I think it's safe to say the first night was for the fans setlist-wise as it also was the first one announced.

Haven't looked into many more examples to notice a trend but this has happened at least a few times on this tour. Copenhagen, as you say, and also Dublin and Belfast (which as said before essentially counted as a two nighter).

It would be interesting to see if this was just a somewhat isolated occurence or if it happened somewhat regularly. In which case, kudos to them.

Edit: off the top of my head the final London date to be announced also got the shittest set.

Edited by ryanp16

Was funny the other day when I played my mate some of their recent songs, all the time I'm like 'ARGH C'MON their drums these days are too restrained, it STILL needs more, it ends too quickly' and he was mostly like, 'nah nothing wrong there, it's fine as it is'... I don't know why I always feel it needs to kick off more

Oddly I've felt that about the cymbals on the Drones Tour. They feel a bit too tight and don't have a lot of sustain.

The drums themselves... I think Psycho could be heavier and there could be a bit more as most of it is fairly straight-edge but I don't think its too bad. Then again playing loud has gone part-way to killing the hearing in my left ear, so... pfft.

Yeah, Fury or The Groove might've been a better shout if you wanted to prey on his personal faves (then again, the former got cancelled in Norway iirc so who knows). I don't think Matt's a massive fan of Assassin. In fact, I think all three of them find it a bit of a pain in the arse :chuckle:

At least you tried and had fun anyway though.

Edit: wait were you the guy with the assassin sign or no im confusion

Pretty sure that at the LA rehearsal last year, someone asked for Fury in Norway, didn't they?

"That'll teach you not to tell me we can't play Glorious"

CkipFYaWkAAEw56.jpg

Well... there's been calls on here for more colour in the Drones-suits.

Do we reckon the Drone guitar is fucked then?

Didn't the Drone guitar work eventually? Or was he able to get a different one to work for those songs?

I really think either the sustainer battery died, or his pedal board did; not that the guitar is busted.

I think it would be super weird if they played something as obscure as Fury, tbh. Especially after places like London, France and Italy with all those b to b gigs didn't get anything of that caliber.

I think sometimes he just feels backed into a corner and agrees to things.

The sustainer battery dying wouldn't mute the guitar. More likely the wireless pack or something in his rack that cut out.

Did Matt get smacked with the cakes at the end of the gig, or was it during the break in Psycho?

At the end. Would've been quite odd if it happened during the Psycho break. :chuckle:

The sustainer battery dying wouldn't mute the guitar. More likely the wireless pack or something in his rack that cut out.

Did Matt get smacked with the cakes at the end of the gig, or was it during the break in Psycho?

Good to know.

I'd always heard if the sustainer battery dies, you lose the guitar until it's replaced. Show's what the people at shitty guitar shops know. :chuckle:

Never owned a guitar with one to experience it.

Matt used the pie as hair gel, so it would have been an odd rest of the gig.

At one of my gigs, he was having a major hair malfunction (the spiked up sides were collapsing down and looking like a pair of wings,) and he was using the downtime to go under and fix his hair. Looked pristine again after IS. :chuckle:

Good to know.

I'd always heard if the sustainer battery dies, you lose the guitar until it's replaced. Show's what the people at shitty guitar shops know. :chuckle:

At one of my gigs, he was having a major hair malfunction (the spiked up sides were collapsing down and looking like a pair of wings,) and he was using the downtime to go under and fix his hair. Looked pristine again after IS. :chuckle:

The sustainer pickup won't work with a dead battery (for sustain or as a normal pickup), but the bridge one still works. With a guitar wired like that anyway, it might be different depending on the electronics etc.

Yeah, pie hair gel wouldn't be a great look for the whole gig :LOL:

Good to know.

I think the old Fernandes Sustainer kills the guitar but not the Sustainiac.

I think the old Fernandes Sustainer kills the guitar but not the Sustainiac.

Yeah the Fernandes Sustainer in his old guitars kills it when it runs out of battery but the sustainiac still functions just without the sustain.

Think it was his wireless pack that went down tbh.

I suppose it doesn't matter since we're not exactly playing gigs with it. :LOL:

Can't find anyone willing to install a Sustainiac, sadly.

Glad we didn't pick up that Drone one. Don't really care for the look seeing it played. Still want a bomber. :(

I still quite like the Drone one but I'd find it weird playing anything but Muse on it haha

That would make sense, if the local guys weren't familiar with the Sustainiac. I'm still terrified to route into an expensive guitar...

They did come back and finish the song, no? Not like the aborted Map at Top of the Mountain.

God, that would have been a heartbreaker!

And yeah, it's a nifty enough looking guitar for the theme... but I couldn't see using it for anything other than Drones songs, not just Muse ones! I think it would be fun to have a numbered one.

They got that guitar out to him rather late in the Drones game. :chuckle:

Just to clear things up - when they came back after the Psycho break he said something about the pedalboard, so I guess something went wrong with that.

He used the army green drone guitar both to start with and after the break. By the way, it looks so freaking cool!

Moar crazy drums. YES.

In an interview Dom said something like thinking back to when he was a yoof he didn't need to bash the cymbols so hard, origin in particular was very cymbol-y.

I was like YES YOU DID!!! GOD DAMN

Good to know.

Reminds me a bit of Alex Turner having a comb with him to sort his heavily gelled quiff hair out mid-song at most gigs in 2011-13. The crazy hair in 2014 looked better tbf.

Presumably it may also have also been weird to do the full gig wearing pie all over his jacket (and trousers, by the looks of it). Or cake. Whichever it was.

Moar crazy drums. YES.

In an interview Dom said something like thinking back to when he was a yoof he didn't need to bash the cymbols so hard, origin in particular was very cymbol-y.

I was like YES YOU DID!!! GOD DAMN

I'm not even saying they have to be crazy hitting - the cymbals look and sound like they are very heavily washed and tight at the top. Just loosen them up a little and give it more sustain.