I mean, the thing is they've announced that RAH gig and stuff, it just seems like they've decided to be really absent lately for whatever reason. I guess Matt's too focused on the jaded hearts club thing and Dom and Chris are doing whatever. I don't think we'll have any more shows this year, sadly. There's also a lack of interviews and press for this album - I mean by this point with drones we already had reviews and track times in

Just listened back to all the ST songs so far and I'm back to thinking it's going to be Muse's joint-worst album along with T2L. So far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't care if I never heard TC or DD ever again.

TDS is fine, but only fine. SH is far too saccharine for me and Pressure is just bland and repetitive. I'm pinning my hopes of redemption on Algorithm, The Void and, weirdly, Propaganda from what we've heard.

Just listened back to all the ST songs so far and I'm back to thinking it's going to be Muse's joint-worst album along with T2L. So far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't care if I never heard TC or DD ever again.

TDS is fine, but only fine. SH is far too saccharine for me and Pressure is just bland and repetitive. I'm pinning my hopes of redemption on Algorithm, The Void and, weirdly, Propaganda from what we've heard.

I agree with all of that, except I think TDS is a little better than fine. Not fantastic though. I'm really hoping this is a case of the unreleased tracks being the gems, but if they're on a similar level of quality as the released tracks then this will without a doubt be the worst Muse album for me.

TDS is great fun, and I expect I'll enjoy listening to it for a good while to come.

I enjoy Pressure. It is repetitive, but I don't mind, it doesn't get annoying.

I too can do without the rest. I actually skip them when Spotify decides to play them for me.

my thoughts exactly.

I respectfully disagree about that. While it's gonna be quite poppish, I have a feeling it will sound solid and tight when listened to front-to-back. Coupled with the fact the lyrics doesn't seem to have vapid and repetitive concepts shoe-horned in (I'm looking at ya, Drones) and so far the tracks have been quite honest and spontaneous (at least to me) in their sound direction, I think it's going to be very good in its own genre.

I also think TC might be the weakest track of the whole lot, after all. Regarding SH, imho, tracks like Aftermath and Revolt are waaay more saccharine. And cheesier, too. Heck, I can't even remember the last time I listened to Aftermath

Comparing to post-BHAR releases only - I’m expecting to prefer the new album to Drones, but there’s no guarantee past that point. It’d probably only take another good song and no major fall off in quality to beat out the couple of highlights from The 2nd Law for me, but am prepared for it to fall short of The Resistance. Will be very interesting to see what the non-single material turns out like!

WAKE UP! A review has dropped! 3 Stars!

NOTABLE POINTS

Algorithm - "Daft Punk's Tron" , "A fusion of dramatic strings and industrial electro"

Break It To Me "Rage Against the Machine clang with Missy Eliot style beats"

The Void "over the top" "blend of Bellamy's call to arms vocals" "classical piano and ominous sc-fi soundscape"

Get Up And Fight "aims to be pop" but ends up sounding like a rock track???

THE VOID HYPE??

https://i.redd.it/o2a116nnpyt11.jpg

Edited by RobM220

Agreed, I bet Jobby's got some opinions on these... :LOL:

Get Up And Fight doesn't sound good, but it's hard to say, obviously. Let's hope it's the new Revolt for me, which I love :LOL:.

I'd say that the reviewer was positive about the album, comparing it to Muse's latest releases in a more positive way, which is encouraging.