I think they simply don't anything to be seen as miming or playback, so they have Dom pretend to sing it because it won't be obvious to a lot of people.

Didn't someone once say some of Morgan's gear isn't even plugged in? :chuckle:

Of course, there's a ton of actual playback tracks... so it confuses me a bit.

I remember seeing Rome and Matt playing during IS when no one could see him and thinking "why bother?" So the answer is likely they just do confusing shit.

Yeah, I saw the Kinects all over.

I'd read that they were getting sensors attached but that clearly wasn't it, and I'd noticed those little white balls on the costumes, but in person I noticed they were there from the beginning. Maybe Matt has a tiny bladder.

Didn't they say the spotlights motion tracked, too?

Having had a kinect I wouldn't expect them to need to wear sensors for it but I wouldn't rule it out. Yeah for the arena tours I think the lighting worked on wearable sensors.

It does seem like strange theatre.

Speaking of Dom, what is the electronic percussion device he now uses on IS and Madness? Or is this more of a question to ask Kit n Tab?

Pretty sure Doms mic is a talk mic as well so it's doubly weird because no sound comes out of it haha.

He's using an Octapad from Roland.

Just got round to watching in HD. Positive but slightly mixed feelings. The performances of the songs themselves were pretty good. The Globalist was amazing, but otherwise the highlights of the set were really no different to those of the 2010 gig, with all the old favourites pulling the strings (as usual, SS was wonderful). Having IS, JFK, Interlude, Drones and Munich Jam in there was a big mistake.

I never felt it was an exceptional performance in the way that Reading 2011 or Download 2015 was - if you don't understand what I mean by that, watch this performance:

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a61VQ22ctFc[/YT]

which was much better than anything on Friday.

Edited by frozenbanana

The Globalist.

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty spot on song for the day really.

Not to mention Sigur Rós

How's the live show as a three-piece? Both times I've seen them, the stage has been packed with about 11 people and instruments all over the place. I can't imagine the songs working anywhere as well in a reduced form. They pulled it off with four because Kjartan was still there, but I'm assuming there must be loads of stuff missing with three.

The Globalist.

I dunno, they would have played it anyway regardless of the situation.

Could anyone not fuck up talking about a nation splitting topic not even 24 hours after the final decision?

PJ Harvey definitely nailed it.

How's the live show as a three-piece? Both times I've seen them, the stage has been packed with about 11 people and instruments all over the place. I can't imagine the songs working anywhere as well in a reduced form. They pulled it off with four because Kjartan was still there, but I'm assuming there must be loads of stuff missing with three.

It's way better now than when I saw them in 2013 (with all the backing band). The songs are heavier and have more of a rock feel. Popplagid is absolutely insane now, some straight-up GY!BE epicness. I too wasn't sure how they could pull it off just the three of them.

Plus that stage/production is just incredible.

It's way better now than when I saw them in 2013 (with all the backing band). The songs are heavier and have more of a rock feel. Popplagid is absolutely insane now, some straight-up GY!BE epicness. I too wasn't sure how they could pull it off just the three of them.

Plus that stage/production is just incredible.

Awesome. That must be pretty insane in that case. Is there a proper video around anywhere? I'm sure they said it would be streaming for people in the UK, but I haven't been able to find anything otherwise as I'm not there anymore. The Muse set was up on YouTube, so I watched that there, but I haven't checked back for Sigur Ros stuff since then.

Awesome. That must be pretty insane in that case. Is there a proper video around anywhere? I'm sure they said it would be streaming for people in the UK, but I haven't been able to find anything otherwise as I'm not there anymore. The Muse set was up on YouTube, so I watched that there, but I haven't checked back for Sigur Ros stuff since then.

This doesn't manage to capture the energy as much as it could, but it still shows enough! Not pro-shot, mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1qUxwd6O7M

iirc there's also a pro video of Vaka from Glasto, on the BBC site.

Not to mention Sigur Rós, LCD and PJ Harvey.

Never got into LCD and watched about 20 minutes and still don't like it. PJ Harvey was meeeh, probably because she played almost whole new album which I find mediocre. Sigur Ros destroyed everyone tho

Well, I hadn't gone into it with particularly high hopes, but Friday's gig topped off one of the most fucked up and fucking insane says I've ever had. Muse really pulled it out of the bag I felt, and totally blew me away. Not something I'd ever expect to be saying after my twelfth gig.

I'm sure on the broadcast the band might have looked a little like they were going through the motions, and the crowd wasn't bouncing in the same way it was in 2010, but considering the mood and conditions on site (the mud this year is the thickest I've ever seen, soooo draining) the crowd was incredible in the front pit. The sound was the best I heard all weekend, the setlist delivered everything it needed to - seeing Stockholm on that stage has been a dream for ten years now.

Up there with LCD for gig of the weekend.

Now I need to shower and sleep. :twitchy: