Bloody glad I double-checked with Glen about Black Holes being played instead of gambling £300+ :LOL:

Foals were fucking incredible. Far better than Muse imo.

^^^

Heard the hype about them live for a while now but was a bit underwhelmed when I saw them at Leeds Fest a couple of years ago. They sounded massive today though and their energy, passion and connection with the crowd far outweighed Muse's imo.

I still don't know what to say after the totally guitarless Starlight (are they f**king serious?!) and that middle section overall...

It has been good, I guess. They've compensated that dreadful section with Hysteria and the rest.

I think it's been quite depressing for a band of their league, though, because with Starlight and Madness they've incredibly managed to wreck the whole gig mood...

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

This. I'm not normally one to say this as I'm always in here bitching, but it's a festival. Just enjoy it for what it is

I thought they were great, but compared to previous Glasto performances it was missing the same spark they've been missing everywhere else lately. I'm sure everyone who was there enjoyed it though.

I still don't know what to say after the totally guitarless Starlight (are they f**king serious?!) and that middle section overall...

It has been good, I guess. They've compensated that dreadful section with Hysteria and the rest.

That's quite depressing for a band of their league, though...

They should have done Psycho into Map and stuck Reapers in the middle somewhere. Would've made that middle section much more bearable.

Nah, it's just the usual hating on the forum.

It's hating to say that I thought all that filler (Isolated System, Drones, Voodoo Child, Munich Jam, JFK, Interlude) and The Globalist were odd choices for a casual festival crowd? :chuckle:

I'm really not bothered, I was just saying it wasn't what I would've done.

Nah, it's just the usual hating on the forum.
indeed... and I get it, I've seen a lot of lacklustre performances on video lately, but that one was pretty cool imo. Still a bit too predictable, but if you imagine seeing that as a casual fan... well, spotty dog tbh. Great festival performance. And it's trending worldwide on twitter so

It's hating to say that I thought all that filler (Isolated System, Drones, Voodoo Child, Munich Jam, JFK, Interlude) and The Globalist were odd choices for a casual festival crowd? :chuckle:

I'm really not bothered, I was just saying it wasn't what I would've done.

Yeah, IS, JFK and Voodoo Child was odd. I was also expecting Prelude. I would've agreed with The Globalist but that was the best song so I'm not going to object.

Crowd was turned down though. Maybe it was better in person, although I do agree it looked better in 2010.

Unless they write some amazing songs between now and then I don't think that's possible.

At least I'd know what I'm getting into with Coldplay, I wasn't expecting the same kind of incoherence we see at Muse's own gigs.

People can praise Muse all they want for being so versatile, but it's truly baffling to see some of that material such as Starlight/Madness in the presence of other material such as The Globalist and Reapers and Stockholm.