Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Having now heard it in full quality, it's my favourite of the three songs releases so far. Yeah, it's not amazing. But it's pretty fun and upbeat with a good vocal melody and has a bit of a distorted kick and crunch to it. Feels like a good, silly and triumphant summer song.

Definitely warming to this one!

lol someone did a 180 in less than 12 hours :p

I'm also slightly bothered by the pronunciation of Mee-eee-eee-er-zyyyy in the warbling bit.

He couldn't squeeze out a properly pronounced "c"?

Oh my god yes. That random voiced "c" irritates me to no end.

the chorus is kinda nice, but.. meh. I don't know.

I'll just wait for the studio version.

It's nothing we haven't heard before. Reminds me of Starlight and The Resistance, plus Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses? by U2.

I was hoping that Matt would dial the Mercury-isms back a bit.

Wasn't so sure at first after two listens, but the fact that I wanted another listen ten minutes later is probably a good sign. It's definitely a more rock version of Starlight, the bass is pretty good, the end is pretty good but could have gone a bit. Am I the only one who misses just a general over the top rock out at the end? :unsure:

I'm hoping it shows up on iTunes here soon... I have yet to get a single song even though I pre-ordered on .mu, even after I've emailed them.

Pretty tempted to cancel the pre-order and just go with iTunes.

Search 'Muse Mercy'. Couldn't access it from the album page for some reason.

The only difference I noticed between the leak and the file I just downloaded via redemption code today is that the leak was 15.1 MB and this one is 11.2 MB. Other than that the waveforms are the same. If anything this new version is more compressed then. I have no clue about the "iTunes version" but iTunes is irrelevant since the files are lossy 256 kbps anyways.

Also, this reminds me of Mahurin's work...

At first glance I thought this was the artwork for the single...

Anyways... I'm digging this song, sounds incredibly BHaR and geez those last few chords are brilliant. Also, they're definitely three for three with these lyric videos. Good show, muse.

Not quite! I did imply that I might end up liking it more than Starlight. ;)

But hearing it in full quality has definitely helped me like it that bit more. I like the lively production on it. Gives it that bit of extra energy.

It's the worst song I've ever heard. Like a sub-par Keane knockoff