hm....

Anyone else noticed that the font on these singles keeps changing?

Like, the DD single has a font which is new to Muse, and they even use it on their name rather than their usual logo.

Then the TC single has Muse in a different font, while the word Thought is in the DD font and Contagion is in another new font.

Now the SH single has Something in the same font as Contagion, but Human is once again in an entirely new font, and Muse is in a different font as well.

I'm sure it doesn't probably mean much of anything, but it's kinda cool.

If it’s a double effort, perhaps the main album is called Dark Side and the other half is Simulation Theory? For example, SH could be on Simulation Theory because it has that dreamy quality like the world is sunshine and roses and machines aren’t actually controlling us.

Dark Side probably will be just a song tho

I'm pretty hyped about Album 8 so far.

Ironically, the pressure will come when they release "Pressure". If this "classic muse track" fails to deliver then a large chunk of the fan base may be turned off for good.

I like to look at it this way:

For all we know, we could have heard the album's version of Screenager, Feeling Good and Hyper Music, or Soldiers Poem, Starlight and Exo-Politics, with little indication that Citizen Erased, Take A Bow, New Born or MOTP are just around the corner.

I like to look at it this way:

For all we know, we could have heard the album's version of Screenager, Feeling Good and Hyper Music, or Soldiers Poem, Starlight and Exo-Politics, with little indication that Citizen Erased, Take A Bow, New Born or MOTP are just around the corner.

The hopeless optimism.

The hopeless optimism.

I'm certainly not saying there will be songs on this album of the quality of those I mentioned. Just that there is the possibility that the better material has yet to be heard.

Edit: Their latest interview on Beats 1 kinda backs up my thoughts.

Algorithm: Classic piano on top of a weird blade runner, computer game soundtrack

Blockade: Really heavy track sounding something like Newborn

The Dark Side: Has ties to tracks they've done in the past, and this is the best version of them (whatever that means)

I'm liking the sound of those + the acoustic/alternate versions.

Edited by Man_In_Showbiz

Honestly v hyped for this record now. Algorithm’s descriptions continue to make me sweat. Have a feeling the initial small gigs are gonna be particularly fun as well.

It's certainly not the best song on the album, but that's digressing.

Highly debatable

Really hate how they describe so many of their new songs now. They just compare them to another one of their songs. "Citizen Erased pt. 2," "Fury 2," "sounds like New Born," "the best version of a bunch of our old tracks," etc.

I wonder for The Dark Side, when they talk about how it ties back to a bunch of their old tracks, if they literally mean they took different exact elements from those tracks and put them together, e.g. the Showbiz bassline in The Handler.

Edited by Matthz

Yeah especially the last two. Straight up saying it sounds like New Born? Jesus. So far this album has been very promising in terms of trying new things and not just doing Muse by numbers, but at least 3 songs sound like Muse almost intentionally copied themselves. Oh well, we'll see how it turns out. I'll probably end up loving at least one of them.

Btw I can't remember the exact wording but I think he was talking about "ideas" rather than actual melodies.

New Born's a top 5 Muse song for me, so I'll take anything in that vein, even if it's just US two.

Also Screenager took a long time to grow on me, but it's easily one of the most interesting songs on OoS. Love the bluesy, latinesque guitar lines too (this is the kind of thing that makes Muse doing acoustic songs interesting).

I'm picturing The Dark Side is gonna be a huge cheese fest in the vein of songs like GL/Survival. Either that or Endlessly part 2.