Get Up And Fight doesn't sound good, but it's hard to say, obviously. Let's hope it's the new Revolt for me, which I love :LOL:.

Getting moderate Revolt vibes from the descriptions tbh, fingers crossed <3 can defo see it being one of the more polarising tracks

Shame no word on Blockades? I’ll have a read meself later

WAKE UP! A review has dropped! 3 Stars!

NOTABLE POINTS

Algorithm - "Daft Punk's Tron" , "A fusion of dramatic strings and industrial electro"

Break It To Me "Rage Against the Machine clang with Missy Eliot style beats"

The Void "over the top" "blend of Bellamy's call to arms vocals" "classical piano and ominous sc-fi soundscape"

Get Up And Fight "aims to be pop" but ends up sounding like a rock track???

THE VOID HYPE??

https://i.redd.it/o2a116nnpyt11.jpg

Yeah, definitely hyped as hell.

Votes mean nothing for now to me.

Getting moderate Revolt vibes from the descriptions tbh, fingers crossed <3 can defo see it being one of the more polarising tracks

Shame no word on Blockades? I’ll have a read meself later

Me too, if it's something like Revolt I'll lose it :LOL:. It'd be polarizing for sure.

The Void, Break It To Me and Algorithm might be the less polarizing tracks with Pressure and TDS, according to descriptions.

Can't wait to the album's release!

What irritates me is Muse have already created cogent, coherent electronic-rock crossovers.

Take A Bow, Map Of The Problematique, Dead Inside, Endlessly, MK Ultra - they CAN do it. But I feel this ST direction is totally the wrong direction for that side of the band. I hope Algorithm and Propaganda prove me wrong, but I've waded through enough Muse bullshit to see it a mile off.

Consider me lukewarm, at best.

I'm looking forward to pressing play on the album for the first time and hearing a brand new song (which from descriptions sounds like it might actually be quite good) for the first time.

Ever since BH&R we've heard the opening track (/couple of tracks) before the album's been released, so the first time you listen to the whole thing there's a bit of a sense of "ok great, can these songs be over so i can listen to the new ones please". Pissed me off a bit when Radiohead did that with AMSP in 2016 (especially as the transition from Burn the Witch to Daydreaming is pretty poor)

Loving the idea of a massively over-the-top closer with sci-fi vibes as well, yes fucking please.

This is true. Just going by name, it was the song I was immediately most excited by.

The funny thing is only using names the fans have pretty much called the board favorites for the past few albums. I can remember people, myself included, being immediately hyped for all of the following based on only track title.

Motp, assassin, Unnatural selection, mk ultra, exogenesis, supremacy, animals, the handler, defector and the globalist. The latter two probably being the most off as far as a top tier Muse song but at least still not “Pop Muse”

The funny thing is only using names the fans have pretty much called the board favorites for the past few albums. I can remember people, myself included, being immediately hyped for all of the following based on only track title.

Motp, assassin, Unnatural selection, mk ultra, exogenesis, supremacy, animals, the handler, defector and the globalist. The latter two probably being the most off as far as a top tier Muse song but at least still not “Pop Muse”

I feel like this is a v selective and subjective memory to begin with, let alone implying ‘pop Muse’ is inherently bad :LOL:

I feel like this is a v selective and subjective memory to begin with, let alone implying ‘pop Muse’ is inherently bad :LOL:

Didn’t say they were bad but we all know what the consensus among board favorite songs are. At least for those of us that have been around long enough to groan at pop muse. However Dead Inside is pop Muse that breaks into their absolute best ranks.

To clarify imo DI is way above Defector or The Globalist.

Didn’t say they were bad but we all know what the consensus among board favorite songs are. At least for those of us that have been around long enough to groan at pop muse. However Dead Inside is pop Muse that breaks into their absolute best ranks.

To clarify imo DI is way above Defector or The Globalist.

Do we though? The only songs in that list I’d say can be comfortably called ‘board favourites’ are The Handler, Map and Assassin (which even took a good few years to get there as well iirc). Some of them have even found their way towards the bottom of a fair few people’s respective album lists at different points in their lifespan, in favour of some pop.

If there’s owt I’ve learned from a few album cycles it’s that fans’ll get hyped up and project their own sound onto any song title as long as it’s not a) glaringly a bit weird (NSC, GUAF, BITM, IBTY) or b) already had a description that doesn’t sound great (Aftermath). People got hyped over Supremacy expecting some goliath epic and that ended up disappointingly tame, Dead Inside for being a dark, heavy riff-fest to kick off the ‘back to roots’ rock album - Mercy for similar reasons, Big Freeze had some anticipation for the odd but interesting title, etc. People have got these things wrong a ton of times over the years, which is why I made jokes when we initially saw the ST tracklist about reading too much into things ‘cos I did it in the past as well :chuckle:

Edited by Jobby

When fan votes happen are people clamoring for Dead Star or the pop songs?

And I’m not saying there weren’t some that got missed or were way off for sure or had hype and fell flat but the examples I gave were what a lot off people expected to be the “classic” rock driven Muse and they weren’t wrong.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

Wanna give Supremacy an exception because Muse really hyped that one up too. It was their "sleazy metal track" using the old live Citizen Erased alternate riff and descriptions described the piercing falsetto.

It delivered on basically all those things just not in a way that really blew anyone away. Although initial response was very positive.