The crooning vocals? The harmonizing voices (yeah, they're synthesized, but still...)? The unusual (for them) percussions? The acoustic guitar (which is actually very feeble in the clip)? The intimate atmosphere?

Vocals sound like normal 2009- Matt to me and vocal harmonies are in about 96% of Muse’s discography :LOL:

Idk, it’s a 5 second low quality clip but if we’re drawing comparisons to past Muse stuff, I’d say the percussion (and guitar, from what I think I barely hear) reminds me of FAWY, the synths of Dig Down and the synthesized backing vox of Easily.

Screenager’s super dry, dark and bare for the most part and Soldier’s Poem’s a slow, dissonant barbershop ballad in 3/4. This sounds like an electronic/acoustic pop ballad to me, like if Muse covered Simply Red or something.

Edited by Jobby

They didn’t really miss much. My cinema was just a chorus of “...what?” after the clip :LOL:

Same at mine. A bit of "huh..."' and a shrug of shoulders. The clip wasn't long enough to get a proper impression of the song.

Simply Red getting a mention on this board in the context of new muse music discussion: unanticipated. lol.

The thing is, from what little we've heard, it doesn't sound anything like Simply Red, at all.

Loving this VR, Blade Runner, Ready Player One, neon arcades sounding direction they seem to be going in

Well, the verses we can hear are vaguely reminiscent of the theme of programmed expiration the droids are subjected to in Blade Runner.

"Five hundred hours 'till I erode..."

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

There was a clip of a new song at the end of the credits?

Yeah. After the credits faded to black, there was a brief pause before the band came back to introduce a sneak peak at Something Human, confirming its release as July 19th.

Yeah. After the credits faded to black, there was a brief pause before the band came back to introduce a sneak peak at Something Human, confirming its release as July 19th.

Ah, the lights came on and the usual cinema music started playing and we waited a minute but saw nothing, so it seems like where I went didn't show the clip.

Here you are :) :

Based on this (which is really nothing to go off of), I'm hearing something very pop, but more somber in tone, maybe not an absolutely huge chorus (which would be a nice change) if that line is part of the chorus. I kinda got FAWY SFA vibes, but I was also distinctly reminded of Sharkboy and Lavagirl for no real reason, so idk.

I look forward to new Muse next week, and if this is the first song they wrote after the Drones tour, and they've been working on it all this time, I'm actually optimistically expecting better than DD and TC.

I'm getting more of a late 90s straight-to-video Disney sequel feel with those vocal harmonies and the percussion - very Lion King :LOL:

I think I can hear some gospel-esque church organ underneath too, so will be interested to hear how all of the elements come together.

If nothing else, I'm glad the album sounds like it's going to be colourful and diverse again. After The 2nd Law I wasn't sure that's what I wanted from the band anymore, but the greys and browns of Drones made me realise I did, I just wanted it done better.

I'm getting more of a late 90s straight-to-video Disney sequel feel with those vocal harmonies and the percussion - very Lion King :LOL:

I think I can hear some gospel-esque church organ underneath too, so will be interested to hear how all of the elements come together.

If nothing else, I'm glad the album sounds like it's going to be colourful and diverse again. After The 2nd Law I wasn't sure that's what I wanted from the band any more, but the greys and browns of Drones made me realise I did, I just wanted it done better.

hm...that's actually a good question

will LP8 be better than T2L?