Video for unboxing the vinyl deluxe set posted on YouTube

You can slightly see some lyrics from GUaF

so the "boxset" is basically a big ass book that houses all of the content? interesting.

-----

on another note (pardon the pun, as you'll see), Tove Lo had to sing "extremely high notes" on GUAF b/c matt couldn't get that high? i did not know this. wtf kind of notes might they be?

question: what is the highest note that matt has hit live w/in the last three years or so? anyone have any intel on that?

Edited by frutiger75

so the "boxset" is basically a big ass book that houses all of the content? interesting.

-----

on another note (pardon the pun, as you'll see), Tove Lo had to sing "extremely high notes" on GUAF b/c matt couldn't get that high? i did not know this. wtf kind of notes might they be?

Don't think it it ever said "extremely" high note or that Matt couldn't get that high. He said that he couldn't get that high without screaming, which was why he wanted someone with a higher placed voice to do it. Could be anything between A4 up to A5 I guess, but probably not above like F5 or so.

Don't think it it ever said "extremely" high note or that Matt couldn't get that high. He said that he couldn't get that high without screaming, which was why he wanted someone with a higher placed voice to do it. Could be anything between A4 up to A5 I guess, but probably not above like F5 or so.

for him to call an audible and bring in somebody else, could it be in the 6s? can she get that high?

matt got into the 6s a couple times live, right?

It's most definitely not in the 6th octave. Matt can't get that high on command even when screaming. Consistently sung chest A4s and Bb4s are enough for Matt to tap out. And I doubt the plan was ever to have him try and sing in Micro Cuts like pitches. Feels like they would just lower it an octave if that was the case.

And yes Matt has technically "reached" the 6th octave by yelping. But even that's not screaming to a specific melody. Very different to go "WOOOH" than to actually recreate melodies and actual words.

It's most definitely not in the 6th octave. Matt can't get that high on command even when screaming. Consistently sung chest A4s and Bb4s are enough for Matt to tap out. And I doubt the plan was ever to have him try and sing in Micro Cuts like pitches. Feels like they would just lower it an octave if that was the case.

And yes Matt has technically "reached" the 6th octave by yelping. But even that's not screaming to a specific melody. Very different to go "WOOOH" than to actually recreate melodies and actual words.

i have a feeling a good number of ST tracks might be lowered at gigs, which is somewhat disappointing. oh well, aging is a process through which we all go.

how high can morgan get? lol

Edited by frutiger75

Maybe, but I also feel like Matt has always been very aware of what he can do live. T2L is really the only album where he went all out and didn't seem to care about how he would do it live. I don't think that many will be lowered personally, but maybe one or two. I think it's more likely that he won't sing very high even in the studio.

Morgan is hiding the best range of them all and you know it

New review, quite negative. The sentiment is "it's a bit naff for a MUSE album but it wasn't a complete fuck over."

Break it To Me seems to sound epic again.

https://www.plattentests.de/rezi.php?show=15479

They've also been pretty harsh on every Muse album except OoS and Showbiz (7/10). They gave Abso and BHR same score as this one so doesn't really say anything.

What did they say about Break It To Me?

They've also been pretty harsh on every Muse album except OoS and Showbiz (7/10). They gave Abso and BHR same score as this one so doesn't really say anything.

Different reviewers each time though.

Don't get why people think that every reviewer represents the overall opinion of an entire site/magazine.

I don't know German, but by reading it instinctively I think it says it starts as a sort of "Arabian folk dance" and then explodes into a dubstep-like orgy of synths with guitar scratches à la Tom Morello.

Yep, you're right. But then again, they've all been pretty negative so far.

Really excited to hear Algorithm and Break It To Me as both of those have been praised by pretty much every reviewer, but on the other hand pretty sad no one really mentioned Blockades.

I know, I know, it's them again but look:

Algorithm lyrics in the comments, what we already knew and then a new line:"reload / crash out".

I have no idea what the lock emoji is supposed to mean but more lyrics might be revealed? Also the video is rad

I just really don't like that it seems the entire album is going to be in the same vein as the released tracks, in terms of very simple, straightforward structures. Because these days Muse have shown that that usually means overly repetitive/boring. Pressure was one of the songs with high hopes for me and I haven't had a single urge to listen to it again after like the second day it was out. And I like The Dark Side a lot, but a year from now (or less) I doubt I'm going to be listening to it much.

I know, I know, it's them again but look:

Algorithm lyrics in the comments, what we already knew and then a new line:"reload / crash out".

I have no idea what the lock emoji is supposed to mean but more lyrics might be revealed? Also the video is rad

Honestly, I think it’s just best to not get too invested or try to read into owt like that that they put. We know they don’t have any inside source or info that no one else has access to. Unless that’s suddenly changed, which is unlikely, but even still, they’re just doing the same thing they’ve been doing for the whole build up.

I just really don't like that it seems the entire album is going to be in the same vein as the released tracks, in terms of very simple, straightforward structures. Because these days Muse have shown that that usually means overly repetitive/boring. Pressure was one of the songs with high hopes for me and I haven't had a single urge to listen to it again after like the second day it was out. And I like The Dark Side a lot, but a year from now (or less) I doubt I'm going to be listening to it much.

Nah it’ll be good

You’ve always got the alt. versions for whatever potential weirdness is there

Honestly, I think it’s just best to not get too invested or try to read into owt like that that they put. We know they don’t have any inside source or info that no one else has access to. Unless that’s suddenly changed, which is unlikely, but even still, they’re just doing the same thing they’ve been doing for the whole build up

Well technically they got Algorithm lyrics straight from Matt (the correct ones) and he follows them, I wouldn't exclude the possibility of further details being revealed through them.

Well technically they got Algorithm lyrics straight from Matt (the correct ones) and he follows them, I wouldn't exclude the possibility of further details being revealed through them.

Eh, not really. They posted the ones we’d roughly deciphered and he corrected a couple of bits. He’s not using them as a means of revealing stuff.