I like it and it does work, but proper Dead Star and Micro Cuts separately are better.

Meanwhile, PiB and MOTP have been done so far before IS/Handler. Although setlist.fm has a line Matt's guitar failed during Psycho and the song was aborted... this the birthday prank equivalent for Matt of the cake faceplanting Dom and Chris do? :chuckle:

Saw the Book of Mormon last month. :love:

Best thing I've seen in ages.

And exactly my point about the Drones setlists; they referred to this as The Wall, it was a concept album, and Matt even said he was making a story out of the gigs.

Really disappointed that didn't become a reality. It would have been relatively easy to do, even with just the songs they've been playing.

Maybe I'll mock one up when I'm not also typing to some tech support guy in bad Spanish... :chuckle:

Some of the visuals just felt displaced and odd without any context, and with the gaps in visuals between songs.

And I agree as well; The Globalist and The Handler, or even just the songs with the drone dances, were what I expected to see throughout the whole gig. How awesome would that have been if it carried through a gig that played a mix of hits and the Drones songs in order?

As is, the tone of the gig was just all over the place.

I didn't care for how much I couldn't see the band; being close a few times didn't make up for it.

I was also in a bad spot. Two of the "corners" of the circle ended up being crummy because even when Matt is in front of you, he tends to lean into his guitar and not really face forward, and once he's not directly in front of you again, you can't see him play. That's a big part of Muse gigs to me, so having him not be facing my direction during every single solo and riff during the gig was depressing.

My boyfriend was screaming in frustration during CE, because they didn't even put up visuals of the front of the band, or Matt playing, during the riffs.

We were going to go for the "good" corner the second night, but they were filled with the superfan barrier warriors that slept outside all day (which confirmed they were in fact "the good spots") and my bf didn't want to deal with that, so we settled for the crappy corner again. :chuckle:

And I think I've made my love of overthinking things clear. :love:

As far as I can recall, the drop-down projectors appeared for Dead Inside, Isolated System, The Handler, Madness, JFK, Uprising, The Globalist and Drones (plus live shots for TIRO but not sure that counts). I don't entirely know what Madness' were, given I was using it as a drink break. Maybe they form a narrative of sorts but I'm not entirely sure what it is.

I did think about the idea for a story set and did think of something, with a narrative arc starting with a love that collapses and then goes through the Drones story from there, but I'm not sure how it'd hang. I don't know if I'd have enjoyed it more or less with a narrative film, as eyes would be split between watching them play, and watching the screens, but then I did see U2 who had a narrative on their last tour and felt it made suitable use of everything.

Maybe its all a perspective thing. Granted, I have said I watched my gig from several different positions, but I did think it offered a good views. But I did think the corners weren't a great place to view from, hence why I wasn't willing to go there. Even if for TIRO I went up close to the end of both runways as I had enough energy to burn - proper up close views. Bit too hyperactive at times. Or I was still wired from the large Coke that came with my Subway on the way there.

I wanna re-see Book of Mormon. Seeing Avenue Q the other week sufficed though. That was great.

Anyways.

And exactly my point about the Drones setlists; they referred to this as The Wall, it was a concept album, and Matt even said he was making a story out of the gigs.

The Globalist and The Handler, or even just the songs with the drone dances, were what I expected to see throughout the whole gig. How awesome would that have been if it carried through a gig that played a mix of hits and the Drones songs in order?

As is, the tone of the gig was just all over the place.

I was also in a bad spot

Yes you are right about the tone of the gig. It fell short of the full concept thing... I think they compromised between popular and concept. Perhaps they lost their nerve, perhaps it was finances, dunno.

Think the fillers eg JFK was an attempt to carry through the concept but def just worked out as fillers.

Not seen anyone comment on the visuals for TAB mebbe I missed it, but it was awesome. The projected flames shooting up from him at the high spot. Wow.

re your bad spot... this is the problem when they change a stage layout. Harder to predict where the bad/good spots are going to be.

ps. Serpent Satellite Are you a very fast typer? :) :)

I like it and it does work, but proper Dead Star and Micro Cuts separately are better.
Well that's a bit redudant though :p Two great songs are obviously better than one. But I'm saying Dead Cuts is no better than Dead Star because it's just one great riff replacing...another great riff.

I am an insanely fast typer, abuse stream of conscious, and use odd punctuation in a failed attempt to get my tone across.

I'm sure they're all related to the same mental problem.

I have this suspicion Matt left making the "themed" setlist to the last minute, and ran out of time. :chuckle:

People kept the good spots of the stage to themselves, and no one talked about it until it was too late. There was also a decent bit of bad behavior at some of the gigs getting to those spots. :noey:

I actually didn't get to see the TaB visuals; they were rotated with UD, and for some reason they dropped that and the visuals after the first bit of the US tour.

If it's true that the new guitar failed during the opening song, I do feel bad about that. That's gotta feel really bad. :(

I am an insanely fast typer, abuse stream of conscious, and use odd punctuation in a failed attempt to get my tone across.

I'm sure they're all related to the same mental problem.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

People kept the good spots of the stage to themselves, and no one talked about it until it was too late. There was also a decent bit of bad behavior at some of the gigs getting to those spots. :noey:

You were unlucky there. I planned out my 'good spots' like a military campaign and it worked out for me. But I had the advantage of seeing how the tour worked out in the US first. :$:$

Yeah, I wasn't stingy telling people who asked where the good spots were, either.

Where I was seemed like a good spot when we were planning it, because we could see the stage and the catwalks a little better, without obstructing the visuals or view, and there were some really rowdy groups of people the bf wanted to avoid.

Should have realized they were in those spots for a reason.

It really would have been a decent spot; just didn't anticipate just how much of an angle Matt would stand at, and too hard to predict where Matt would be for some of the riffs/solos the bf wanted to see.

He really was upset because he's more into Matt's guitars than anything.

I feel kind of bad about down he is towards Muse now, because it got him into learning the play the guitar, and he's taught himself primarily through Muse songs.

Although I must admit, that moment where he started screaming from downstairs about what a shit song Psycho was (when he learned to play it) and how embarrassing it must be to play on tour... that was something. :chuckle:

They're pretty good sets, tbf.

Still could use more of a theme, imo, but I wouldn't complain.

Bummer for your shit to not work on your birthday, for sure.

Nah they definitely are good sets, at this point I wouldn't even be bummed if they played Feeling Good at a show I was at, haven't seen it since 2010. I guess I was dreaming Matt would use his birthday to play a rare favorite of his...maybe have a little fun, Agitated or maybe his baby Fury lol

I guess I was dreaming Matt would use his birthday to play a rare favorite of his...maybe have a little fun, Agitated or maybe his baby Fury lol

Yeah, Fury or The Groove might've been a better shout if you wanted to prey on his personal faves (then again, the former got cancelled in Norway iirc so who knows). I don't think Matt's a massive fan of Assassin. In fact, I think all three of them find it a bit of a pain in the arse :chuckle:

At least you tried and had fun anyway though.

Edit: wait were you the guy with the assassin sign or no im confusion

Edited by Jobby

Yeah, Fury or The Groove might've been a better shout if you wanted to prey on his personal faves (then again, the former got cancelled in Norway iirc so who knows). I don't think Matt's a massive fan of Assassin. In fact, I think all three of them find it a bit of a pain in the arse :chuckle:

At least you tried and had fun anyway though.

Edit: wait were you the guy with the assassin sign or no im confusion

Unfortunately no, I'm one of the still bitter Americans :/ lol

He said his favorite song to play was The Globalist, yes.

I always thought when he said Madness was the song he was most proud of, it was a sly reference to winning back his girlfriend.

I only recall him saying Fury was his favorite song on Absolution, not that he enjoys playing it anymore, but I assume with it coming back on the Psycho Tour and his little speech, he probably does.

It just doesn't make sense to pull out a song that obscure anymore no matter where the tour is, tbh. Especially when they're dropping stuff like New Born that the crowds actually know.

Home and almost rested from two brilliant nights in Copenhagen. This has reminded me in how bad shape I've actually gone to. A lot of jumping, singing, moshing and headbanging with Chris combined with the insane heath inside the venue have taken its toll. But totally worth it.

Second show last night started with Matt's pedal board taking a nap halfway through Psycho, so they restarted it about 5 minutes later. Chris' bass didn't work the first third of Supermassive either. Fuck it, that's the charm of playing live.

I think it's safe to say the first night was for the fans setlist-wise as it also was the first one announced. Last night was played totally safe with PiB, Map, Hysteria, Feeling Sick and Defector. A little bummed about not getting Assassin, but we tried our best and couldn't have done more without meeting them in person.

They seemed to have a lot of fun on stage last night after Psycho breakdown and yeah, it being Matt's birthday. A lot of b-day signs and balloons were in the air and Matt got smashed a cake in the face, hopefully for deciding to put FG on the setlist.

After Knights I went straight down to the end of the stage where the band left the arena. I had brought an Autographs Please-sign and a pen where Dom and Chris first signed it and greeted them quickly. Matt got last there covered in cake and was totally confused, so unfortunately he saw it too late.

Overall two great nights with my two friends and a lot of fellow Danish fans we met in the queue and inside the volcano venue.