For the record, I'm 100% for Muse recording with a marching band. No one's done that since Fleetwood Mac's Tusk in the 70s.

How on earth would you even know that? Anyway I’m pretty sure OK Go used one for This Too Shall Pass, and I don’t doubt that there are loads of other examples.

Edited by Tjet

How on earth would you even know that? Anyway I’m pretty sure OK Go used one for This Too Shall Pass, and I don’t doubt that there are loads of other examples.

I read a lot about popular music and listen to a lot of it in my free time, so I tend to think I know things about it. I'd never heard of it being done other than Tusk, and I just assumed it was an unusual enough thing to have only been done once, at least by a major artist. Sorry for making an assumption.

Yeah I listen to a lot of music as well, but I feel like listening to a lot of music only makes me realise how much there is out there that I HAVENT heard. I don’t think anyone could possibly make definitive statements about every single band out there. Not even every single band out there on a label.

Yeah I listen to a lot of music as well, but I feel like listening to a lot of music only makes me realise how much there is out there that I HAVENT heard. I don’t think anyone could possibly make definitive statements about every single band out there. Not even every single band out there on a label.

Again, I'm sorry for making an assumption.

Do we know if Muse was recording with a marching band? Or was it just Matt recording them for some not-Muse related purpose?

We know it's 99.9% the first option.

We only know that it'll be terrible. No further details!

I was so worried when I didn't see your usual "it will be terrible" comment. Everything is in order in the universe, now.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I reckon it's going to be like with Thought Contagion earlier this year.

What I mean is, they will release the song, then several weeks later, there's going to be a By Request gig where they open with the new single, then Matt's like "Thank you, thank you, we know you didn't come for that."

Hoping for CoD to finally return, especially given Matt's recent mentions of a new acoustic one and CoD itself.

I'm imagining maybe a couple of small club gigs dotted around the place when the new album comes out, if it is indeed a November release and leading into a full tour next year. But a full request show around the time this new track is released still has potential. In any case, it does sound like they're almost ready to go on the next LP.

Would prefer it in Europe if one appears as I couldn't make SBE or La Cigale but I guess its fair that the US gets a crack.

Not that I would be so hasty to suggest it’s confirmed, but Glen did like 2 tweets about a gig at the Cavern Club in support of a charity for small UK venues earlier :shifty:

Again, not that I would suggest there may be any substance to that.

At all.

I mean, why would there be?

Could argue it was pointless to even mention it really.

I reckon it's going to be like with Thought Contagion earlier this year.

What I mean is, they will release the song, then several weeks later, there's going to be a By Request gig where they open with the new single, then Matt's like "Thank you, thank you, we know you didn't come for that."

La Cigale was around a week after TC but, yeah, basically. I’m saying it based off the same reasoning I said back in Jan/Feb, there’s been talk of them doing more request gigs and I don’t think they’ve ever released a single during a break from gigs.

Not that I would be so hasty to suggest it’s confirmed, but Glen did like 2 tweets about a gig at the Cavern Club in support of a charity for small UK venues earlier :shifty:

Again, not that I would suggest there may be any substance to that.

At all.

I mean, why would there be?

Could argue it was pointless to even mention it really.

Well, actually, now that you mention it...