Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I agree it sounds a bit like a Starlight pt 2 and I like it. Also, it seems to have some of Big Freeze vibe, which I like as well ^^

After first 20 seconds I burst out laughing, but it was enough to get it a second listen to get hooked on it :D

Hilarious as always. I mean: this is the Muse that I know.

And by the way, I still love this board. Some comments are really priceless here :D

I agree it sounds a bit like a Starlight pt 2 and I like it. Also, it seems to have some of Big Freeze vibe, which I like as well ^^

Yeah, this feels like what Big Freeze should have been.

As for the Starlight thing, I hear it, but I find it resembles Easily or Glorious also.

I've been pre-ordered for ages but is not letting me DL on iTunes :confused:

If you have an iphone or iPod then go to Muse in your Artists section, then Drones where you should have Dead Inside and Psycho, then click "show complete album" and download it from there. I got it 20 mins ago that way.

If you have an iphone or iPod then go to Muse in your Artists section, then Drones where you should have Dead Inside and Psycho, then click "show complete album" and download it from there. I got it 20 mins ago that way.

Kinda crappy you still have to pay for it even if you've already pre-ordered the LP. They should come already deducted with the record like the other two were.

This is pretty awful. In fact it just downright sucks. Jeez when that 4 to the floor electronic drum beat kicked in at 0:16 combined with the extremely corny vocals I nearly choked. Matt seems to have finally completed his mastery of combining horrible lyrics with a total lack of melody after his initial attempts on Resistance and 2nd Law. This really is just some Starlight/Follow Me rehash, except even crappier than Follow Me (who'd have thunk it). And the synth in the choruses, while not terrible per se, is really just a Muse cliché that's been done a bllion times before and a billion times better as well (Apocalypse Please, Stockholm, Bliss, Falling Away With you, KoC, even Starlight goddammit). Matt sure has changed a lot from the Kurt Cobain/Rachmaninoff/RATM fanboy he used to be

more minimalistic but rooted on the other hand

well I prefer the live version because matt's singing is more intense.

Lots of generic parts with that somewhat special muse touch and the lyrics are nice aswell.

Anyway I liked all songs of drones so far.

Psycho and Dead Inside the best so far though

Matt sure has changed a lot from the Kurt Cobain/Rachmaninoff/RATM fanboy he used to be

I'll have to agree with this. The song isn't as bad as Follow Me though! The guitars were virtually absent on the studio version whereas here they are very prominent...that's it's only saving grace for me. It's definitely the worst of the 3 so far

The lyric video is pretty cool. Lyric font though is pretty illegible, but it adds to the style they were going for. Not that great an idea for teaching people lyrics though :LOL: also "gutless and mean" will now forever join "teaching our children to be mean".

YES! Thank you! I think Supremacy overall is an awesome song, but that lyric gets me every time.

On first listen this is definitely my least favourite of the three new ones. Not a popular opinion, I see, but there it is nonetheless.:)

For example, Muse produced TR and T2L themselves, but didn't mix or master any of them. And Mutt produced Back In Black, but didn't mix or master it.

I sometimes wish we got a closer look at the behind the scenes stuff. The videos they release each album really just talk about the recording process, which most people know about anyway.

Also. One thing that's bugging me is people saying it sounds like old Muse! It doesn't...

Old Muse: Showbiz, OOS, Absolution

New Muse: BHAR, Resistance, T2L

BHaR perfectly fits into the place of the third great work of muse

and to me it kinda still is old muse because it was during that era that they filled wembley.

So it was the real big breakthrough album and perfect in what it did