I commented the same thing on the original post of the person with the vinyl (Musers Facebook group), they didn’t seem to interested in doing that either

If that person wasn't intending to do anything with that record, they shouldn't have posted about it just to attention seek.

If that person wasn't intending to do anything with that record, they shouldn't have posted about it just to attention seek.

100% imo

I don’t like ‘attacking’ people (if this could be called that) but that person knew what the response to putting that info/pic out would be, especially in an active fan group. People aren’t obligated to leak but if they weren’t willing to share at least something, if not a full on leak, surely just keep it to yourself. Otherwise it comes across as humble bragging or dangling a carrot in front of people for the attention and requests you know you’ll get.

What reasons have they given?

What reviewer actually said that shit though? Reviews are based on perceived quality, not all that nonsense you just said.

I wasn't referring to that review in particular, which I don't really mind, but to a hypothetical extreme case in response to wanting a fan necessarily being a cultist of "the glory days" of a band and trasponsing that in a judgement about perceived quality, as we can read many times on social media. It's a mindset in which there may be little room for critical objectivity as much as the raging fanboy's one about a band being always perfect and the very best in the whole world, because your personal investment in the matter is so strong that your view can't come out other than being a lot biased if you were to make a "cold" judgement about a new project from your favourite musical acts, not when you think how much they've meant for you and the place they've occupied in your life.

Just a reflection of mine, really. No hard feelings.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

100% imo

I don’t like ‘attacking’ people (if this could be called that) but that person knew what the response to putting that info/pic out would be, especially in an active fan group. People aren’t obligated to leak but if they weren’t willing to share at least something, if not a full on leak, surely just keep it to yourself. Otherwise it comes across as humble bragging or dangling a carrot in front of people for the attention and requests you know you’ll get.

What reasons have they given?

Just some random caption with the photo, and when someone asked them about it:

"Ok, just because you would break the law doesn’t mean i would, sorry that you don’t have the opportunity to get it in a store or can’t wait three days lol"

I wasn't referring to that review in particular, which I don't really mind, but to a hypothetical extreme case in response to wanting a fan necessarily being a cultist of "the glory days" of a band and trasponsing that in a judgement about perceived quality, as we can read many times on social media. It's a mindset in which there may be little room for critical objectivity as much as the raging fanboy's one about a band being always perfect and the very best in the whole world, because your personal investment in the matter is so strong that your view can't come out other than being a lot biased if you were to make a "cold" judgement about a new project from your favourite musical acts, not when you think how much they've meant for you and the place they've occupied in your life.

Just a reflection of mine, really. No hard feelings.

The person you responded to never said they want a reviewer to be a "cultist" of their early work. People can give their judgment on the quality of music whether they were a previous fan or not. I love their early stuff way more, but I can recognize that Drones has 2 of my absolute favorite Muse songs, while still holding the opinion that the overall quality of the album is really mediocre. No actual music critic implies all the stuff you said when they dislike a Muse album.

"Ok, just because you would break the law doesn’t mean i would, sorry that you don’t have the opportunity to get it in a store or can’t wait three days lol"

Are they aware of the fact that by buying that copy they basically broke the law because the album is not out yet?

top cunt

(this is meant more casually than it sounds btw, just for anyone who thinks I’m bullying or sumat)

Fuck it, I’ll settle for snippets but I am a greedy bitch

That person said there are multiple songs better than anything on T2L and Drones. But they also said 10 out of 11 songs are "absolutely wonderful" so... not putting stock into that lol.

Initial hype is always a bitch, especially if you’re fortunate enough to be one of the few listening to it so early

That Blockades clip though? Hard to argue

That person said there are multiple songs better than anything on T2L and Drones. But they also said 10 out of 11 songs are "absolutely wonderful" so... not putting stock into that lol.

She also said if you are a NOT a die hard old albums muse fan you will love it so lol