I just read the original in German, and then the translation to English. It is difficult to translate it, because it is written so weirdly! It feels so rushed, one short sentence to some of the songs... no mention of Dark side, and Dig down is, what was it again...Cyborg Gospel?? :LOL:

I don"t trust reviews anyway, I can't wait to finally listen to it myself! :D

Get Up And Fight sounds like it's going to be a horrific amalgam of Uprising and Revolt.

I'm both horrified by it and excited for it if that is the case :LOL:

"Down With This Sort of Thing"

:LOL:

no mention of Dark side, and Dig down is, what was it again...Cyborg Gospel?? :LOL:

They did mention Dark Side. Basically just called it typical Muse which is a fair description imo.

"Over-the-top guitars, chord drama, rock punch, Queen choirs, Brian May solos, glam riffs - also in 2018 they play their music with capital letters. Best example for this is the intro "The Dark Side", a typical song. Guitar arpeggios, opera style vocals, mega chorus: that's how Muse works."

Edited by heyjackk

Me neither, but I'd also be a little afraid after what they've done with the 0305030 riff in Psycho.

But in the Q review they put it as a highlight of ST, so... this time they might have actually done something more original and creative with a past riff.

“More original and creative” there’s nothing wrong with Psycho as is

“More original and creative” there’s nothing wrong with Psycho as is

I wasn't saying there's something wrong with Psycho.

But personally speaking, after more than three years and a half I can say that I find it a bit repetitive and not very special. I still really enjoy it as a full out rocking tune, but it doesn't feel fresh for their standards, unlike a good part of the ST songs we have so far.

I like the riff in Psycho but the repeat use of it interchanging with a beat like that of Uprising doesn't make it a strong essential IMO. Good fun live though.

As the opener in a live setting, I agree it's a banger. When I saw them in Milan I just couldn't help but jumping and throwing pumping fists to the sky in the heat of the moment. Maybe it's also because it was the first time I went to a gig of theirs, but the moment when Matt started the riff after Drones I literally felt an adrenaline rush through my veins! :chuckle:

I think Break It To Me will be more personal than you think, most likely not played live.

History says probs not since FAWY’s currently the only song from the first half of an album to have been neglected on it’s tour:

Showbiz (Escape, Overdue, HTAILY)

OOS (Darkshines, Megalomania)

Absolution (FAWY, Endlessly)

BH&R (Assassin, Exo-Politics, COD, Hoodoo)

Resistance (IBTY, Exo 2, Exo 3)

T2L (Big Freeze, Save Me)

Drones (Defector, Aftermath)

But it’s hard to make predictions on that for ST ‘til we’ve heard the album I guess, I have thought about it briefly though

Were these that neglected? I don't have the numbers but I do think some of these have shown up quite a bit.

Yeah, I’d say so. Both only really had stints for a couple of months in late 2001 (Darkshines v briefly in the summer as well), Meg carried over to 2002 but only a small handful of times. Apparently each played just over 30 times, about half that of Space Dementia which wasn’t really common either to me.

Wasn't Endlessly played quite a lot on the Absolution tour? At the start anyway. I don't think they played Ruled By Secrecy at all in 2003

Exo-Politics was neglected but I'm not sure I'd class the other 3 BHaR tracks as such

Depends what your definition of ‘neglected’ is I guess, I was mainly just going with whatever was noticably played the least. Endlessly was least played song during Abso by a fair distance (~28 plays behind RBS) with 40-odd plays out of 150-200 gigs. Was played at just about every gig for the first few of months of the proper tour but sharply dropped after.

I’d have said the same with the BH&R songs tbh but those other 3 were just the next 3 least played, and they were played less than I thought. All started off moderately in rotation but just dropped off more and more and were pretty dead by 2008. Don’t think any of them hit close to being played at 50% of gigs.

Course, I’m having to go off Musewiki + Setlist fm, which I don’t like trusting but I cba finding my document with the actual # of plays and they’ll be roughly right. Probably could’ve added Revolt as well.

Edited by Jobby

Can't believe it's almost album release day! :awesome::party:

I was gonna say it’s still too far away to be saying this but I’ve been preoccupied and missed that we’d gone past the 2 week mark, which, as we all know, is the designated point to start counting days

of which there are 11 (or less for a leak) :awesome:

I was gonna say it’s still too far away to be saying this but I’ve been preoccupied and missed that we’d gone past the 2 week mark, which, as we all know, is the designated point to start counting days

of which there are 11 (or less for a leak) :awesome:

:LOL: Yeah!

I'm actually pretty impressed by what's been released so far. I hope the rest of the album is just as good.