You know, I agree with that... but then again looking at the size of the crowd that's there, you'd have to be somewhat dedicated to be close to the stage, I guess was my thought there.

Also, there was an obvious decline in crowd interaction at the London Drones Tour, and although I attribute that to the stage, a lot of reviews also said the "hits" were getting amazing responses.

It's going to happen; the hardcores and older fans always move on.

He is getting more incomprehensible with age, I see.

that was so random

hayadoinout there

DEAD INSIDE

NEVER CHANGE, dorkward bellz <3

Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs

Is that really the best that you've got? Not even sure if that first paragraph is your opinion or your imitation of the board. How are low energy levels not a fair complaint? And once again, people here loves the second law tour, DURING the tour. So your argument about nostalgia is based on literally nothing but speculation on your part. And anyway, I can say "remember when Muse played B&H, RBS, SS, Bliss, Sunburn and MM in one show?" Because I honestly believe those were better songs. If I'm gonna be nostalgic about this tour, it will be because the next one will be worse. I love The Handler and Reapers, so I don't see why I wouldn't miss them being played in the same show. That still doesn't mean it's better than what I think of it now. It just means things are getting worse and worse (given that your hypothetical actually will happen)

I'm not trying to convince anyone. A lot of people has been looking for negative things the whole tour starting with the festival streamings last year where Matt wasn't on shape. Some are deserved some are not imo.

Today's show was great, Muse are still great. They were better in 2013? I agree.

He's the same guy that claims that the tour only sucked in the US because of the crowd.

So, now that people are saying Glasto sucked, everyone MUST be wrong.

When, in reality, the band's energy levels were really a lot lower this entire tour than T2L, whether or not that's a problem for people personally.

I mean, it's on video, and it's factual.

Yes, it was worse some nights (like Philly) but some US gigs (like DC) were actually more high energy than some European ones. It was super random, and probably tied to the band not getting sleep, etc., more than the crowds. They're older; and Matt seems to be staying up until 3am more and more, drinking.

The only real differences were the setlists, which were pretty universally shit in the US (but not Canada, for some reason.)

For me, I wouldn't have minded what I got in Philly so much if it had been this Glasto stage. The center stage made the calmer demeanor of the band a lot more obvious, and the entire performance much less engaging as a whole, especially when their backs were to you.

I felt more engaged and excited watching a choppy Glasto stream than I did in person on the 360.

If we want to correlate this to the setlists... I fucking LOVE Drones (album.) I would rather see those songs than RBS, MM, B&R, (maybe not Bliss...) but the stage and weird energy/vibe of the gig took away from that experience, imo, and made me a lot more depressed about the tour than I thought I'd be, in part because I'll never have the chance to see those songs again.

Is just so funny you keep bitching about that Philadelphia show in 9 out of 10 post you make on this forum, guess what, it was no different from most US shows.

shocking

that was so random

hayadoinout there

DEAD INSIDE

NEVER CHANGE, dorkward bellz <3

Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs

We've been having that conversation since and during the gig, bf and I; I agree it's almost unbelievable, but he does seem like he's just so fucking awkward. :chuckle:

I truly believe he doesn't say anything because he's incapable of not fucking it up.

I'm not trying to convince anyone. A lot of people has been looking for negative things the whole tour starting with the festival streamings last year where Matt wasn't on shape. Some are deserved some are not imo.

Today's show was great, Muse are still great. They were better in 2013? I agree.

We didn't have to look very hard since Matt was obviously out of breath and missing vocal cues, and shortly after gave an interview saying he doesn't work out, uses the early tour to get in shape, and mimed gasping for air.

So basically you have an opinion, just like the rest of us, and not everyone feels the same way.

Shocking.

Is just so funny you keep bitching about that Philadelphia show in 9 out of 10 post you make on this forum, guess what, it was no different from most US shows.

shocking

Except... it was. Remember, I saw two of them back to back.

Philly didn't suck because of the setlist, it sucked because Matt looked like he was hung over, or falling asleep.

DC he was all feisty, even way more so than this Glasto performance. At one point he was running back and forth and jumping up the ramps while smiling!

This sort of thing also seem to correlate to if he was willing to play a song like CE, as well.

You can find all sorts of people in the gigs forums who had similar experience, in the US *AND* in Europe. Yes! There are quite a few people - on this board! - who said the band looked tired, pissed off, like they wanted to get off the stage at gigs In Europe!

The band was simply inconsistent this tour.

yeah see I can't get behind that. I'm bored of the old hits, not the new songs.

Same. I really went with the intention of hearing the new songs. They ended up being my favorites from the concert. Disappointing that some were just not played, including one of my favorites.

T2L tour they basically played everything good from that album in one go, mainly since I was lucky to catch Animals.

Same. I really went with the intention of hearing the new songs. They ended up being my favorites from the concert. Disappointing that some were just not played, including one of my favorites.

T2L tour they basically played everything good from that album in one go, mainly since I was lucky to catch Animals.

I didn't even realize Animals was that rare, as I saw it both times.

I still don't see why they couldn't have played both Reapers and Revolt. :(

Seems like everyone got the one they didn't want.

I really don't know why i even try to discuss anything with you given you always have the truth about everything :LOL:

whatever man

Am I wrong? You're the one coming with claims that you won't change. You're the one complaining about how people will find negative sides to everything, I dispute it with facts and examples. You also only seem to come here to complain about people being negative. Maybe you should try sharing some positivity?

You're the one claiming to have the truth about what other people are thinking, not me.

Edit: oh and you're literally trying to say what people will be like the next tour. Maybe it's time you evaluate your own behaviour. All I'm saying is that people aren't always negative, and that if they are, they probably have a reason. You're saying people are negative no matter what. You tell me, who's the one trying to claim truths?

Edited by Tjet

All I know is, I got my VPN working finally, drank a $90 bottle of wine watching Glasto, and had a blast.

Fucking impressed as hell with the stage, and vindicated that I was right that all the 360 stuff could be done (better) on a traditional stage. :phu:

And gutted I didn't get to see something like that.

And a little angry that Bellamy bullshitted us about coming back to the US. Twice.

A lot of people has been looking for negative things the whole tour starting with the festival streamings last year where Matt wasn't on shape.
People were already bitching about Uprising's lyrics before the gig even started. Always looking for whatever negative thing to say Muse were great in 2001 and now they are shit.

Next tour people will be like "remember when they played Psycho,Reapers and The Handler at the same show? damn what happened to Muse" :LOL:

no claims? k

Just watched a couple of snippets:

- Matt sounded pretty good on the The Handler falesetto's compared to some other gigs pas tour!

- Maggie's Farm riff sounds fucking massive now! God I wish I'll see MotP live once...

- Stockholm Syndrome should be a staple forever. Best live song they have, hands down.

- TG is fucking amazing. Great to see a pro shot of it! I hope they keep playing it at the other festivals!

- IS and JFK (especially followed by Interlude) are so. fucking. unnecessary.

- I like how the camera's didn't follow Matt during the Uprising intro. No pro shot footage of "the thing" :LOL:

- Gig all in all seemed pretty good! Matt sounded fine compared to how he sounded during some other gigs the past months. Couldn't care less for Starlight, SMBH, Madness, Uprising and MWAH+Knights as a closer though. They're beyond stale nowadays, but I get why they'll keep playing them of course.

I would be VERY content if Lowlands Festival gets the same setlist in august! It'll probably be a lot shorter though...

I think The Handler ending went through a really rough phase when the European tour started, I remember France being really bad, and then got better again; I'd just stopped watching by then, and think a lot of us had.

He struggles with a little falsetto here and there, and it's not the T2L tour level, but all in all, it doesn't appear to be as bad as I thought it was.

Has he been doing the wa-wa-wa bit instead of holding the notes in SS the whole tour, though?

Do we have confirmation that he fondled himself at Glasto? :chuckle:

I think The Handler ending went through a really rough phase when the European tour started, I remember France being really bad, and then got better again; I'd just stopped watching by then, and think a lot of us had.

He struggles with a little falsetto here and there, and it's not the T2L tour level, but all in all, it doesn't appear to be as bad as I thought it was.

Has he been doing the wa-wa-wa bit instead of holding the notes in SS the whole tour, though?

Do we have confirmation that he fondled himself at Glasto? :chuckle:

You mean stuff like "let your hatred growowowowowowow"? He's been doing that for years now I believe. Did it at Glasto 2010 as well.