I've never liked Starlight OR Madness. A lot of the singles they've put out since BHaR haven't appealed to me, and unfortunately more and more of their live gigs feel like just "getting through" those songs, hoping they toss in one I really want to see (which became the Impossible Dream in the US on this tour.)

Even my bf, who loves both songs, said he thought they were severely lacking live, and felt "tired out," and he's only seen the band 3 times at that point. Maybe the band knows people are going to love those songs regardless, so it's not important to put a lot of energy into them, I guess.

I still can't reasonably be angry that they play them continuously, because like it or not, most of the crowd goes to see them.

It's what they do with the rest of the time that's the issue; downtime, filler, short sets, poor rotations, etc.

I still can't reasonably be angry that they play them continuously, because like it or not, most of the crowd goes to see them.

It's what they do with the rest of the time that's the issue; downtime, filler, short sets, poor rotations, etc.

This, so much. Dublin and Rock Werchter are my two favourite examples of how they got an absolutely perfect balance. Good live songs all around and enough singles to keep the casuals happy and enough rarities sprinkled evenly around the set to keep the hardcores happy.

This. Although I love the guys so much, I have to give them the award for possibly worst management of setlists and their rotations. And, well, interaction with the crowd... Hell, someone like James Hetfield might be cheesy af with the stuff he says, but the people know that's the way he rolls and like it. A lot of the times, Matt trying to say something feels just awkward. And don't even get me started on the flow of their sets. And ffs, make Chris talk more on gigs, he's such a chill guy at interviews.

The T2L tour was vastly superior for me, even if the Denver date's setlist was a bit meh.

Matt looked very into it, there was a great energy, and the visuals meshed with the performance in such a perfect way. And Matt's vocals were absolutely stunning on that tour.

I was probably happiest in DC, but all I really remember from the gig is being super anxious as the gig went on that we weren't getting CE, CE, and then being happy because of CE.

All the other details, like the performance being "night and day" from Philly, I relied on my boyfriend to fill in.

And there aren't really any good YT vids, either. :erm:

The DC date likely was one of, if not the best, of the US tour, though.

I think they are rellay looking forward to the festivals, and like they said at Top of the mountain, it was great to get out of the arena into the good fresh air...

And I remember Matt or Dom saying in an interview during the Psycho tour I think it was, that they will play more the hits at the Drones tour...which we had now... so as this will be over soon, come on with great sets with some b-sides again, and fan faves :p:D

Speaking of b-sides. I think Dom would play everything :D

Edited by Claudia O.

Is it me or it seems like they are not bringing the 360 stage to Japan and Australia?

Thinking that'll be the case too. They did Drones material w/o 360 in Asia before the 360 tour.

He really mustn't feel comfortable saying "no" to the fans on stuff like that to their faces, and just ends up massively disappointing them instead.

I think that's exactly it with regards to fan requests that end up unfulfilled. It's not malice. It's awkwardness followed by forgetting about it.

Thinking that'll be the case too. They did Drones material w/o 360 in Asia before the 360 tour.

I think that's exactly it with regards to fan requests that end up unfulfilled. It's not malice. It's awkwardness followed by forgetting about it.

Yep... it's easier to just go 'yeah yeah sure fanks you're great' to everybody than give a serious thought-out answer.

Yep... it's easier to just go 'yeah yeah sure fanks you're great' to everybody than give a serious thought-out answer.

He probably gets bombarded with questions and requests, at all sorts of times, and hasn't got the headspace/time for them. Loads of people wanting their little piece.

As much as actually like the new stage, I always liked the simplicity of the one they used on the Asian leg before. Just the lights, big screen and runway for more intimate moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ssnw0DBHF0

I really like the way the screen lights up when the main riff kicks back in, always a great moment, you don't really get that with the small screen at the top of the stage on the 360 tour.

As much as actually like the new stage, I always liked the simplicity of the one they used on the Asian leg before. Just the lights, big screen and runway for more intimate moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ssnw0DBHF0

I really like the way the screen lights up when the main riff kicks back in, always a great moment, you don't really get that with the small screen at the top of the stage on the 360 tour.

And wow that crowd.

God yes!

Wish I hadn't watched now. Given me major Muse withdrawal symptoms.....