And we should all be thankful because they can't even seem to write 4 minute tracks atm without getting repetitive.

I can agree about this if we're talking about songs like TC, and to a way smaller extent Pressure, but frankly not the rest.

EDIT: Also, let's not fuss too much about track lengths. A song like Shine clocks at barely past three minutes, yet it's one of their best songs ever.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Most of those tracks are from Drones, in fact. I was rather talking about ST ones.
I got that but I was the one who brought it up, and I did in fact include Drones songs so.

Also we haven't even had a 4 minute song from ST yet.

Expected, excited by it for some reason. 42:02 minutes long if my maths is right, 3:26 shorter than the next closest (BH&R).

I feel like I can reach out and touch the leak

The Void is just setting itself up to be a disappointment. Classic, almost 5 minutes, described as an "epic classical piano piece" and ends the album.

Tbh none of this sets it up for disappointment in the slightest imo

EDIT: Also, let's not fuss too much about track lengths. A song like Shine clocks at barely past three minutes, yet it's one of their best songs ever.

Nah you’re thinking of Shine Acoustic which is over 5

Edited by Jobby

I got that but I was the one who brought it up, and I did in fact include Drones songs so.

Also we haven't even had a 4 minute song from ST yet.

That's true, my bad.

Speaking of which, it shocks me to see how Blockades is only 3:50. I expected it to be one of longest within the four-to-five minute range, lol.

It's more that I'm worried that it's just gonna be a let down, with all these lovely things being said about it. Interesting that Algorithm isn't that long either, thought the radio guy said that Algorithm almost reaches 5. :LOL:

Maybe it felt longer to him because of the presence of twists and turns within its running time. Which excites me, but I know it certainly won't be like that.

Nah you’re thinking of Shine Acoustic which is over 5

I'm an incredible sucker for the "acquatic" baroque-like synths and the increasing intensity and speed in the three-minute version.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

It's more that I'm worried that it's just gonna be a let down, with all these lovely things being said about it. Interesting that Algorithm isn't that long either, thought the radio guy said that Algorithm almost reaches 5. :LOL:

The only stuff we’ve heard about it came from one review though iirc so we’ve not had much of a spread yet. I’m interested in it, sure, ‘cos of the piano/synth combo and Muse’s generally good track history with closers but there’s not enough to get majorly hyped about imo.

If there’s owt that’s destined to not live up to expectations, it’ll be Algorithm :LOL:

(but that won’t happen obviously)

Speaking of which, it shocks me to see how Blockades is only 3:50. I expected it to be one of longest within the four-to-five minute range, lol.

I mean, technically, it is one of the longest since there’s only 2 songs longer :chuckle:

I think it’s about where I expected. I’m feeling a lighter, more concise Reapers for some reason but that’s not really based on much obvs.

This has probably been asked and answered numerous times recently but, how long before the official release date did Drones leak ?

Few days, less than a week for sure

Now can we please focus on the kind of speculation that's important!

What notes will Matt hit? Which song will have the highest/lowest notes and how high/low will they be?

I bet Algorithm will lack in high chest but have some falsetto around D5/Eb5.

Propaganda won't have anything interesting range wise except for low backing vocals which people will argue back and forth about who they belong to.

The Void will have belted G#4s.

What notes will Matt hit? Which song will have the highest/lowest notes and how high/low will they be?

Propaganda won't have anything interesting range wise except for low backing vocals which people will argue back and forth about who they belong to.

all in matt's low voice

No, the true questions are...

Is there really a fucking didjeridoo in Propaganda?

If the answer is yes, who's playing it? Did they manage to play multiple takes in a row without fainting or did they take some pauses in between?

Lol on the Instagram picture they just posted saying the album out on Friday November 9th the algorithm squad commented ¡°Thursday.¡± And it¡¯s already been deleted

The entire post or just the comment alone?

GUAF big chest notes

BITM falsetto

The Void both

Algorithm relatively tame

idk this is based on next to nowt but if I’m right I guess I’ll claim it

Lol on the Instagram picture they just posted saying the album out on Friday November 9th the algorithm squad commented “Thursday.” And it’s already been deleted

Right not to sound mean but has that account actually posted anything worthwhile because maybe it’s just me but I feel like most of what they’ve posted is just pretending to know stuff they don’t