Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

What is lacking on messageboards and the world in general: the passion. Write with your guts. Stop acting in masses, like you belong to a football team. I miss reading people's opinion, you're all writing the same stuff, acting like clones. I prefer acting like a clown. Write with your brain, not with the general consensus.

What are you on about? You may have encountered some opinions other than your own, but the opinions on this song (are we still talking about Mercy here?) are as varied as as the opinions about anything Muse have released in the last couple of years.

If you're looking for passion, try to get involved with organizations that fight hunger, injustice or the destruction of the planet. You'll find it there. I'm sorry we're not wasting our guts on our musical preference, but I feel they're spent better elsewhere.

I've seen a few people talk about the mixing so far and how they're surprised it's the way it is with Mutt at the helm, but I think things like the subtle synth (which is no more subtle than the chorus to SS) are probably because of advice from Mutt himself. I can't see a classic rock producer liking the idea of arpeggiated synth being at the forefront of a track. It's probably why the guitar sounds so prominent as well I would imagine.

Personally, I really don't understand all the hate tossed at albums like Viva La Vida or Mylo Xyloto (at least, in its major part). I'm not their fan, but, seriously, those two EPs don't deserve so much repulsion.

Aren't they supposed to be LPs? :confused: I agree about VLV, possibly their best album to date (and most interesting for sure)

I find it ironic when ppl say Muse lacks inspiration with this song, and ask for OoS / Abso 2.0... But hey, I just listen to the song and it gives me a great vibe. Nice build up and great bombastic sound. Love it.

It's just a cool rock track, I see it as this album's TOADA, just a bit of fun. It is slightly similar to other songs that they've done, but at the end of the day I still rate it higher than most of T2L. It's never going to be my favourite song on the album, but it's not bad

I've seen a few people talk about the mixing so far and how they're surprised it's the way it is with Mutt at the helm, but I think things like the subtle synth (which is no more subtle than the chorus to SS) are probably because of advice from Mutt himself. I can't see a classic rock producer liking the idea of arpeggiated synth being at the forefront of a track. It's probably why the guitar sounds so prominent as well I would imagine.
Well he's produced more than classic rock.

Aren't they supposed to be LPs? :confused: I agree about VLV, possibly their best album to date (and most interesting for sure)

I'm sure he just got the terms mixed up.

By masses, I meant the way you act shocked by what I've written, all replying in the same way, like clones. It's funny though. I guess that the board is so boring and predictable, my style of writing is shocking to you, I say thing like they are. It has brought me some criticism in the real world, especially from my employers, but all in all, you get to meet the most interesting people. When you act all shy and conform your will to others', you end up with hypocrites.

You have terrible and extremely limited taste.

Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Star Wars Battlefront, Xenoblade X, Persona 5?

Bloodborne is okay if you haven't beaten the shit out of Demon's Souls (not even mentioning Dark Souls and its sequel) which was a far better game, better designed, harder and all-round more enjoyable and satisfying. That was over 4 years ago. In 2015, Bloodborne looks like a game you've already beaten to death, only with a different atmosphere, close to Castlevania. The most disappointing thing was the graphics, it's running on PS4, a superior hardware than PS3, and it doesn't look that much better compared to Demon's Souls. Not to mention the complete lack on innovation to the series.

As for the others, haven't played them yet, will definitely buy most of those, but it doesn't look very promising. Arkham Knight looks just like Arkham City all over again, only with a Batmobile and slightly improved graphics (was expecting much much more coming from this new generation of hardwares). It will be a good game but nothing new here.

Witcher 3 had the most promising graphics, sadly it's an über let-down, total cop-out, just like Watch Dogs last years. The gameplay still looks bad (Witcher is a series with terrible gameplay, and it's to me one of the most important things in a game), there's nothing new, no new concept.

It's too early to comment on the other ones, but I will still end up buying them all as these are the only worthy titles to deserve my money. It doesn't prevent me from having a pretty low expectation and judging objectively.

That being said, The Phantom Pain will clearly be the better game and Game of the Year 2015. The Metal Gear series is the best one in the video game department, best directing, best writing, best gameplay, and The Phantom Pain expands these to a whole new level. My only concern with this game is that the graphics already look dated as it was designed for the last generation of consoles, and sadly it shows on screen. Still, it will be remembered as the best looking game for PS3/360, and it's on-par if not better with games exclusively made for PS4/Xbox One that are coming out in 2015, which is mindblowing when you think about it.

But aside from the graphics, the shots, the directing... it's never been seen before in a videogame. Every sequence or so is shot in ONE shot, like Cuaron did for Gravity, and that alone deserves respect. Kojima is really the king of the media.

And the story looks to be the most interesting of the saga so far.

Well he's produced more than classic rock.

I know but I still think what I said stands. I don't think a producer who's been working for 40 years+ would just "get the mixing wrong", people might not like it but I would say it's all very deliberate choices, whereas when it was Muse producing themselves there may have been a few oversights during the mixing process.

By masses, I meant the way you act shocked by what I've written, all replying in the same way, like clones. It's funny though. I guess that the board is so boring and predictable, my style of writing is shocking to you, I say thing like they are. It has brought me some criticism in the real world, especially from my employers, but all in all, you get to meet the most interesting people. When you act all shy and conform your will to others', you end up with hypocrites.
Jesus christ you're full of yourself.

What you're saying are personal opinions, and you're trying to pass them off as facts, and think you gain credibility by calling others sheep.

I know but I still think what I said stands. I don't think a producer who's been working for 40 years+ would just "get the mixing wrong", people might not like it but I would say it's all very deliberate choices, whereas when it was Muse producing themselves there may have been a few oversights during the mixing process.
I doubt Mutt mixed it though.