been so down for that if it was original. I think a dark piano piece in the middle could work.

It wouldn’t be the first time. They cut the bridge from Assassin, which was a reworked Rachmaninoff piece (see 2002 versions of Screenager, the piece they play before it is what became the Assassin bridge). Intriguingly, Matt often played what became the piano bridge in B&H straight after. What a difference an album makes and a bit of commercial success. I’m still astonished Collateral Damage made TR (another cover, Chopin iirc) and the operatic bridge in I Belong To You.

I have to keep reminding myself that we’re (about to be) only 4 days away from this whole thing being officially out and even less for a leak ‘cos of how long this bloody build up has been.

But I’m so excited :awesome: still tipping this to be in my top 4/5

It wouldn’t be the first time. They cut the bridge from Assassin, which was a reworked Rachmaninoff piece (see 2002 versions of Screenager, the piece they play before it is what became the Assassin bridge). Intriguingly, Matt often played what became the piano bridge in B&H straight after. What a difference an album makes and a bit of commercial success. I’m still astonished Collateral Damage made TR (another cover, Chopin iirc) and the operatic bridge in I Belong To You.

They made it into those songs because of self-production, IMO. With no external producer to give tips, suggestions, direction and overall input it's easy to make things like that.

Bad Jobby.

I meeeeeannnnnnn

why

Damnit guys I thought you were actually ranking the songs, meaning the album had leaked.

I swear we used to do that :unsure:

Hey though, hopefully it might not be long now :happy: got a good feeling for tonight

I meeeeeannnnnnn

why

I swear we used to do that :unsure:

Hey though, hopefully it might not be long now :happy: got a good feeling for tonight

I was certain the album would've leaked by now :( Perhaps this one time there will actually be no leak at all.

I'm optimistic about the album. I somehow came to like Dig Down quite a lot, I find the first part relaxing and while I used to not like the woahs, hearing Matt do them live completely changed my perspective and I now really enjoy them even in the studio version. :chuckle:

So I've got 4 songs that I like so far and SH that isn't bad but that I don't really care for, and there has usually been a song like that on every album.

Edit :

The Dark Side : 7.5

Pressure : 7.5

Thought Contagion : 7

Dig Down : 6.5 or 7

Something Human : 5.5

Edited by Zepp