New French review recap:

"Algorithm and The Void are typical Muse mixed with Kavinsky. Heavy drums and crazy arpeggios with synth beat. Mentions Rachmaninov in one of the songs but isn’t clear and it’s reminiscent of Space Dementia

Mentions that Dark Side isn’t as good as the previously mentioned.

Hates GUAF, says it’s commercial and boring. The female voices don’t sound good. Childish refrain and song overall. Mentions it might be played a lot as a stadium song.

Propaganda is similar to Unsustainable with a big robot voice. Sensual Prince beat. Some beats mixed with finger snaps and a great blues (slide) solo.

BITM is similar to City of Delusion. Arabic harmonies"

Reviewer goes on to describe how the album reminds them of old films that border on the line of being so bad that they're good.

For all those /r/muse prying eyes, my prior post came after seeing a shitposter mislead on your subreddit's Discord so no, not attention seeking.

Board vs Reddit. Round 100000. Fight! :LOL:.

Maybe the album never leaks? That'd be a first. I'd say it's almost impossible though. Tomorrow would be my bet.

Board vs Reddit. Round 100000. Fight! :LOL:.

Maybe the album never leaks? That'd be a first. I'd say it's almost impossible though. Tomorrow would be my bet.

I think even the most tightly guarded albums (with a physical release) still leak at least an hour before the official drop. Looks like Muse is getting better controlling their releases.

New French review recap:

"Algorithm and The Void are typical Muse mixed with Kavinsky. Heavy drums and crazy arpeggios with synth beat. Mentions Rachmaninov in one of the songs but isn’t clear and it’s reminiscent of Space Dementia

Mentions that Dark Side isn’t as good as the previously mentioned.

Hates GUAF, says it’s commercial and boring. The female voices don’t sound good. Childish refrain and song overall. Mentions it might be played a lot as a stadium song.

Propaganda is similar to Unsustainable with a big robot voice. Sensual Prince beat. Some beats mixed with finger snaps and a great blues (slide) solo.

BITM is similar to City of Delusion. Arabic harmonies"

Reviewer goes on to describe how the album reminds them of old films that border on the line of being so bad that they're good.

GUAF expectations are now so low that it can only be better than expected.

GUAF expectations are now so low that it can only be better than expected.

To be honest, though, that review is quite biased, because the reviewer doesn't hide the fact they're an ex-fan of the band.

That doesn't make it very objective to me; it's like the opposite case in which a fanboy fawns over his favourite band's new opus and deems it "da best mastapiece evahh!!1".

EDIT: Also, I know they make a good amount of positive points in favour of the album, but still, when you're attached to a certain, ideal image you have of a band that is attuned with your personal tastes is difficult to be the most objective as you can.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider