Well, fuck. Now I feel embarrassed for vouching for MuseFrance. :LOL:

Honestly I've seen a lot of good people whose opinions I greatly respect on here that still made really dumb comparisons when hearing songs early. At this point I think I would do the same.

I like what I hear of Propaganda even though that one part is... odd.

Well, fuck. Now I feel embarrassed for vouching for MuseFrance. :LOL:

To be honest when the extract was played, we couln't heard very well with all the clapping (and it was not played very loudly). And it was not even teased before. Nagui didn't said "and now we are going to listen to propaganda", so it was very strange and the end of the extract seemed to be an heavy military drum when we listenned it

We knew that it was an extract of propaganda after it was played.

It sounds a bit tribal as someone has already alluded to. It could be the track that was being recorded when this pic was taken?

Maybe it's my mind playing tricks, but I'm sure there was an interview with Dom around that time too where he said that Matt was going to be adding a guitar solo?

Anyways, the little snippet sounds promising.

He said it was "a big guitar riff", so maybe the song will take off from the snippet we heard onwards.

EDIT: Wait... Seems there may be guitar doubling that acid synth going on in the chorus. Or am I mistaken?

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Idk whether that even is the chorus tbh. Could easily be a pre-chorus with how the last ‘propaganda’ line and instrumental sounds like it might be dipping to go into something bigger, who knows though.

Does anyone roughly remember when track lengths come out/leak? Just curious to see them given how short the record’s shaping up so far.

You can make same point about DD, can't you? :D

With the bassline and such, I mean.

I'd argue that the bassline in Dig Down is a lot more similar to Madness than the vocals in Propaganda are to Madness. Not to mention that the bassline isn't the only similarity between the two songs.

But we've only heard like 20-30 seconds of Propaganda so far so hey, maybe it turns out to be super similar to Madness, who knows?

I'd argue that the bassline in Dig Down is a lot more similar to Madness than the vocals in Propaganda are to Madness. Not to mention that the bassline isn't the only similarity between the two songs.

But we've only heard like 20-30 seconds of Propaganda so far so hey, maybe it turns out to be super similar to Madness, who knows?

Hopefully it won't, since it really sounds like its atmosphere is basically begging for a guitaristic explosion of some kind, probably with a signature Muse riff in Dmin.

Oh man, I kind of love that. I love the sludgy, stompy, tribal feel and the ridiculously OTT robo voice. The little snippet of vocal you hear right at the end reminds me of the vocal delivery in Sign Of The Times. Dare I say it's also a bit NIN/Gary Numan even early nu-metal, sort of Hybrid Theory/Meteora vibe.

That chorus though sounds ripe for some srs beefing up live too.

Idk whether that even is the chorus tbh. Could easily be a pre-chorus with how the last ‘propaganda’ line and instrumental sounds like it might be dipping to go into something bigger, who knows though.

Does anyone roughly remember when track lengths come out/leak? Just curious to see them given how short the record’s shaping up so far.

I'm doubting we get a song longer than 4 minutes at this point

I love the first half of the clip but I have a feeling I'm gonna end up kinda hating that next part. It just doesn't sound musical at all. But it's hard to tell if there is anything else going on during it. Knowing Muse recently, I'm sure that part will repeat like 4 or 5 times throughout the song.

I'm doubting we get a song longer than 4 minutes at this point

Algorithm and Blockades will be

None over 5 tho

I think Pressure was already overstaying its welcome so I'll be glad to get shorter songs.

Same (apart from the Pressure thing), mainly brought on by some of Drones feeling too long tbh