• 2 weeks later...
I'm still really hyped for this album. At the end of the day, it's still Muse. This whole new simulation theme I find to be quite interesting. Something Human is quickly becoming one of my favourites. Y'all can hate me as much as you want.

SH > Mercy

Not saying much I know, but I love it as well. A real breath of fresh air somehow.

I really wish they weren't releasing so many songs before the album again. Listening to Drones as a whole was so much less exciting than T2L because we'd heard half the album already (maybe more?), and it was especially disappointing when the unheard songs all ended up being super disappointing.

And god I wish Dig Down wasn't on the album. That alone is killing my hype. The fact it's one of their worst songs ever in addition to the fact it will be what, almost a 2 year old song at that point? I mean come on, that's ridiculous.

I really wish they weren't releasing so many songs before the album again.

It's an experiment this time around, I think. Kind of a hybrid between their idea of no longer releasing albums, just separate songs and then deciding to do a traditional album anyway.

I don't know how they'll measure or decide if this was a successful way of doing things. I prefer the old-fashioned way with one or to singles released closer before the album. But since the album sounds like it'll be shit anyway, I guess I don't care if it's spoiled.

I'm really looking for the album. My hope is that there will be at least 5 songs on there that will hold my interest for more than a couple of months.

I was super hyped for Drones based on those little guitar snippets on IG but I struggle with 70% of that album.

Album Hype will die down if Pressure and The Dark Side (assuming they are the songs to be released next) turn out to be no better than Defector or Big Freeze. All I will be left with is the hope that there is the odd gem on there like Animals.

Now, I'm not sure if this is my mind playing tricks on me but, wasn't this guitar solo played as like an intro/outro back in La Cigale? I don't recall which song, but my mind is just cast back to that gig for some reason.

Yes it was!

it’s not quite Defector

Edit: I do love these candid lil vids from Matt though. Either total silence and a nerdy smile, presented in his garage, or “hey guys here’s a little bit of my new song I did, hope you like it xx <3”. It’s like a 16 y/o dabbling with YT for the first time. Endearing little man.

Edited by Jobby