I'm pretty happy going to one gig per tour, apart from the odd special gig :LOL: I'd probably do more if I could afford it, but with the amount Muse rotate it wouldn't really be worth it. £100+ for about 25 songs total (90% of which I've probably seen before anyway)? No thx.

I get bored of songs like Knights, TIRO and PIB as it is, let alone seeing them at back-to-back gigs.

Indeed.

As with you, I'm fine doing one gig per year or one gig per leg. Shepherd's Bush Empire was not originally intended, but found one a week before the gig and had a free week from uni, so I went along. I nearly did both Emirates gigs later that year, as tickets were still available on that morning, but I was too tired and didn't want to sit through Dizzee Rascal for a second night.

I'm tempted enough in doing a pair but we'll see what tour dates are planned for next year, and what I can afford.

it's not only about how many songs you get, though.. It's more about the overall intensity and atmosphere of the gig imo (that depends way more on the crowd than the band). From what I've seen, recent muse shows aren't top tier in that regard sadly, so I wouldn't pay for more than the one show they play where I live.

I wouldn't mind seeing most of the same songs if they were good/performed well (see Stockholm Syndrome) but most of the hits sound pretty guff and tired nowadays.

Is he banned for a year? Gosh that's relieving.

Though I most certain won't check this board until the next album hype.

Not necessarily a bad thing really.

I don't get the Fabri hate. Sure, he disagrees with people and can be a bit blunt about it but it's not like he's this tyrant of the Messageboard who forces you all to live in misery.

Not discussing the ban, just a bit harsh and overly-dramatic imo.

I've only ever done back to back shows once, Radiohead at Victoria Park in 2008. Never again.

I can't imagine how dire it would be doing multiple shows of the same leg of the tour...

Did it once for Muse at the o2 in 2009. Never again.

I nearly did it with Bloc Party on the Intimacy Tour but decided against going to the Notts gig, would have got 25 different songs, 2 different openers and 2 different closers...

Prefer to go to 2 gigs max per album cycle, main tour and a side show.

Actually, when I was queuing for the SBE gig in 2013, I was chatting with some older women who said they'd done 2 nights in London on every tour since Absolution (I think), and were already making plans for the Emirates gigs later that year. They seemed quite happy to be going again.

As for the album, I seem to find myself liking Mercy more of late. Maybe something's wrong with me or I'm beginning to find it quite fun.

]

As for the album, I seem to find myself liking Mercy more of late. Maybe something's wrong with me or I'm beginning to find it quite fun.

Personally, a lot of the album has been grower material. I liked a lot of TR the first time I listened to it, but it wore off after a few months (with the exception of a few tracks like Exogenesis) but this album has been more of a slow burner. DI, Mercy, Revolt, Defector, Drones have all grown on me to the extent that they're almost completely different songs. That, to me, is a sign of a great album

Bit off topic, but Once Upon a Time in the West is screening from Tarantino's personal 35MM collection at the New Beverly. Unfortunately I won't be in town those days :\

Once you see Man With a Harmonica in context, you'll never complain about Muse playing it again.

http://www.thenewbev.com/dfsource/2015/3/29/june-28-29-30-also-july-1-2-3-4-once-upon-a-time-in-the-west

Oh no I haven't been in the main muse for ages.

I'm just popping in to say I'm really really enjoying drones! I thought I'd lost my enthuse for Muse after 2nd Law...only really liked Supremacy and Panic Station (for the lols).

But this one (apart from Mercy) is providing the goods! Loving it :musesign:

This is a great workout album.

this would do great as a musical :LOL:

no kidding I am okay with the album but I think their asses belong to warner now.

The overall album sounds too radiofriendly with 1 or 2 exceptions.

It'll stay a financial success due to people who kind of like their music but could not handle the albums before because they have been overall weirder.

Kinda feels like muse decided to go full American Idiot with this

Stable work which keeps them safe but I am really worried about the setlists on the tour

Psycho is mega when going for a run

Psycho was a blast the first time i listened to it, after a while the hype was gone, but yesterday saw the Psycho live in the bonus DVD, and seriously, is a sick song.

This is not a happy album but is a great work of music.

I'm surprised how much this album as a whole has grown on me. I've forced myself to listen to Aftermath even, and it now only makes me roll my eyes instead of puking. I still think Reapers is annoying, but I could see how it would be good when running.

This is not a happy album

I'm not sure I agree.. it's got way too many silly and jolly elements to be considered bleak.

psycho, reapers, mercy, revolt (omg I still can't wrap my head around the fact that they actually made this), defector, they're all really positive/fun sounding songs despite whatever crappy "dark" lyrics matt came up when making them.

After many listens, I really think this album is amazing. Similar level as Black Holes, so much better than T2L and maybe Resistance. I only dislike Revolt, mostly the pre-chorus. The rest either grew on me or loved in the first place. I feel sorry for the fans who cannot find the goodness in this record. It's definately the start of Muse moving (back) in the right path.

The Handler is definately the best song since Absolution. Now I would be interested if they went this direction in all the songs.

I started to really like Aftermath as well, while Reapers is my 2nd favourite. Then comes The Globalist. That tremolo part is the best 20 seconds of the album. Not sure when they made that, why did not the idea came to them to do something more with it in time or incorporate into the riff somehow.

After many listens, I really think this album is amazing. Similar level as Black Holes, so much better than T2L and maybe Resistance. I only dislike Revolt, mostly the pre-chorus. The rest either grew on me or loved in the first place. I feel sorry for the fans who cannot find the goodness in this record. It's definately the start of Muse moving (back) in the right path.

The Handler is definately the best song since Absolution. Now I would be interested if they went this direction in all the songs.

I started to really like Aftermath as well, while Reapers is my 2nd favourite. Then comes The Globalist. That tremolo part is the best 20 seconds of the album. Not sure when they made that, why did not the idea came to them to do something more with it in time or incorporate into the riff somehow.

The Handler is not one of their best since Abso

We got Unnatural Selection which is great work.

Exogenesis was done really well too and I dig Animals, Supremacy

I think the album is nice but after I am hyped out I think T2L > Drones

As an Album I am happy to see a concept album but the overall qualitiy in songwriting is not too great.

It is a safe album in my opinion which has songs for everyone even outisde of the fanbase.

The Handler is harder but less radical.

Nice work but it is lacking something for me

I'm not sure I agree.. it's got way too many silly and jolly elements to be considered bleak.

psycho, reapers, mercy, revolt (omg I still can't wrap my head around the fact that they actually made this), defector, they're all really positive/fun sounding songs despite whatever crappy "dark" lyrics matt came up when making them.

yeah I agree. Matt likes to pretend he's dark but, taking the Muse songs into consideration, he really isn't. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. I personally live on a diet of Hannibal, Saw films and am always looking for music and films that push those kind of boundaries. Muse in comparison is a ray of happy sunlight (again, not necessarily a bad thing)

The Handler is not one of their best since Abso

You're right, for me it's their best effort since Absolution.

Exogenesis and MK Ultra aside, Reapers, The Handler, Defector and The Globalist beat anything off the last two records in my opinion.

Plus US was good, but too similar to New Born's riff for me and the breakdown seems to lose it's way slightly. Absolutely battered that album when it first came out so I know it's not just a case of me not listening to it enough either.

Overall, i'd put the album on a similar level to Black Holes and as others have said, it's a step back in the right direction, they just need to cut out the sillier moments and lyrics imo and it would have been right up there with OOS and Abso.

yeah I agree. Matt likes to pretend he's dark but, taking the Muse songs into consideration, he really isn't. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. I personally live on a diet of Hannibal, Saw films and am always looking for music and films that push those kind of boundaries. Muse in comparison is a ray of happy sunlight (again, not necessarily a bad thing)

yeah, definitely. it's all pretty relative, though. if you're used to stuff like the haxan cloak or chelsea wolfe, Muse will feel like a sunny day with flying kangaroos. most of the time.

yeah, definitely. it's all pretty relative, though. if you're used to stuff like the haxan cloak or chelsea wolfe, Muse will feel like a sunny day with flying kangaroos. most of the time.

I don't really think a guy who writes and performs tracks like USOE and Panic Station considers himself to be very dark at all :LOL:. I think matt is very much in touch with how cheesy Muse songs can sound, and also how dark they can sound if he wants. Plus, it's like you said, dark doesn't necessarily mean better. I have a friend who thinks Christopher Nolan should direct pretty much ANYTHING and have it be super dark and gritty but what he doesn't seem to grasp is that it's not always needed. I find that when there is no respite from constant brutality, in any medium, it can be exhausting.

Going off topic slightly but take for example Hannibal, as Citizen Erased #01 mentioned. A programme that encourages it's audience to flirt with the idea of being a serial killer through the main character Will Graham, but always retains the overarching notion that they are still trying to catch Hannibal and bring him to justice. As a result, the show is one of the darkest on television, maybe THE darkest, yet it's not hopelessly bleak.

I know nobody was saying it was a bad thing, but I like that Muse have darker and lighter elements to their sound and I think it's why their back catalogue sounds do diverse and has been so accessible for people.