Ok, I hear what you’re saying and I’d just like to add I wasn’t technically wrong and that a request gig would have happened next month 100% if it weren’t for said unforeseen circumstances. So basically I’m still always to be trusted when hyping things up.

(but in all seriousness, surgery ain’t an easy thing and it goes without saying that I/we hope it all goes well for him)

Gonna be strange not having any gigs around a new single release. Wonder what’s gonna be going on around November then, other than obvs TV/promo performances, if proper gigs aren’t starting ‘til 2019.

New single confirmed for July. It will be called "Something Human".

Also, LP8 is confirmed for November.

Here's the link to the video interview with Matt: http://blitz.sapo.pt/videos/2018-06-25-Matt-Bellamy-dos-Muse-Portugal-foi-provavelmente-o-primeiro-pais-a-acolher-nos.-Veja-a-entrevista-VIDEO

Wait, we have a release date and new single announced and this place isn't blowing up? Sad.. The Board truly is dead...

Maybe we need a seperate thread for "Something human" :p

I'm more excited about the new single than the Drones-movie tbh. The title sounds a bit strange to me (like the other two recent songs) wondering what the album-title's gonna be like?? any suggestions??

No new gigs for some month but a surgery is an important issue and I hope Chris will be back in great shape soon!

Edited by Claudia O.

Wait, we have a release date and new single announced and this place isn't blowing up? Sad.. The Board truly is dead...

Whooooooooo....really caaaares anymooooore???

Ahem...hope it's better than the last two! :ninja:

I read just now about Chris' back surgery. Gutted for him. :(

Let's hope everything goes well during his recovery. Best wishes, Wolstenbeast. <3 <3

Well... there's always the Muse subreddit if we want something livelier.

Board will probably get busier when the single actually drops. It also seems to me like this single is more assuredly tied to the coming album than the last two. Dig Down seemed like a standalone, and Thought Contagion seemed like it might be a standalone as well, even thought they'll both probably end up on the album, or has that been confirmed yet?

Matt told the Irish Independent that Something Human will be out after the Drones Tour movie is released next week, and that its an "intimate" track.

Not sure if there's much to go on from him saying its different from the tracks on Drones, mind, given neither Dig Down or Thought Contagion sonically fit in on that LP.

intimate could mean a lot of things

Unintended

Screenager

Endlessly

Hoodoo

Exogenesis Part 3

Explorers

Aftermath

the list goes on.

I hope it's going to be one of the two acoustic songs they have planned, merely because I'm really curious to hear how they may have worked it out.

Also, it would be boring if it is a Madness 3.0.

Intimate + departure from Drones, to me, = probs a love song that’s pretty laid back w/ a electronic/pop sound. Maybe some acoustic guitar or clean-ish electric if any. Basically Madness up to the solo.

It’s still not really enough to make an active call on though. Surprised there hasn’t really been any teasing for it. Just ‘oh yeah, new single in a few weeks, it’s called x’ in a couple of niche online articles. Shit, it’s not even been officially acknowledged on any social media.

intimate could mean a lot of things

Unintended

Screenager

Endlessly

Hoodoo

Exogenesis Part 3

Explorers

Aftermath

the list goes on.

I’m not bashing ‘nyoo mooz’ when I say this but they ain’t writing a song like Screenager in 2018 my guy. Like, regardless of description, you can scratch that one off :chuckle:

Haven't they already said it's the one with loads of tribal drums and a massive riff in it?

Nah, pretty sure that was just a random teaser pic/vid for the record in general.

Edited by Jobby

Acoustic songs are so freaking boring and plain. Why would anyone want Muse to write songs like that? Just use the electric guitar with amazing effects for Christ sake.

"Riff-based songs are so freaking boring and plain. Why would anyone want Muse to keep writing always those ones? Start playing some fucking organ or mellotron, for Christ's sake!"

Was there much in the way of teasing before Thought Contagion appeared?

Teased the MV, posted that art poster of Chris then announced the track + artwork in the week up to release. Feel like there might’ve been more before that I’m forgetting though.

Edit: Matt was teasing/talking about it at least as early as December (2 months before)

Edited by Jobby

Intimate + departure from Drones, to me, = probs a love song that’s pretty laid back w/ a electronic/pop sound. Maybe some acoustic guitar or clean-ish electric if any. Basically Madness up to the solo.

It’s still not really enough to make an active call on though. Surprised there hasn’t really been any teasing for it. Just ‘oh yeah, new single in a few weeks, it’s called x’ in a couple of niche online articles. Shit, it’s not even been officially acknowledged on any social media.

I’m not bashing ‘nyoo mooz’ when I say this but they ain’t writing a song like Screenager in 2018 my guy. Like, regardless of description, you can scratch that one off :chuckle:

Nah, pretty sure that was just a random teaser pic/vid for the record in general.

Lol, fair point.

Yeah, llama toenails on the new single are probably out of the question, but I do still look forward to the acoustic!

Besides, acoustic could mean they bring back a bit of that Spanish/Latin flair they used to have, and that's one of my favorite bits of old Muse's sound.