Yeah it's probably the easiest I've ever played.

I just picked my guitar up and started playing it with no prior knowledge of how to play it so yeah, its easy :LOL:

But... If it may be shameful easy to find its right notes, it may be a challenge to play it perfectly. It's to say: you have to fully achieve that enfatic "swing feel" along with the beat to deliver it optimally.

That way, you can hypnotise cobras with that riff. ;)

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

But... If it may be shameful easy to find its right notes, it may be a challenge to play it perfectly. It's to say: you have to fully achieve that enfatic "swing feel" along with the beat to deliver it optimally.

That way, you can hypnotizes cobra with that riff. ;)

Yeah, agreed. Getting the right rhythm to it can be tricky at first but it's pretty straightforward if you just listen to the song and play along etc.

Getting the tone just right was the hardest part IMO

hmmm I strangely don't mind the length actually. I think any other song, I would be bored stupid by the repetitiveness (eg: I find Defector way too samey and long) but something about Psycho... I think I love the riff to bits which is a huge bonus considering the entire song is the same riff over and over :LOL:

I love the length - maybe because I love the song. I have Drones (album) in my car and I always make sure wherever I go I listen to Psycho first :D

hmmm I strangely don't mind the length actually. I think any other song, I would be bored stupid by the repetitiveness (eg: I find Defector way too samey and long) but something about Psycho... I think I love the riff to bits which is a huge bonus considering the entire song is the same riff over and over :LOL:

How can you call Defector too samey and say Psycho isn't :(

How can you call Defector too samey and say Psycho isn't :(

erm I don't really find anything in Defector particularly interesting except the bass. However, Psycho really builds for me and has got a multitude of things that work in it (the vocals, the bass, the riff (which I absolutely love)) so for me it has more staying power (I also love the bridge). But yeah, I appreciate it's a bit of a conundrum ;) It's one of those things where I don't really have a coherent answer, I just like Psycho better and could listen to it all day :p

Just had my first listen of the whole album - really disappointed😕- loved Psycho when I first heard it and also like Reapers but apart from a couple of other tracks I don't think it's half as inventive as other Muse albums. After 2nd Law I hoped for more of the heavy style and less of the pop sound but that hasn't happened for me- can't even listen to Mercy!😳I was playing Hysteria the other day- what a track! For me personally, Muse peaked with Black Holes & Revelations- sorry guys!

Just had my first listen of the whole album - really disappointed😕- loved Psycho when I first heard it and also like Reapers but apart from a couple of other tracks I don't think it's half as inventive as other Muse albums. After 2nd Law I hoped for more of the heavy style and less of the pop sound but that hasn't happened for me- can't even listen to Mercy!😳I was playing Hysteria the other day- what a track! For me personally, Muse peaked with Black Holes & Revelations- sorry guys!

I agree that Mercy and Revolt were pretty out of place, but for me the rest of the album clicks well. It might grow on you :) it seems to have grown on a fair amount of fans already

After reading lots of comments on lots of different threads (but mostly this one and the Your Reviews thread), I've come to a conclusion: Nobody on this messageboard loves this album more than me. FACT. I'm very happy, whilst everybody else is either angry, disappointed or merely content. If anyone out there is as happy as me, please let me know!

I really like it, actually.

I realize I haven't gotten around to adding much of my thoughts or a review, but really!, I'm sure no one cares :chuckle: , it's for some reason harder for me to share my thoughts when I enjoy something, and I keep waffling between liking the themes and being kind of angry about them. :(

Going to let that sort itself out, first...

Yeah it's a pretty easy riff to learn. I was improving it with Smoke on The Water which has a similar sound :LOL:

The Fec Tor

Perhaps it is! Only listened to it two or three times yet since I got the album yesterday. Will listen again and pay more attention to it! Ah, Defector is an amazing one!

erm I don't really find anything in Defector particularly interesting except the bass. However, Psycho really builds for me and has got a multitude of things that work in it (the vocals, the bass, the riff (which I absolutely love)) so for me it has more staying power (I also love the bridge). But yeah, I appreciate it's a bit of a conundrum ;) It's one of those things where I don't really have a coherent answer, I just like Psycho better and could listen to it all day :p

Fair enough I guess. I just think Defector has one of the best bridges/ solo things on the album and is enough to make the last chorus not seem repetitive.

Fair enough I guess. I just think Defector has one of the best bridges/ solo things on the album and is enough to make the last chorus not seem repetitive.

Best solo they've ever done imo. Wouldn't be out of place on BH&R, which is always a good thing in my books. Without that, the song would be pretty boring.