When "Matt doesn't want to play it" becomes a literal punchline while speaking to fans, you know you fucked up.

Did that come up again recently?

Despite being pretty certain the answer was "because America" I did start to wonder if Reapers didn't have a rocky start there because Matt struggles with it, in addition to it getting a rather lackluster (to the band's opinion) response (ie: the same response all the Drones songs but Psycho get, and that's just because that's the first song...)

The waffling back and forth with the vocal distortion made me think he realizes the falsetto chorus isn't coming across that well.

Meh, not my least favourite Muse gig.

Stage was great, particularly during Supermassive, TIRO and Mercy, one of my fave Muse productions I've seen and miles better than the World Tour one

Jimmy fucking Jam :awesome: never thought I'd see you, you sexy devil

Map reinforced why it'll always be my #1 <3

Crowd was surprisingly great, think even Matt was pleasantly surprised 'cause he got really into it until near the end when the usual auto-pilot comes in

Overall, I'd give it 6.5 salty confettis out of ten.

Nup. Plays it in standard and just puts the Drop Tune side of the Whammy on for the big riff part. Can see him playing the A string in a number of videos

Hmmm interesting. Seems to have done it both ways now then... Have definitely seen videos of him playing it on the A string.

Stage was great, particularly during Supermassive, TIRO and Mercy, one of my fave Muse productions I've seen and miles better than the World Tour one

Crowd was surprisingly great, think even Matt was pleasantly surprised 'cause he got really into it until near the end when the usual auto-pilot comes in

Agree - the stage set up really was great, the visuals were brilliant and it is so much better than the 360 stage.

Not a great setlist, was a bit annoyed to lose Reapers and SS from the Glastonbury set but I did go expecting it to be a less heavy set. It was a good atmosphere too and the acoustics sounded surprisingly great. The Globalist was absolutely huge, highlight of the night definitely!

Any videos of Jimmy jam?

I was never really in the loop of what the band had set about any kind of set, I was just hoping that some kind of small club suprise gig would pop up on or around the anniversary lol. Doms cool, I bet he'd be about it lol, he seems to be down for anything is the impression I get

tbf, Dom doesn't have to worry about singing any of those songs. :LOL:

BH&R doesn't seem that bad, though, but I still doubt Matt could get Glorious right.

I fully understand why he doesn't want to do Showbiz, though; I really think the song would suffer without that ending... since that's what the whole song is building up to.

SS has been somewhat rare this tour anyhow, but it still is surprising to see Reapers dropped, especially at a French gig.

tbf, Dom doesn't have to worry about singing any of those songs. :LOL:

BH&R doesn't seem that bad, though, but I still doubt Matt could get Glorious right.

I fully understand why he doesn't want to do Showbiz, though; I really think the song would suffer without that ending... since that's what the whole song is building up to.

SS has been somewhat rare this tour anyhow, but it still is surprising to see Reapers dropped, especially at a French gig.

About the BH&R thing, if it's based on that tweet from someone who met Muse, that was just a typo and meant to be B&H.

And Showbiz could definitely be sung with the ending note lowered to F#5, or the whole song lowered half a step. The ending IS in the key of F#, so ending with that note would only make it sound more pleasant.

About the BH&R thing, if it's based on that tweet from someone who met Muse, that was just a typo and meant to be B&H.

And Showbiz could definitely be sung with the ending note lowered to F#5, or the whole song lowered half a step. The ending IS in the key of F#, so ending with that note would only make it sound more pleasant.

It wasn't the Tweet that it originated from. At least the entire idea of the anniversary gig (which I think was allegedly Glasto.)

Some fans met the band way back on the US tour, were told Glasto would be "something special" and another person speculated about BH&R, iirc.

ADL knew more about it (and possibly started the rumor accidentally.)

Maybe Showbiz would sound good; I guess I've never really tried to work it out.

Revolt lowered has made me paranoid. :chuckle: Surprising how much it seemed to kill the vibe of that song.

Anyways, didn't Matt say he didn't want to play Showbiz anymore even way back when he could hit the notes?

It wasn't the Tweet that it originated from. At least the entire idea of the anniversary gig (which I think was allegedly Glasto.)

Some fans met the band way back on the US tour, were told Glasto would be "something special" and another person speculated about BH&R, iirc.

ADL knew more about it (and possibly started the rumor accidentally.)

Maybe Showbiz would sound good; I guess I've never really tried to work it out.

Revolt lowered has made me paranoid. :chuckle: Surprising how much it seemed to kill the vibe of that song.

Anyways, didn't Matt say he didn't want to play Showbiz anymore even way back when he could hit the notes?

Well then it's based on nothing :LOL:

Not sure I've heard any mentions of Showbiz before this tour, unless it was before 2009.