Getting a bit antsy over them announcing Australian dates. Not sure whether they're going to play here in September as they've not got anything after August or if they're going to wait til December.. If they do September then they might as well just play a smaller venue because there's no way they'll out on such short notice.

Getting a bit antsy over them announcing Australian dates. Not sure whether they're going to play here in September as they've not got anything after August or if they're going to wait til December.. If they do September then they might as well just play a smaller venue because there's no way they'll out on such short notice.

Yeah because there are no Asian dates for September or anything I'm thinking they will skip us this time. Wouldn't make sense for them to come here in December if they've got nothing after August. I originally thought they were doing festivals July/August to give them time to ship their gear to Australia but no idea now.

I'm sure fans won't care if they bring a normal and cheaper stage.

We're in the vast minority, likely, that would appreciate a stripped down gig.

They draw a ton of their crowd based on the spectacle, so doing gigs with out it is a big risk of disappointment, sadly.

I'm still amazed at the haphazard scheduling and planning of this tour. :noey: And it would be a real shame if Australia was a casualty of that big, stupid stage.

They need to get their shit together if they tour again, and not leave so many of their fans out in favor over the overblown bs.

I'm sure fans won't care if they bring a normal and cheaper stage.

Honestly I'd be fine with a normal stage and them just to have a decent light show etc. As much as I love the spectacle of their shows itd be nice to see them where it's more about the music than the lasers and the theatrics.

Think of it as a reason to save some money instead of spending it on a disappointing show :)

You're really boring sometimes. You don't like Muse? Good for you buddy, now how about you run along and stop posting in MM.

I mean I know that you're right, but even so.

Edited by bumpypotato

Apart from the lack of piano songs, the sets have actually been decent recently. I'd be so much happier if they just played 1 extra piano song, preferably a rotation of Space Dementia/Ruled by Secrecy/Apocalypse Please/USoE, say.

Edited by Hopix

Seriously, I'm still pissed off that the band gave such a piss poor effort in Philly (mostly because I'm still paying for it, tbf, and it prevented me from going to NYC this month...) but not all the gigs have been like that, and it's shitty that Oz is left hanging right now when the band specifically said they'd be playing there.

And they left 'em hanging so long that people didn't get to make a decision about traveling to see them, if it was important to them and they could afford it.

And it's shitty for those who actually want to see the stage show that the band has reached a point where they can only do festivals or festival visuals gigs in areas, or skip huge areas entirely, and they won't relent and scale back so their fans can actually see them. :(

I remember hearing that they were willing to lose money in the US to make sure we had the same experience, and while I've always doubted they really lose money, that's quickly devolved to they would rather the US got the "same experience"... but only on a coast and a half...? :noey:

I dunno, in the end, it's pretty shitty for Australia to figure out they apparently aren't getting the Drones Tour by way of a couple of "last gig!" social media posts.

Some people here are hard to follow. They complain about the stage, that's fair enough, but then complain when said stage is retired.

I mean Muse are most likely going to play in Australia at some point this year, whether or not in the context of the Drones tour is of little relevance. The guys don't like this stage, most of the hardcore fans aren't keen on it either, what's the fuss all about? And why Australia in particular? Japan won't get the stage either, and neither will many other countries. The band doesn't have an obligation to play everywhere, let alone with a particular setting. Maybe they are really fed up with it, maybe they are losing money on it. Genuise disappointment is one thing, but offhand rants are getting a bit redundant.

I'm not a fan of the stage personally. That in no way means I'm incapable of understanding that it's a blow for others to not get to see the tour, because obviously quite a few fans equate Muse with the stage shows in the first place.

A lot of fans didn't get to see them at all. And while maybe I would go back in time and decide not to go, that doesn't mean I should believe others are better off not getting to see it.

I would have been a lot more interested in the stage show, tbh, if the band hadn't been in such a piss poor form for the gig I saw, or if I hadn't paid so damn much to see it.

But, again, from reading reviews just here, it's obvious the band wasn't always like that (although it shocked me to read that a few of the European shows shared the issue.)

And Australia in particular, because since before the tour started, the band has been saying they were going to go there.

I guess I feel like they do sort of have an obligation to play there in particular, because they've been talking about doing do for over a year, and finding out that is just a festival would actually be pretty poor.

At the end of the day, whether the issue is the stage crapped on the performance, the crowd energy, or prevented fans from getting to see the band at all... it's the same issue.

It feels like Muse has crossed a line where the production is being put ahead of being a damn band that plays to their damn fans... and that's the entirety of my dissatisfaction with them.

And I think it's pretty clear the band isn't "fed up" with their massive stage shows... because they're still choosing to do them, even though they have to really compact their gigs together to compensate for them, when the logical thing to do would be to try and make a more reasonable, and economically feasible, stage show.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Just realised that Riga was the first Muse gig (6th total gig) where they didn't play anything I hadn't seen before. I feel like it should have taken longer than that :(

I've seen 8 and all of them have had at least 1 song I hadn't seen before. Although at the Emirates 2013 gig, that song was Blackout with Matt lying down and Chris playing guitar.

shhh that never happened

never

blackout died in 2007 remember

shhhhh

:chuckle:

I don't think it was that bad, but it was nothing like as good as it would've been if done properly.

Better, or worse, than Matt fondling himself during Uprising? :LOL:

Hmmmm... and even more given I got an up-close view of that while wandering around the O2 and ending up by his platform during that tune.

Though I will say both are better than Guiding Light.