they don't even play stockholm syndrome in stockholm ...

It would has been so cliche.

Matt: "We are in Stockholm, and as many as you know one of our songs is called Stockholm Syndrome, so tonight we are going to play Space Dementia, thanks"

Dom: "Cheers"

With the Uprising thing, I think he thinks its a Bono-like earnest rock star pose. That's the only explanation I can think of tbh.

:LOL: GOOD LORD. No need.

I think it's part that, and part that he might actually be uncomfortable and have no idea what the fuck to actually do with himself and his spare hand, so he holds the jacket so it's not just swaying in the breeze like a dead limb. :chuckle:

And we know from every interview ever he's a "self soother" and touches himself a ton when he's nervous or uncomfortable.

The fact that the unzipping of the jacket is choreographed, though (and missing from this video, but you can tell he's done it,) makes me afraid it's meant to be "sexy" and also made me feel really awkward seeing it the second time.

I mean, fine if people are into that sort of thing, but there's something incredibly off (imo) about a scripted moment that's supposed to be "hot." :chuckle: I mean, if that's what it is.

Who was it that came back from a London gig asking why the fuck he had to watch Matt strip tease and rub his nipples, anyways?? Mozza? :chuckle:

Best moment of the tour other than the dildrone falling on Jobby.

I honestly didn't think anything of it in Philly; very early in the gig when the weather balloons were out, he was holding his jacket open and standing under the ones over the stage, obviously fanning himself with them.

So, come the beginning of Uprising and the jacket bit, I just thought "aw, the poor bastard is super hot. (and a little out of shape...)"

He didn't touch himself or anything. He did make the duck face, though. :LOL:

So, come DC, it starts happening again, and I'm now a liiiittle freaked out. :LOL:

It was a little different has he unzipped and stuck his face all the way into his jacket. Which, I mean, I still a bit weird.

You can kind of see it here.

It fucking sucks there's such amazing videos of Philly and not a single one worth while from DC other than CE, which was a vastly superior gig.

I just keep thinking I hope he's got more than one of those jackets. I bet he hasn't, he's such a garbage person.

I'M SO CONFUSED about this. WHY does he not want to play the guitar during a very guitary song.

Who was it that came back from a London gig asking why the fuck he had to watch Matt strip tease and rub his nipples, anyways?? Mozza? :chuckle:

I also want to know about this part but really do not want to google anything about bellamy rubbing his nipples when I'm on someone else's wifi :erm:

I just keep thinking I hope he's got more than one of those jackets. I bet he hasn't, he's such a garbage person.

I'M SO CONFUSED about this. WHY does he not want to play the guitar during a very guitary song.

I also want to know about this part but really do not want to google anything about bellamy rubbing his nipples when I'm on someone else's wifi :erm:

With how much he was sweating, I REALLY hope he's got a couple of those outfits, but I also doubt it. :chuckle:

Wasn't it really made at the last minute, too, after he got shamed about the jumpsuit? It's obviously not that same onesie recut, because the piping is totally different.

I absolutely remember thinking "omg, is he sniffing himself? That HAS to be foul. Boys." :chuckle:

You can see him rub himself in that vid, too, but it was just the collarbone area, iirc.

I do think the nipple deal is part of his collection of hair combing, nose picking, scratching fidgety issues. There's at least a half dozen interview where he's got an open shirt or v neck on, and he does the same thing.

And, like, in the Deezer one, you can see he's been clawing at his neck.

I just don't know why he's undressing himself. :LOL:

He fucked up Uprising somewhere during the festival tour, before the 360, and said something about "I'm sick of playing that part anyways," didn't he? Seemed like an offhand remark he made out of embarrassment, but was apparently true?

It would be fine, because it's such a non-part anyways, but I mean, find something to do with yourself while you're not playing, ffs. Go point at the crowd, or something, don't stand there and fondle yourself with your tongue hanging out. :LOL:

I type all this knowing work can see it. It's fine. It's not nearly the worst thing I've done, in their eyes.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

I am totally understanding of all of that, as a fidgety person myself I have to hide behind a keyboard at all times on stage and press buttons that aren't connected to anything... :chuckle:

but yeah. so weird. 'fuck it mate I think I'm gonna drop the guitar and do something 'sexy' there instead'

'okay matt'

Tbh I could do without uprising anyway, it was a good opener 6 years ago but... :awesome: i'll stop right there

tumblr_n39mdj3TJu1qgwruko2_250.gif

I've never advocated for dropping the big hits or rotating them; I know Muse isn't the hardcore fans' band anymore, and hasn't been since they got super popular (of course, they did used to do a better job of trying to be a middle ground...) and people would be really let down, understandably, to miss something like Madness, KoC, Uprising, Starlight, SMBH.

And they're sadly probably the only songs a lot of people at gigs likely even know.

I just really wish they would have presented them a bit better during this tour. It did feel like the visuals were reserved for a couple of the Drones songs (and oddly UD,) and the middle stretch was unnecessarily brutal unless you were a fan of a certain style of Muse song, and that was a very consistent complaint from both "old school" fans, and fans drawn in by different, possibly "heavier," songs.

So yeah, that makes it super odd that their biggest "rock" single featured Matt not playing the guitar, I suppose, didn't it?

(Or the idea that there's anything to be "sexy" about during Uprising. :LOL: )