Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

The lyric video is pretty cool. Lyric font though is pretty illegible, but it adds to the style they were going for. Not that great an idea for teaching people lyrics though :LOL: also "gutless and mean" will now forever join "teaching our children to be mean".

I always sung it to myself as "brainwashing our children for their means", which works better for me.

Do agree a few are a bit naff... "eat my soul" is quite ridiculous, for example. :chuckle:

I'll admit im well out of my depth when it comes to stuff like this
For example, Muse produced TR and T2L themselves, but didn't mix or master any of them. And Mutt produced Back In Black, but didn't mix or master it.

DI followed by Psycho followed by This is still such a lackluster opening though. I mean ignoring whether they are actually good or not its just a dull opening to the album.

True, but I don't think Muse has had a very strong opening few tracks to an album since Absolution. Every album is always front loaded with singles and they're never very cohesive

Oh for sure, I think generally the opening tracks are great. It's more the tracks that follow that kinda kill the hype (TaB --> Starlight, Apocalypse Please --> TiRO, Supremacy --> Madness)

Well yes that's true, I agree. Helps to give balance on an album though.

I saw Royal Blood at Brixton recently and although I love all the tracks on their album, all really good heavy rock, by the end of the gig it all felt a bit 'samey'.

Yeah agree with this. Those layered vocals sound really, really out of place for some reason, like they've just been slapped on top of the mix.

Precisely! Great way of wording it! I love layered vocals; they make me shiver. It just sounds so off putting here.

Having now heard it in full quality, it's my favourite of the three songs releases so far. Yeah, it's not amazing. But it's pretty fun and upbeat with a good vocal melody and has a bit of a distorted kick and crunch to it. Feels like a good, silly and triumphant summer song.

Definitely warming to this one!