Y'know I'm so excited for this album that I've kind of forgotten about the mistake which was Dig Down. By the time Simulation Theory is out, Dig Down will be around 1 and 3/4 years old. To me, that seems like far too long of a distance between a single and the album release. Still, maybe the Alternate version will redeem it.

Those lyrics that appeared on some dodgy lyrics site?

I very much doubt they're real. Since when does Matt talk about "the government" instead of "they"?

I have no idea how genuine that Lyrics website is, the only source to it's authenticity is from Reddit where a few seem to think it's genuine as was uploaded by a moderator?

I very much doubt they're real. Since when does Matt talk about "the government" instead of "they"?

Aye, potentially big giveaway that. I say potentially ‘cos he could obvs start any time but I don’t think he’s ever directly said “the government” or “government” in a song. But it is something you could see someone doing if they were trying to invent some generic Muse lyrics.

I feel like Matt would have this album come out today if he could lol, I’m getting the impression he’s anxious to get this one out there.

Think he’s said he always is, hence why they wanted to move away from the traditional album format so many times. Seems to be pretty common w/ artists, understandably I guess.

The funniest thing of this all is that many fans on r/Muse are absolutely sure these are the real lyrics because of that lyrics site. :chuckle:

The only that might turn out to be true (but again, I'm aware it's also wishful thinking from my part) is that TDS may indeed drop in the next couple of days. Tomorrow is Thursday after all, and we know singles are officially released on Thursdays (although TDS isn't technically an official single).

I really wish they weren't releasing so many songs before the album again. Listening to Drones as a whole was so much less exciting than T2L because we'd heard half the album already (maybe more?), and it was especially disappointing when the unheard songs all ended up being super disappointing.

And god I wish Dig Down wasn't on the album. That alone is killing my hype. The fact it's one of their worst songs ever in addition to the fact it will be what, almost a 2 year old song at that point? I mean come on, that's ridiculous.

Agreed all around. It's hard to get excited for an upcoming album when you've already heard half of it AND know which songs you plan to skip past in advance.

I was on reddit yesterday when someone "leaked" the new tracklist. Now today, these lyrics have appeared a random website. If they are legit, then why would they be in such an unfamiliar place? Why not another little secret phone number thing to reveal it? The sub seems to be filled with porky pies at the moment - And not the edible kind.

Lyrics are fake now apparently which isn't a bad thing as they were pretty shit.

I wonder if we will get another little trailer before we hear the song.

I thought the same, hehe. Good trolling, though; the little story behind that it's also pretty hilarious, too.

And yeah, I'm sure we're gonna get another small teaser before midnight at least.

Wonder if this leaked tracklist is right as well then, since that was also what said TDS would be out within a couple of days, right? (I don’t read the Reddit)

I positively think it's not. Titles like Get Up And Fight, Brake It To Me and Propaganda smell too much of fake to me.

The Void would be a pretty badass title, though.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I positively think it's not. Titles like Get Up And Fight, Brake It To Me and Propaganda smell too much of fake to me.

The Void would be a pretty badass title, though.

The first two are defo unlike them but titles are something I’ve learned not to rule out much. Tons of song names sound ‘wrong’ until they’re established. Psycho, Knights Of Cydonia, Dig Down, Supermassive Black Hole, Big Freeze all sound weird without context but we don’t think it now.

Just seems a weird coinky-dink to be right about TDS coming out so soon but not that. Especially if TDS’s release ends up coinciding w/ album info (tracklist, date, art) etc. being announced, which I can see. If someone’s privy to info on TDS, it wouldn’t be a surprise for them to also know the rest, if that were the case. Or someone happened to know a guy who knew about TDS and thought they’d stretch it with a fake tracklist as well, stranger things and shit.

We heard more than half of T2L before it came out.

I feel like that was way different though. That was just amateur live videos, and we got 5 new ones all that night. Plus it was only days before the album drop. I think everyone was still really excited to see how the studio versions sounded. Overall that was probably the most exciting day of my Muse fandom; thousands of people on the board waiting for people to upload videos.

I have lived with darkness for all my life

I've been deceived

You'd be afraid if you could feel my pain

And if you could see the things I am able to see

Break me out

Break me out

Let me see

Break me out

Break me out

Set me free

I hail from darkness for all my life

I've been deceived

You'd be scared, living with my despair

And if you could feel the things I am able to feel

Break me out

Break me out

Let me see

Break me out

Break me out

Set me free

Save me from the dark side

Break me out

Break me out

Set me free

-----------

Yes, Sirs. Those you're reading are the real lyrics of The Dark Side.

(Wow, Matt, who the fuck hurt you?).

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider