The lack of a proper screen really empties out the stage in appearance. Despite being their most ambitious arena stage most of the time it looks like their sparsest.

This was exactly how I felt about the tour in general. Most of the gig actually felt like there wasn't anything going on.

Plus, you were staring at the people in the seats the whole time. How awkward was that?

Remember the Handler visuals with the carousel on the screen? That was fucking amazing.

Remember the Handler visuals with the carousel on the screen? That was fucking amazing.

It really was, I can attest to that.

Muse might not like doing the conventional but end stage + big screen is hands down the best way to go for them imo. Maybe with a couple of thematic props/decor ala HAARP, L/R '11 and the Unsustainable Tour if they really have to. They have some amazing visual work that adds a lot more to the songs and overall show (without becoming distracting) than actors, 'drones' and dildrones ever could.

It really was, I can attest to that.

Muse might not like doing the conventional but end stage + big screen is hands down the best way to go for them imo. Maybe with a couple of thematic props/decor ala HAARP, L/R '11 and the Unsustainable Tour if they really have to. They have some amazing visual work that adds a lot more to the songs and overall show (without becoming distracting) than actors, 'drones' and dildrones ever could.

This. I think the perfect setup would be T2L stadium stage with the catwalk, but the small 2nd stage should be a tad bigger. Just enough so Matt and Chris could play a song or two on it together, with enough space for both.

I don't think there was really anything that couldn't have been done with or adapted to an endstage except the flying stuff, but then again, that was Matt's whole reason for the center stage.

I can't say it wasn't cool, but I don't think it was ENOUGH, tbh, to justify how sparse the rest of the gig felt.

Globalist was the only song that really made use of the stage fully.

The Iceland gig is an arena gig, but it's after Russia so I guess we'll see then.

Interestingly, despite the obvious drone photo on the announcement page, it's the only non-festival tour to NOT mention "drones tour" specifically, or to have that blub about the 360 stage.

Did they have the 360 set up during the ticket sales?

Managed to get barrier last night! No big surprises (though CE was great) but at least it wasn't the same set as the London gig I went to I guess.

I was a bit sad it was so pianoless, but at the same time happy it didn't have feeling good.