I really don't get what you guys are on about with Foals. Sound good live, the guy can sing and they can play their instruments, but what does that matter if their music is boring? I'd be fine sitting through their set but I certainly wouldn't make my way to that side of the festival if they were headlining a stage that night.

Foals are amazing! Especially live.

Watching the Glasgo broadcast now, sounds massive. Think it actually sounds better (OK within reason) on the broadcast without all those dynamics they try to add in live (ie lowering volume during the verses before whacking it up in chorus). Found it really distracting when I saw them live but just sounds a lot more natural on here

They were by far the most boring (not worst) band at Rock im Park 3 weeks ago. It all sounded amazing to me but didn't get anyone going, only Inhaler and that's because Yannis had to hype everyone for like 3 minutes before it. I saw similar reaction to them at Glastonbury too

You can get download managers where you copy and paste the URLs and it does pretty much everything but I've never been a fan of "RapidShare piracy". To be honest I didn't even know that scene still existed (used to do it a ton back in 04/05). Would much rather just torrent since you don't have to deal with download limitations and all that nonsense.

I'm from the old school of physically traded bootlegs. :chuckle:

I got as far as irc downloading, and I can mostly manage torrents now (although had to recover to a new HDD, and now can't get anything to seed :facepalm: ) but I haven't even been interested in enough music to make it something I do much of. :(

Just watched the glastonbury performance. What a perfect fitting stage set-up! Nice riffage-time after SS and MotP:D

Madness and IS are really boring and yeah, the 2010 crowd was miles better. I don't know how much impact the political vote had on that... Is that on a fridaynight in front of the pyramidstage such a thing?:$

I thought IS was great.

I only watched on the stream, but I did wonder what the point of it was in the set to be honest. I didn't really help that I couldn't see what was supposedly being 'performed' except for Dom hitting a few bits of percussion and then adjusting his earpieces, and how much was being played over the speakers anyway. Seemed like a bit of a band toilet break otherwise unfortunately. Shame as I love the song, just not sure what it's supposed to be doing in the live set at the moment. Conversely, I don't care at all for Drones (the song), but it worked really well with the visuals to close out The Globalist at the end of the main set.

Can't agree more with IS; I think we thought it was to hook up the Handler sensors, but since it isn't, I don't know why they felt that much playback/downtime from a previous album would be a good idea.

There's already Drill, JFK, and Drones from the current album to get through (although Drones was fabulous after TG.)

The visuals for IG were pretty, but since the setlist and visuals don't tell a story anyhow, they don't serve enough purpose for the massive dead spot in the gig.

Aw, Yannis. I'm sure you'll have the same level of success one day. (Envious much?)

Or he just doesn't like their music? :chuckle:

I've never understood why some people point to jealousy/envy when one artist doesn't like another.

Or he just doesn't like their music? :chuckle:

I've never understood why some people point to jealousy/envy when one artist doesn't like another.

Agreed. I just watched the video and didn't get any feeling that they hate on Muse or Coldplay for their success. Just that they didn't know them too well. I mean they like Adele even though she's more famous than the other two :LOL:

Okay watching Glasto 16 and totally get why people were complaining about the lack of energy watching the stream. I think that the mix is simply really bad. Two songs in and aside from not hearing a word of the vocals, the entire thing sounds like it's being recorded inside a small studio.

Can't agree more with IS; I think we thought it was to hook up the Handler sensors, but since it isn't, I don't know why they felt that much playback/downtime from a previous album would be a good idea.

There's already Drill, JFK, and Drones from the current album to get through (although Drones was fabulous after TG.)

The visuals for IG were pretty, but since the setlist and visuals don't tell a story anyhow, they don't serve enough purpose for the massive dead spot in the gig.

The "sensors" are just Xbox Kinect cameras so I expect all they have to do is switch a video source.

I don't know why they feel the need to cover that up, really. It's hardly a big deal, and it sounds better with it in.

Also, if they're really trying to play make believe, don't have Dom stop fake singing half way through. :chuckle:

And yeah, the mix was bad, but that seemed like a common theme in person, too, so I let it slide.

I went long stretches at my first gig where I couldn't hear Matt or his guitar at all; that's pretty damn bad when you're actually at a gig.

The "sensors" are just Xbox Kinect cameras so I expect all they have to do is switch a video source.

Yeah, I saw the Kinects all over.

I'd read that they were getting sensors attached but that clearly wasn't it, and I'd noticed those little white balls on the costumes, but in person I noticed they were there from the beginning. Maybe Matt has a tiny bladder.

Didn't they say the spotlights motion tracked, too?

The weird split-second audio glitch that appeared at least once a song in Muse's set was there in all the other Pyramid Stage sets I've seen. So maybe its just a case of an issue there.

Obviously not Dom singing in The Globalist, like some have said. It's literally the studio recording.

I'm curious as to why bother then.

I'm curious as to why bother then.

Well Morgan is often seen singing even though nothing can be heard. Either they're pretending, or they are simply filling out the sound, which is pointless since the studio recording is already playing in this case.

Meh.