Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Just heard the proper version for the first time. I like it more on first listen than Dead Inside (even if I prefer where I first heard that), but because I've got used to the latter, I'm not as arsed by it as the other 3 tracks from Drones that we know so far. The Black Holes vibe is appropriate, although it did remind me a little of Resistance.

Did Dom say anything of interest in his chat?

It's finally "gutless" and not "godless". Glad to be proven wrong.

Least they weren't mad enough to use the line "Turn me into a power drone" as was suggested. :chuckle:

Welp, this is the one with the cow synth.

And also, how is nobody commenting on the gorgeous harmonies and synth action?!!! The guitar's much stronger than I expected, and it's much rockier than Starlight!

I think the lack of depth has a simple explanation. It's called MP3.

Can you guys hear how awkward the "MERCY" sounds in the chorus? That's my only real complaint. It made me shiver in the live leak, but in the actual song it feels like there should be something else to 'cover it up' a little.

Yeah agree with this. Those layered vocals sound really, really out of place for some reason, like they've just been slapped on top of the mix.

:LOL:

Yes, when I heard it live it was a cross between Starlight and Glorious

when I heard the recent leak I thought it reminded me of Follow me and Starlight

Now on the radio, you are right, it's like a version of Madness :LOL:

I didn't mean Mercy when I said that, was talking about a song by someone else acouple of tracks before Mercy

Going to toot my own horn on this about the "gutless" lyric.....

Also, I like the lyric video as well, although the font is a bit odd. In terms of the mix, it sounds relatively the same to me. The backing vocals in the chorus seem a bit more prevalent though.

I like the song!