The thing with those blatant comparisons is that it's just a guarantee to be a lesser version. I like Unnatural Selection, I'll probably like whatever other sequel they're doing, but I'd like to see them try a little more than that.

The Handler was a sequel in theme only (maybe the ending style I guess) and it was better for it. It was not a new style for them but it still didn't feel like a Part 2.

Idk what it is but US has to be one of my least favorite songs on TR, but it’s my least favorite album so I guess that’s not saying much. New Born needs a triumphant return to the setlist. I’m really hoping they try to get their setlists right this upcoming tour

Idk what it is but US has to be one of my least favorite songs on TR, but it’s my least favorite album so I guess that’s not saying much. New Born needs a triumphant return to the setlist. I’m really hoping they try to get their setlists right this upcoming tour

I loved US to death when I first heard TR. It's still my favorite Muse album for the whole atmosphere of it (and a dash of nostalgia), but I didn't hear stuff like New Born or Citizen Erased or Assassin until a while later, and now when I revisit TR that song is usually the dullest moment for me as well. The solo and midsection still get me, but the intro and riff wore off a good bit.

Do we reckon those 2 bonus songs from before are gonna come with these 8 alternate recordings to make a second disc of 10 tracks or were they actually just 2 of those alt. versions themselves? (or have they forgotten about them altogether)

Lack of a mention amongst all this new stuff has me minorly concerned.

Do we reckon those 2 bonus songs from before are gonna come with these 8 alternate recordings to make a second disc of 10 tracks or were they actually just 2 of those alt. versions themselves? (or have they forgotten about them altogether)

Lack of a mention amongst all this new stuff has me minorly concerned.

return of the b-sides?

I'm pretty hyped about Album 8 so far.

Ironically, the pressure will come when they release "Pressure". If this "classic muse track" fails to deliver then a large chunk of the fan base may be turned off for good.

I like to look at it this way:

For all we know, we could have heard the album's version of Screenager, Feeling Good and Hyper Music, or Soldiers Poem, Starlight and Exo-Politics, with little indication that Citizen Erased, Take A Bow, New Born or MOTP are just around the corner.

U wot, Hyper Music is one of my favourite songs on OOS

Edited by 010101

New info dump:

- Acoustic SH to be released soon

- Pressure is the intended next single but might be another non-single release before it that’s ‘Map’-ish electronic/synth rock (yes I’m foaming at the mouth too)

- Pressure is in at least some part about the pressure of being an artist

- 7 string returns

- ‘Plenty’ of rock in general

- The Dark Side is angsty

- Deluxe edition alt. recordings include piano versions

- US By Request still firmly on the cards, upper East coast I think

- Matt plays Star Trek: Bridge Crew

I know we’re sick of sequels/comparisons but if that Map comment doesn’t get you fired up idk what to say.

Edit: so currently, here’s a rough map of 8 out of 11 tracks so far:

Dig Down

Thought Contagion

Unknown Map 2 - electronic rock

Pressure - hard/alt. rock

The Dark Side - angsty, alt. rock

Algorithm - classical piano + synths

Something Human

Blockade - heavy, New Born 3

Only 3 totally unknown quantities left

Edited by Jobby

New info dump:

- Pressure is the intended next single but might be another non-single release before it that’s ‘Map’-ish electronic/synth rock (yes I’m foaming at the mouth too)

- 7 string returns

I know we’re sick of sequels/comparisons but if that Map comment doesn’t get you fired up idk what to say.

Dig Down

Thought Contagion

Something Human

The hype is officially real. :facemelt:

New info dump:

- 7 string returns

Dig Down

Thought Contagion

Something Human

* Gulps and begins to sweat profusely *

Oh, fuck me. Who cares if I'm not feeling one miserable song? This is hyping me too much, it's like reading a description of a sort of BHAR n.2. Maybe even better.

Why. I mean every single comparison aside from maybe The Handler has come up short.

Also: The Dark side is going to be cheese angst cause if you have to name it something so completely lacking in nuance you are compensating for something.

But hell. Who am I kidding. Take my money now Muse.

:'(

I could describe The 2nd Law in the same way, before anyone gets too ahead of themselves.

A sort of BHAR 2? Uhm, yeah, I may see where you're coming from. It certainly continues some of the "sound explorations" made on that album and take them to the extremes. Mainly in terms of cheese, but I think it's very good cheese after all. :chuckle:

I could describe The 2nd Law in the same way, before anyone gets too ahead of themselves.

but that’s the funnnn

(but yes this does happen with every album :chuckle: apart from Aftermath, we knew that was dross from the beginning)

but that’s the funnnn

(but yes this does happen with every album :chuckle: apart from Aftermath, we knew that was dross from the beginning)

To be fair with Drones we figured out pretty much everything before. I think only Revolt was a surprise

Tbh I don’t really see/hear BH&R 2. Seems v rooted in being accessible, whether it’s pop or rock, no sniff of any prog and iirc Matt confirmed that was the case in that Zane Lowe interview a few months ago. I feel more links to T2L if we have to connect any dots, in fact I think Matt might’ve directly compared it to that in the same interview.

Tbh I don’t really see/hear BH&R 2. Seems v rooted in being accessible, whether it’s pop or rock, no sniff of any prog and iirc Matt confirmed that was the case in that Zane Lowe interview a few months ago. I feel more links to T2L if we have to connect any dots, in fact I think Matt might’ve directly compared it to that in the same interview.

Yeah I'm definitely hearing a T2L comparison in the info so far. I'm not gonna say that's a good thing, but after Drones, I actually welcome taking another crack at that sort of idea.

Just leave out Follow Me and Usustainable this time.