Eh, not really. They posted the ones we’d roughly deciphered and he corrected a couple of bits. He’s not using them as a means of revealing stuff.

Not really, just look at their Instagram. By liking their videos, Matt was actually promoting the reveal of the correct lyrics through them, imo. They did something cool with the video game theme, and he actually added new lyrics to the batch.

Not really, just look at their Instagram. By liking their videos, Matt was actually promoting the reveal of the correct lyrics through them, imo. They did something cool with the video game theme, and he actually added new lyrics to the batch.

ohhh I cba debating about this account anymore :facepalm::chuckle:

Okay, I think that’s overcomplicating it and maybe this’ll fall on deaf ears but if that’s how you wanna look at it, I’m not gonna change your mind. But what I’m saying is they’re clearly not being fed information behind the scenes, so they themselves don’t have anything to ‘reveal’. They haven’t for the entire build-up, apart from the fact that the Pressure video had a Gremlins link, which is pretty inconsequential and something they got from a source anyone could’ve in theory. Hence why, imo, it’s not really worth analysing what they write for any kind of secret ‘cos that’s just not what they’ve been doing.

Edited by Jobby

Lmao guys whatever, I feel like you're purposefully avoid my point because you just don't like the account. I'll keep an eye on it because of Matt's interactions with the algorithm squad, which have been revealing in the past. Case closed.

What point?? :LOL: if Matt comes out on a whim and reveals something in response to them then great, I’m just saying it’s not worth analysing what they’re writing ‘cos they don’t have any info we don’t.

Anyway, yeah, moving on. You just don’t react to things so defensively my dude.

Public reminder that information without official source can be seen as spreading false information; try to stay factual, so we can avoid banning topics.

To clarify: the information from the phone number is genuine, but avoid speculation based on algorithm squad posts - they may turn out to be right, but they are not official.

Public reminder that information without official source can be seen as spreading false information; try to stay factual, so we can avoid banning topics.

To clarify: the information from the phone number is genuine, but avoid speculation based on algorithm squad posts - they may turn out to be right, but they are not official.

The source for the lyrics they posted is Matt Bellamy. That official enough?

Yeah, I'm confused. I mean, it's there for everyone to see so you can verify the source but for some reason you mention the algorithm squad and suddenly everyone starts reminding you that they're not official. I know, they've said this everywhere. The fact that Matt fed them exclusive content (algorithm lyrics, exclusive because he didn't give them to anyone else nor did he play games with other accounts, did he?) is undeniable though, and we should focus on that instead of bitching about the account.

Maybe we just shouldn’t discuss them, only any new response Matt provides that does actually contain info on the album (which tmk isn’t the case with this latest post) since that’s definitively relevant and won’t spiral into bollocks.

Don't post fictional stories or false information about the band and matters concerning them.

Having noticed that there is some debate on whether to believe the algorithm squad or not on several occasion, try to err on the side of caution. Be clear about where information comes from - that avoids needless debate.

Rather than saying: TOMORROW WE GET CLUB DATES, say: "Source x mentioned a band is announcing a club tour tomorrow; could it be Muse?"

If a fan claims they have gotten information from Matt, the same thing applies: "Fan claims to have this information from source, what do you think?".

We like discussion/speculation, but would at the same time prefer to avoid banning topics in the way other forums have done.

It’s not really a case of believing them or not ‘cos they’re not necessarily claiming anything or spreading any information so there’s nothing to believe, just a case of recognising that the vague stuff they post isn’t actually informed by any source and isn’t teasing/revealing anything. Matt’s replies are the only things to take anything away from (though, even then, only one or two have contained worthwhile info tmk).

Edit: basically, to put a pin in the whole thing and sum it up to avoid confusion: this account is confirmed to not actually know anything, Matt’s occasional replies to them are the only thing any information has come from (which has ultimately been a few corrected lyrics and a new line or 2, I suspect because where we got to was in the middle of a verse/chorus and he just finished off but who knows). So no need to get in a tizzy if they post a comment saying ‘thursday’ then delete it or use a certain emoji or owt like that ‘cos there’s nowt in it.

Edited by Jobby

Having noticed that there is some debate on whether to believe the algorithm squad or not on several occasion, try to err on the side of caution. Be clear about where information comes from - that avoids needless debate.

Rather than saying: TOMORROW WE GET CLUB DATES, say: "Source x mentioned a band is announcing a club tour tomorrow; could it be Muse?"

If a fan claims they have gotten information from Matt, the same thing applies: "Fan claims to have this information from source, what do you think?".

We like discussion/speculation, but would at the same time prefer to avoid banning topics in the way other forums have done.

Well your reasoning was that we should avoid speculation based on sources that aren't official, and that's never really been an issue before. Of course we should see these things for what they are though. Edited by Tjet

The tour dates came directly from the phone bot, I forgot to mention the source in my first post but I did it later. As for the Algorithn lyrics, again, the source is Matt (reference: all the comments he's left on the Algorithm account and replies to their comments on his posts). A new album is on its way, of course there's going to be speculation but no one here is saying that this or that account are official or have certain info. Only that news and rumours are being posted by a lot of accounts and so far the algorithm squad hasn't sustained any of the false claims that other pages pushed (Propaganda was supposed to come out last week according to several different pages), so I, personally, am more inclined to "believe" them, especially since they almost always quote their source.

I know the topic has been banned from other forums and I think it's stupid, since it's obviously a fan account that plays games and toys with spoilers that are already out or just need some extra digging to be "unveiled", but what differs them from any other news account is simply their content. There is a reason why Matt follows them, and the reason is that he simply finds that entertaining. I agree with that reasoning, I think they're quite unique and their content is worth the attention. Don't see why this should be the reason for any drama.

Well your reasoning was that we should avoid speculation based on sources that aren't official, and that's never really been an issue before. Of course we should see these things for what they are though.

I know! We hope that it'll stay that way - in general we can only be happy with how things have been discussed here regarding the new album :happy:

It just seemed to escalate between a few members, so my intention was only to clarify what the best way of dealing with them is within the rules of the board! Nothing bad intended.