Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

But all you posted was your opinion, and no one cares enough to debate you on it because why the fuck would we? You're clearly too far up your own ass to even hear us, and what would your reply to our opinions be? Oh right, that we're sheep. We've seen it before, and we're bored of you already. Now go away.

I was not expecting that much answers and reactions to be honest. So, whether you want it or not, you and others care, otherwise you would be ignoring it. And this my dear, is a fact.

However you had nothing to reply except denying you act just like the majority of people here. When you're an employee, it's kind of the same deal, there is this unspoken rule: conform and act like everyone else in the company, or you'll come off as an intruder. I like Matthew because of that, it's exactly what he's talking about in some of his songs, but you don't get his point.

I could expand the debate, and talk about society in general, relationships, but I don't have the time for this. Not today anyway. Have spent already enough time writing here for now.

I'm not writing all this to justify myself, trying to force you into thinking the way I think, or trying to insult you. I called you "clone", I think this was a nice nickname and more appropriate, I didn't employ the word "sheep" which isn't very cool. I don't know you, I wouldn't get anything from insulting you. I don't care about that.

I'm writing to open your eyes on some stuff as well as expressing my opinion. Of course it's just a messageboard, so it's virtual, but you can get the general idea and it's up for you to decide whether or not you want to make the world better.

Some people are going to say "what, you think you can improve the world by asking for rare songs live and saying Mercy is shit?", "you're an ass", "good for you, now gtfo", "what a pretentious fuck", yeah yeah, I know all that.

This is just a beginning. Be more demanding. Ask for the best. Just the best. Study and watch everything and you'll get a better idea of what good and bad. Study economy, marketing, art, women, sex, relationships, astronomy, mathematics, friendship, EVERYTHING. Be yourselves, don't be afraid of what other people think of you, don't conform, eat the world, try to see everything that's going on, you're still all very young.

I may come back later. Buh bye... clones... : )

Small thing I've just noticed; the mp3 from yesterday is only 8.2mb while todays official download mp3 is 11.2mb, so it is different, in some way at least.

Did you get a download link by email or is it just the same link from yesterday?

Assassin? :supersad:

I always preferred the feeling that the song had with the more haunting vocals of the live version, which don't really mix with the backing vocals of the studio version. I appreciate them, but I think it would be a better song without them, and instead with some more delay and stuff like the live version.

Besides the bass line I really don't think this tracks got a whole lot going for it...i can see the Starlight comparison and to be honest reckon I prefer that

Do like the video though, even the font

I took the leaked version and today's release into some audio editing software. After inverting one of them and playing them together, all I hear is silence. So the audio is 100% identical. Not that I thought it'd be any different anyway

Did you get a download link by email or is it just the same link from yesterday?

I used the email link and code this time, I should have clarified. I think the extra size is just because it comes tagged as a part of the album etc, and put itself into the track 4 slot on its own, which the leaked version didn't, it automatically made itself track one.

I was not expecting that much answers and reactions to be honest. So, whether you want it or not, you and others care, otherwise you would be ignoring it. And this my dear, is a fact.

However you had nothing to reply except denying you act just like the majority of people here. When you're an employee, it's kind of the same deal, there is this unspoken rule: conform and act like everyone else in the company, or you'll come off as an intruder. I like Matthew because of that, it's exactly what he's talking about in some of his songs, but you don't get his point.

I could expand the debate, and talk about society in general, relationships, but I don't have the time for this. Not today anyway. Have spent already enough time writing here for now.

I'm not writing all this to justify myself, trying to force you into thinking the way I think, or trying to insult you. I called you "clone", I think this was a nice nickname and more appropriate, I didn't employ the word "sheep" which isn't very cool. I don't know you, I wouldn't get anything from insulting you. I don't care about that.

I'm writing to open your eyes on some stuff as well as expressing my opinion. Of course it's just a messageboard, so it's virtual, but you can get the general idea and it's up for you to decide whether or not you want to make the world better.

Some people are going to say "what, you think you can improve the world by asking for rare songs live and saying Mercy is shit?", "you're an ass", "good for you, now gtfo", "what a pretentious fuck", yeah yeah, I know all that.

This is just a beginning. Be more demanding. Ask for the best. Just the best. Study and watch everything and you'll get a better idea of what good and bad. Study economy, marketing, art, women, sex, relationships, astronomy, mathematics, friendship, EVERYTHING. Be yourselves, don't be afraid of what other people think of you, don't conform, eat the world, try to see everything that's going on, you're still all very young.

I may come back later. Buh bye... clones... : )

The study of women, you're hilarious.

The reason you're full of yourself is because you seem to believe that anyone who disagrees with you fails to see anything wrong with Muse. There have been plenty of complaints about Muse ever since they started as a band, and the opinion "they're not as good as they used to be" is one of the most repeated on this board, so to think that you're somehow being controversial is what makes you ignorantly full of yourself. You don't have to look further than this thread to find loads of complaints. But you're more interested in seeing what people have to say about you and your ooouuutrageous opinions.

I finally have a controversial opinion to share. I am an individual after all. I like the font and the lyric video. So there.

Good. As a wise man once wrote: "Be yourselves, don't be afraid of what other people think of you, don't conform, eat the world, try to see everything that's going on, you're still all very young."

I used the email link and code this time, I should have clarified. I think the extra size is just because it comes tagged as a part of the album etc, and put itself into the track 4 slot on its own, which the leaked version didn't, it automatically made itself track one.

Ah, ok. I still haven't received an email for the download. :mad:

Overwhelmingly good response outside of the forums from what I can tell. That's a good sign. :)

Not that I'm too surprised by this. This is a really good pop-rock song. Sure we hold Muse to higher standards here, but with all the drivel out there these days, this should do VERY well commercially.