Seems that Propaganda may be coming next week. Lance just liked a comment on Instagram (someone saying "does October 23 mean something for music"). He did the same with my Dark Side comment the day before it came out, when I asked.

Huh, surprised if so but I guess it wouldn’t be the first time Matt’s been a smidge off with their plans. Weird for their to be no talk/promo for it just 2 days before it’s apparent release though?

Either way, club gigs announcement on the same day pls thx

Thought Contagion, SH and Pressure? Yes.

TDS and DD? Not so much, beside the solos.

TDS has guitar in the intro, choruses and the breaks between chorus and verse alongside the solo. Is it complex? No. Is it there? Yes.

Same with Dig Down. Sustainer in the first verse, arpeggios second verse, solo and then the out-chorus thing. Not complicated sure but still there and still decently prominent.

TDS has guitar in the intro, choruses and the breaks between chorus and verse alongside the solo. Is it complex? No. Is it there? Yes.

Same with Dig Down. Sustainer in the first verse, arpeggios second verse, solo and then the out-chorus thing. Not complicated sure but still there and still decently prominent.

Wouldn't call them guitar lines just because he uses the guitar though. The Dark Side is literally just individual chords that he hits with several seconds inbetween them. And just to clarify, this is just the author's perception of things. I can definitely agree that while songs like Something Human and The Dark Side have guitar, they don't feel very guitar-y. Like, it's definitely not the lead instruments unlike the majority of Muse's output. The author says that it's their most unguitary album yet, not that the album doesn't have guitar.

Wouldn't call them guitar lines just because he uses the guitar though. The Dark Side is literally just individual chords that he hits with several seconds inbetween them. And just to clarify, this is just the author's perception of things. I can definitely agree that while songs like Something Human and The Dark Side have guitar, they don't feel very guitar-y. Like, it's definitely not the lead instruments unlike the majority of Muse's output. The author says that it's their most unguitary album yet, not that the album doesn't have guitar.

Fair point - everyone's going to define things in their own way.

Tough to know whether they mean guitar-y as in riff based songs like an Agitated or an Assassin, or just songs with guitar featuring in them.

Fair point - everyone's going to define things in their own way.

Tough to know whether they mean guitar-y as in riff based songs like an Agitated or an Assassin, or just songs with guitar featuring in them.

I'm sure it's the first one. That means that ST won't be riff-based at the same level of Drones, which is something we somewhat already knew.

Calling it now, this October 23rd thing is nothing.

Conveniently left my post vague enough to keep this open as an option should it indeed by nothing

but I’ll go and commit meself

Announcement Tuesday

Presale Wednesday

General sale Friday

Could be, I feel like there’d be at least some social media teasing if it were a song of any kind though. Whereas with gigs, it’s actually pretty common for them to just drop them out of nowhere. Getting to around that crunch time where we see pre-release small shows as well.

Drones: release 6th of June, gigs March-May (outlier this tbf)

T2L: release 1st of October, E-Werk on 20th of September

TR: release 14th of September, small gigs on the 7th and 8th

BH&R: release 3rd of July, SBE on 28th of June

Abso: release 29th of September, small gigs on 3rd, 5th and 10th

Edited by Jobby

Could be, I feel like there’d be at least some social media teasing if it were a song of any kind though. Whereas with gigs, it’s actually pretty common for them to just drop them out of nowhere.

Doubt they would tease with gig dates to the point where they actually put it in a video, but hey, they've done stranger things!

Doubt they would tease with gig dates to the point where they actually put it in a video, but hey, they've done stranger things!

I’d say the same but it’s been so consistent of them to share screenshots and stuff for the vids before a song release across this era, even for NKOK. So I can’t see it being a song and ST would be their first album as a big time band to not have some kind of pre-release small show if not... :shifty: so I think it either has to be nothing or a gig(s) imo, maybe if it’s a by request or has something special about it, they’d see that as worthy of putting in a wee hint in advance for

and we all know I’ve never gotten ahead of myself and been wrong before :rolleyes:

Edit: I forgot the Reeperbahn gig but still, a small gig of their own if ya get me

Edited by Jobby

Don't think there's gonna be any more small gigs this year :$

How come?

I mean, I genuinely know I have a penchant for getting carried away but given that they’ve always done some small gigs around a new album release, their schedule is weirdly empty until next year, the band themselves saying at some point during the build up that they’d do some ‘smaller shows’ like usual and (more tenuously ‘cos he could’ve been taking the piss or wrong if not) Fabri saying he’s heard of a small show in Italy before the end of the year he thinks might be Muse...