I think it’s safe to assume it’s NOT Algorithm which is the WRONG decision

:mad:

Nah, it would be better to release the weakest songs to let the others shine like they would deserve. I'm saying that because I think Algorithm will probably be one if the best songs on LP8.

They also said The Dark Side is their favourite from the whole bunch at the moment, though... So, it could be a The Handler II in terms of quality. :D

Or one of the many songs that they haven’t even told us about.

You could be right, too. It even might be the song they've recorded just a month ago, with tribal percussions and such.

Although I wouldn't deem what we see in that video loop very fitting to a track like that.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I'm willing to bet the next song will be one not previously discussed in the interviews for Dig Down or Thought Contagion. Just because.

Not as often as explicitly as this time around.

I see, but I don't recall reading anything suggesting it.

Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places, I dunno.

Not to derail the conversation but, in terms of musical style, what direction does everyone want them to take? In my experience "back-to-basics" albums tend to lack the spark of the older material, hence I think Drones might be the best we can hope for. I would personally like a more lo-fi/glammy album. Muse with a Bowie/T. Rex vibe. I think a Josh Homme or Dan Auerbach produced album could be cool.

It's not gonna happen any time soon, but I want an album were Muse focus more on capturing a feeling rather than a sound. I'd love for them to work on something in the same vein as these riffs/jams

It's not gonna happen any time soon, but I want an album were Muse focus more on capturing a feeling rather than a sound.

That's actually a really good point. I think a lot of their lesser songs would be a lot better if they did it out of conviction rather than just experimentation. Dead Inside and Dig Down both lean towards electronic but DI works because Matt seemed invested emotionally in the song whereas DD seemed like he wanted to just wanted to see what electronic + gospel sounded like.

Yep. Basically why I can't connect with most of what Muse have done for the past 3 albums. It feels like "let's try this genre now!" (Well Drones is different, there it's more like "let's take this song and make it about Drones")

I get back to that point at least once a year though so...sorry.

IG: Recording with the UCLA Bruin marching band.

Muse with a marching band, guys. A f**king marching band.

Stars & Stripes jazz/trap cover confirmed.

It might be a short musical piece like Interlude or Prelude that leads into a proper song. That's the initial thought in my mind for some reason, but I doubt it mostly.

It's not gonna happen any time soon, but I want an album were Muse focus more on capturing a feeling rather than a sound. I'd love for them to work on something in the same vein as these riffs/jams

How annoying it is that these live jams are better than their latest few songs.

IG: Recording with the UCLA Bruin marching band.

Muse with a marching band, guys. A f**king marching band.

Stars & Stripes jazz/trap cover confirmed.

That cap :stunned:.

Also, a marching band? Aww no :'(. Cheese guaranteed.