Getting back to Drones, what I'm loving more and more about Drones is it seems like the more 80s hard rock version of TR, complimenting TR's relative lack of a great number of hard rockers perfectly. And to bring them together, Muse returns to the more classically influenced sound as found in The Handler, Drones, The Globalist, and probably bits and pieces of other tracks I haven't had the time to search for yet.

I agree. I also like the classical influences, eg: Exogensis was amazing on TR (just a shame about the rest of the album paha ;) ) but yeah Drones kind of builds on that, especially with the Globalist

lol so this was the first post I saw when I opened the thread and I don't know the context so pls don't get mad

I've been lazy lately so Im lagging it on my review

Why would I get mad, you didn't say anything about what I posted? :LOL:

;)
number*

;)

Was a not so subtle reference to recent events :eek:

What was the general consensus on the Download setlist?

No idea what you're saying :LOL:

And ask someone who actually followed the thread. I was too busy...uhm...trolling.

Was a not so subtle reference to recent events :eek:

What was the general consensus on the Download setlist?

Pretty great I guess.

Felt like it really crashed after Dead Inside, but that might be 'cause I was just sad about not getting AP and Assassin. Also, Uprising and TIRO were pretty guff.

then do a swift jig and everything will be ok. Maybe rainbows will come out of the screen while you're at it

I never usually pull someone up for posting something, I just meant there's obviously things that deserve reporting and things that can just be discussed in the thread, not sure why disagreeing with someone's opinion on an album warrants a report, nor was it particularly off-topic in the context of this thread. Not as much as you and I discussing Hannibal anyway :p

I never usually pull someone up for posting something, I just meant there's obviously things that deserve reporting and things that can just be discussed in the thread, not sure why disagreeing with someone's opinion on an album warrants a report, nor was it particularly off-topic in the context of this thread. Not as much as you and I discussing Hannibal anyway :p

HANNIBAL. On another note, Drones is ok too I guess

EDIT: Also, Globalist is one hell of a tune. I predict by the end of the month it will be my #1 of the album

Edited by Citizen Erased #01

I really love that song. First the piano ending felt disorganized but after more listens I noticed the patterns, progressions, etc.

I feel like it really should overstay its welcome (the final section is 4 or so mins long for a start) but it doesn't, could listen to it all day. Also, Drones is growing on me as a song, feels perfect coming after Globalist