i'm not listening to anything unless i can confirm the quality of the tracks is decent.

most of the early leaks are shitty rip-jobs from either CDs or, god-forbid, vinyl.

actually, i may not listen to anything until my boxset arrives (w/ all 21 tracks) so i can listen to all the tracks in, again, decent quality, in one fell swoop.

in any event, it's a 100% guarantee that resourceful folks can find the iTunes files of the deluxe version (the 16-track version) a few minutes after 2:00 p.m. GMT on the 8th (thursday), when the australian iTunes store makes 'em live to download.

Matt's fiance Elle said she loves the alt. version of The Dark Side and that Propaganda might be her favorite ST track. Said she was iffy on it at first while it was still unfinished, but that it really grows on you ("god y'all it's amazing") and "Matt's voice is fuckin sexy as fuck" lol.

For reference, she says her favorite Drones tracks are Reapers, The Handler, and The Globalist.

This should be an interesting weekend

F the duration of a mere weekend.

i'm still mightily trying to come to grips w/ the notion that i first saw this band when i was 19 (i still hate you, maverick records). yup, quite a bit older now.

anyone else have similar feelings of...whatever? :vomit:

It's always so crazy to think about time in the sense that The Resistance was closer to the release of Origin of Symmetry than it is to Simulation Theory (and a little depressing output-wise...).

Also it feels like just a few years ago I was sitting in crazy anticipation waiting to watch the Reading stream to see Origin in full. Over 7 years ago though.

It's always so crazy to think about time in the sense that The Resistance was closer to the release of Origin of Symmetry than it is to Simulation Theory (and a little depressing output-wise...).

Also it feels like just a few years ago I was sitting in crazy anticipation waiting to watch the Reading stream to see Origin in full. Over 7 years ago though.

Yeah I do that same time frame thought with a lot of things. But that is seriously crazy. Hell being an American Abso being the first album I heard >TR felt like a huge stretch of time and it was only 6 years.

Yeah I do that same time frame thought with a lot of things. But that is seriously crazy. Hell being an American Abso being the first album I heard >TR felt like a huge stretch of time and it was only 6 years.

Also in that relatively short time frame they evolved in sound so much. Since then it's just been more of them trying out some different stuff, but not really "evolving" at all imo.

Also someone in her IG comments asked Elle what her favorite B-side is and she reiterated that it is in fact Spiral Static ("May be my fav muse song EVER"). So I guess it isn't a joke. Pretty cool though.

Another asked what her favorite Origin song is and she said Micro Cuts no question.

Worth a mention that I’ve been hoping for Matt to collab with a woman vocalist for a decent while tbh. It’s a dynamic I always like to see artists try (male/female combined vox) and he’s obvs got one of my favourite voices.

Admittedly, I was thinking maybe a Hayley Williams, Lady Gaga, Florence Welch, Lorde or even Charli XCX though, haven’t really heard much of Tove Lo.