How do these girls on these FB groups afford to go to like every muse gig?

Festivals are really fucking bad, but I did eight (I think) shows last tour for like $900 total, including two festival weekends (discounted rates) and travel. Do things around your immediate area, make some friends to share rides/rooms/whatever, personally I just slept in a car and took showers at the local gym for the four Staples Center gigs. It's extremely manageable.

I've saved $2000 for this tour so I'm probably going to do 20 this time and I'm on the West Coast. I'd be able to do a ton more if I were on the East Coast.

Going to 20 muse gigs in america seems so stupid. You're gonna see 22-23 songs in total.

Nah, won't make that mistake again. Ten was pushing it last time since there was hardly any variation outside of the LA/Vegas shows. I'm doing Mexico and parts of the East Coast this time too since I can stay in family's unused apartment in Manhattan/Boston/DC and a friend in Orlando.

Probably 15 in total to be realistic, 20 is too much. Expecting two nights in Vegas this time too, because of reasons.

Going seeing the same band 20 times in the same year sounds like it would just ruin the experience of seeing said band to me. :erm:

Not if it's your favourite band :LOL: And when said band is one of the best live acts in the world.

Adding some thoughts to the mix.

It took me ages to connect to with this album. After several plays I am enjoying it a lot more musically, but part of the problem for me (apart from some songs sounding like they came out of a musical initially) has been that it is meant to be a story but the story didn't evolve well for me; it seemed jerky, inconsistent, lyrics didn't flow on from one song to the next. I also didn't like the fact that the album is in two halves musically.

Thus I have changed the order of listening for my own enjoyment. For me, the following order flows a lot better and feels more meaningful, as well as building from a quiet start to a heavy middle musically and then to a softer reflective end which I prefer to it being cut in two. Part of it may be listening to it several times - as it usually takes me a bit of time to connect with songs, but, for me, the reordering has also given the album coherence that seemed, for me, missing initially.

So my reordering is:

1. Aftermath (renamed) - this for me would be better as the beginning of the story - when the protagonist falls in love. The fact that he finds love seemingly randomly in the second half of the album doesn't work for me, as there is no build-up and it seems almost forgotten afterwards. Plus the lyrics in Globalist kind of conflict with the protagonist finding love again.

2. Dead inside - the relationship breaks down and he starts to block off his feelings.

3. Handler - This the full rejection of the relationship but also relates to the deadening of feelings which allows the darker forces in.

4. Drill Sergeant/Psycho - the joining of the army/radicalisation - in ordinary life this could be in the context of attempting to find outlets for suppressed anger/and hurt feelings and - in line with the story that is being told here - suppression of emotions that lets no feeling in. It is empowering but ultimately destructive.

5. Reapers - full on warfare.

6. Mercy - Recognising the destructive behaviour (own and of the powerful) and looking for a way out and help.

7. JFK and Defector - when the protagonist finally rejects any type of controlling relationship and destructive behaviour.

8. Revolt - the WTF song makes more sense to me when taken as intentionally weirdly out of place and jolly - in the context that the protagonist joins a peaceful resistance movement - so an attempt to resist global warfare by getting together in a group, dressing up in colourful clothes and delivering optimistic messages. Otherwise it is just a bad empowerment song! lol

9. Globalist (which could be renamed Aftermath)/Drones - a more sombre and sober summary and reflection on the course of events/emotional course and resultant wreckage (including the protagonist's own part in contributing to the wreckage) and the crux of the story that all of it (including the destruction of the whole world when taken to the extremes of narcissism) was because one person needed to be loved.

As for favourites - Handler, Dead Inside, Aftermath (I think now, after not liking it initially), Globalist and Drones.

I'd be damn happy if I can manage to get to one. Two would be ideal, but not so much for setlist reasons (second gig last year was -SS -MotP and +US, from the first gig. :noey: ) but in case I can't fucking see from where I'm at, like happened at the TR tour.

I'd happily go see them constantly, probably, if money, job, family, health weren't an issue. But, then again, I can't see planning my entire life around long concert stints.

I've only ever done back to back shows once, Radiohead at Victoria Park in 2008. Never again.

I can't imagine how dire it would be doing multiple shows of the same leg of the tour...

Yeah, I love them as much as anyone but it would quickly become old/mundane.

Like it's been said your only gonna hear about 25 songs total!

Festivals are really fucking bad, but I did eight (I think) shows last tour for like $900 total, including two festival weekends (discounted rates) and travel. Do things around your immediate area, make some friends to share rides/rooms/whatever, personally I just slept in a car and took showers at the local gym for the four Staples Center gigs. It's extremely manageable.

I've saved $2000 for this tour so I'm probably going to do 20 this time and I'm on the West Coast. I'd be able to do a ton more if I were on the East Coast.

It seems like a waste of 2000 dollars if you'd ask me.. why not do 10 shows, and put another half apart for some more sightseeing?

I'm pretty happy going to one gig per tour, apart from the odd special gig :LOL: I'd probably do more if I could afford it, but with the amount Muse rotate it wouldn't really be worth it. £100+ for about 25 songs total (90% of which I've probably seen before anyway)? No thx.

I get bored of songs like Knights, TIRO and PIB as it is, let alone seeing them at back-to-back gigs.

it's not only about how many songs you get, though.. It's more about the overall intensity and atmosphere of the gig imo (that depends way more on the crowd than the band). From what I've seen, recent muse shows aren't top tier in that regard sadly, so I wouldn't pay for more than the one show they play where I live.