You mean stuff like "let your hatred growowowowowowow"? He's been doing that for years now I believe. Did it at Glasto 2010 as well.

Yeah.

I don't recall it from when I last saw it in '13, so it took me by surprise a bit. I know he's been doing it in KoC and The Handler, but don't remember hearing it in SS.

Still one of their best live songs.

JFK + Interlude was silly. It only means the combo JFK + We Are The Universe + Interlude + Man With the Harmonica + Neutron Star Collision is going to happen SOON.

Saying that, The Globalist is probably my favourite track of their 3 shows headlining Glasto.

I still think half of what he says is an inside joke we aren't in on, or sarcastic references to stuff only people who religiously listen to everything they say would have a chance of getting...

Me too, i still think sometimes he is bored in interviews and make up things and references to himself and his friends.

And yeah, best intro of the tour.

This stage was superb. When the leds were fully orange and then blue in the middle of the show and only their silhouettes were visible i thought in the final fights of Highlander and Kill Bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hv70G4va34

Seriously, the combination of the lights, the pyro, the gorgeous visuals, the brilliant "Drones" outro and of course The Globalist itself is simply beautiful. ...I know i'm fangirling and i don't care.

Cheers for that. I'd have had to wake up at 5am here to watch it live, and I was just too tired.

The Reapers visuals remind me a lot of Wheatley from Portal 2. :LOL:

Edit - Just got to The Globalist. Bloody hell, what a day to be singing that outro. :(

Edited by Bs

As crappy as I feel about Drill Sgt in general, especially as an opener, that reveal of the band was phenomenal.

And Drones feels so much better at the end of Globalist when you haven't already heard it. They should have used some other intro music with the orbs on the main tour.

Yeah that reveal was genuinely my favourite since We Are the Universe on the towers.

The Globalist actually looked and sounded massive last night.

It was all a bit Muse by numbers otherwise though. A Bowie cover would have been mega.

Agreed, Globalist sounded mega.

Think a Bowie tribute might've just had people rolling their eyes and calling them bandwagoners though.

One thing I did REALLY like was the new production. Muse generally have great festival productions actually, the Resistance Tour hexagons looked great too.

And let's not forget the one off festival productions - V 2008 with the Wembley Stadium left overs and the OoS stage for Reading.

As crappy as I feel about Drill Sgt in general, especially as an opener, that reveal of the band was phenomenal.

And Drones feels so much better at the end of Globalist when you haven't already heard it. They should have used some other intro music with the orbs on the main tour.

As intro music for the tour i would have used Exogensis 1 with the drones going into Psycho/ Reapers. I think it would have worked really well.

Turns out MB is down after all... Any links to a downloadable version of last night?
Well you could always download the YouTube version if it's still up. But I haven't been able to watch it so I'm not sure what the quality is like.