Why?
Because he has a history of not being understood, not being able to articulate himself, and even to offend people whenever he brings up hot topics. He's not the smartest man when he's on stage in front of thousands of people, and he does best by sticking to the music.

Because he has a history of not being understood, not being able to articulate himself, and even to offend people whenever he brings up hot topics. He's not the smartest man when he's on stage in front of thousands of people, and he does best by sticking to the music.

Yeah good point I guess.

Neil McCormick's thing seemed to indicate his view went further than simply Brexit, and not least given Matt has said he supported Scottish independence. If the idea is a city state theory, then that might indicate the idea of abolishing nations and returning to city states. Though the cynical "its all a sham" article might be closer to the actual opinion.

Still, its probably just another theory that looks good but is actually impractical. So is it really worth reading a lot into?

Its not like its exactly speculation; it came out of his own mouth and was published/broadcast at least twice.

I didnt think it was shocking since his views on centralized govt have come up frequently in the past.

Its just bad timing, I guess, with how the campaign went down.

Thats why I thought it was weird people wanted him to say something at Glasto.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Yeah, I saw the Kinects all over.

I'd read that they were getting sensors attached but that clearly wasn't it, and I'd noticed those little white balls on the costumes, but in person I noticed they were there from the beginning. Maybe Matt has a tiny bladder.

Didn't they say the spotlights motion tracked, too?

Two different systems entirely.

The white balls on their costumes are the beacons for the black trax system, it allows normal rigged lighting fixtures to act as spot lights, eliminates the needs for actual follow spot operators being hoisted up.

They were also used for the "Seeker" HFO drones tracking in the Arena shows as they were completely automated.

The kinetics were used for several songs during the Arena tour, UD, Globalist, Handler, I'm probably missing something. It's just an input for live visual generation & tracking.

On topic...The setlist seemed decent enough, I don't think the performance was bad, I just don't think they are the same band that people keep thinking of 10-15 years ago, they are in their 30's after all. In terms of the BBC stream, I've seen them enough times to know their live sound, the mixing was awful.

Well, I hadn't gone into it with particularly high hopes, but Friday's gig topped off one of the most fucked up and fucking insane says I've ever had. Muse really pulled it out of the bag I felt, and totally blew me away. Not something I'd ever expect to be saying after my twelfth gig.

I'm sure on the broadcast the band might have looked a little like they were going through the motions, and the crowd wasn't bouncing in the same way it was in 2010, but considering the mood and conditions on site (the mud this year is the thickest I've ever seen, soooo draining) the crowd was incredible in the front pit. The sound was the best I heard all weekend, the setlist delivered everything it needed to - seeing Stockholm on that stage has been a dream for ten years now.

Up there with LCD for gig of the weekend.

Now I need to shower and sleep. :twitchy:

100% agree with this, ten times better than the 360 gig I saw at the O2.

Band were really up for it and sounded massive, (I've watched the stream and it didn't really come across on there) especially Map, Hysteria, Stockholm and The Handler.

I expected The Globablist to bomb, but a casual fan next to me said the song was his highlight.

Like the arena tour the gig suffered from filler like Isolated System, but the stage set was probably as good as RnL 2011.

I only watched on the stream, but I did wonder what the point of it was in the set to be honest. I didn't really help that I couldn't see what was supposedly being 'performed' except for Dom hitting a few bits of percussion and then adjusting his earpieces, and how much was being played over the speakers anyway. Seemed like a bit of a band toilet break otherwise unfortunately. Shame as I love the song, just not sure what it's supposed to be doing in the live set at the moment. Conversely, I don't care at all for Drones (the song), but it worked really well with the visuals to close out The Globalist at the end of the main set.

I think it maybe could've been a bit more interesting if Matt has played around with the kaoss a bit like he did on T2L tour before it went into Uprising. Always liked the kaoss bit in IS