The band doesn't have an obligation to play everywhere, let alone with a particular setting. Maybe they are really fed up with it, maybe they are losing money on it. Genuise disappointment is one thing, but offhand rants are getting a bit redundant.

This ^^^^^^ so much. Won't stop the constant whinging though.

Better, or worse, than Matt fondling himself during Uprising? :LOL:

pssh not even a competition. At least the nipple-rubbing is over pretty quickly and offers some kind of comedy...a little bit...sometimes.

The Blackout thing was just depressing :noey: ruined a much better song as well imo

Though I will say both are better than Guiding Light.

Yeah, still the lowest point Muse have ever hit live imo. Though Blackout isn't far behind for me :(

shhh that never happened

never

blackout died in 2007 remember

shhhhh

It happened. And Matt finished a few gigs with Starlight, without guitar, and dancing with a camera.

Don't negate reality, face it. Together we can fight for a better world. One world without Starboobs closing shows. Our time is NOW!

pssh not even a competition. At least the nipple-rubbing is over pretty quickly and offers some kind of comedy...a little bit...sometimes.

The Blackout thing was just depressing :noey: ruined a much better song as well imo

Yeah, still the lowest point Muse have ever hit live imo. Though Blackout isn't far behind for me :(

I think I just watched one partial, fuzzy YT video of that, tbh. Got to the missing solo, and moved on with my life. :(

It was mostly disappointing to see an old song come back, and have it be altered in that way.

Something like Starlight or Uprising I'm so tired of anyways, idgaf what they do or don't do during them.

Although, I guess, Matt sort of went out of his way to make me eat those words with the striptease, didn't he? :chuckle:

It happened. And Matt finished a few gigs with Starlight, without guitar, and dancing with a camera.

Don't negate reality, face it. Together we can fight for a better world. One world without Starboobs closing shows. Our time is NOW!

Is the guitarless dancing in the middle of the gig a good enough victory? :chuckle:

Mighty no. 9 just came out and you're surprised people can be disappointed in something they funded.

Too soon. :noey:

All the band members have raved about the stage, once they got used to it, so they either DON'T hate it... or maybe it sounds better to just bullshit about it. :chuckle:

I still think the need for Matt to run around in a circle all night is responsible for the abrupt change in performance between Drones and T2L tour... Or I'm just deluding myself. :(

I did find it interesting to hear that, a couple weeks before their one rehearsal, they hadn't seen any part of the stage set up or visuals.

So, clearly Matt just draws this on a napkin, their stage manager cries himself to sleep for a few nights, and then it all gets made without too much further input.

Made me wonder how much gets altered that they aren't really aware of, as did the very abrupt alteration of the orbs after Mexico.

Wait, really?

They designed the stage and they don't like it?

I clearly remember an interview in which Matt said that after every single show they were like "never again". That was during the US leg.

I've seen 8 and all of them have had at least 1 song I hadn't seen before. Although at the Emirates 2013 gig, that song was Blackout with Matt lying down and Chris playing guitar.

Why did you have to bring up 2013 Blackout again :'(?

Better, or worse, than Matt fondling himself during Uprising? :LOL:

Funnily, I never saw that at any of my gigs, even though I'm pretty sure it was mentioned here beforehand. But somehow I always managed to unintentionally only look at Dom and Chris. Maybe my sub-conscious saved me from it. But yea, definitely with Jobby on this, not even a competition!!!

Wow, for a forum that's supposed to be for Muse fans, there sure are a lot of dicks around. Oh, well, that's just the Internet, I suppose.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it normally takes until new dates are posted? And if it's the end of the tour, how long it typically takes until the next one begins? Do they normally have a new album prepared by the time they're done with each tour, or does it take a year or two before they do anything new? I realise that nobody who isn't directly involved with the band can know specifics about what's happening now or in the near future. I'm asking how it normally goes down. I assume that long-time, die hard fans could possibly answer this. :)

Wow, for a forum that's supposed to be for Muse fans, there sure are a lot of dicks around. Oh, well, that's just the Internet, I suppose.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it normally takes until new dates are posted? And if it's the end of the tour, how long it typically takes until the next one begins? Do they normally have a new album prepared by the time they're done with each tour, or does it take a year or two before they do anything new? I realise that nobody who isn't directly involved with the band can know specifics about what's happening now or in the near future. I'm asking how it normally goes down. I assume that long-time, die hard fans could possibly answer this. :)

Their last gig of the Resistance Tour: 2011-08-28

Their first of T2L: 2012-08-12

Last of T2L: 2014-04-19

First of Drones: 2015-03-15

So basically about a year during which they write and record music. But this time they've also talked about having a longer break, but also about not recording full albums, so who knows? I'd guess it will still be about a year though.

But also worth noting that they've always talked about taking a step back to take a break or record music after two years of touring since 2009, but yet always ended up playing a bunch of gigs the third year of the tour (2011 and 2014). So If they are to follow that pattern, they might "surprise" us with a few gigs in late 2016/early 2017.

I haven't been following this tour to stay spoilerfree until my gig - is there still proper sexy planing somewhere?

FIGHT, FIGHT! WIN, WIN!

I clearly remember an interview in which Matt said that after every single show they were like "never again". That was during the US leg.

Wasn't the second part of that story, though, that it started out that way, and then they really started to like it?

iirc, it was more of a joke about being lazy and having to move around so much.

Their last gig of the Resistance Tour: 2011-08-28

Their first of T2L: 2012-08-12

Last of T2L: 2014-04-19

First of Drones: 2015-03-15

So basically about a year during which they write and record music. But this time they've also talked about having a longer break, but also about not recording full albums, so who knows? I'd guess it will still be about a year though.

But also worth noting that they've always talked about taking a step back to take a break or record music after two years of touring since 2009, but yet always ended up playing a bunch of gigs the third year of the tour (2011 and 2014). So If they are to follow that pattern, they might "surprise" us with a few gigs in late 2016/early 2017.

Thank you so much for your reply. I really hope you're right, and that I get to see them again in around a year's time.

Are you trying to say that male Muse fans don't have dicks?

Hahahahaha!

Edited by Norynde

I think we're going to keep it closed in the future - I just didn't have the time to discuss so let it open for this gig :)

I tried to make a general live/discussion thread before and it was deleted. The comments never seemed to get through to anyone.

Chat kinda killed the need for a live thread now. I just keep forgetting to open the chat on account of sleeping through all the recent gigs.