Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

My first impression was "wow Amazing", it's gone down a bit since, but I still like it. Seems really dull live though, just like UD and Madness.

Instrumentally it feels a bit empty because he isn't playing the guitar during the verses imo.

I was so sure this was going to be the one Muse song that never grows on me...but now that the shock of hearing it has died down, I think I actually like it. Mainly because of the vocals, though I'm still not a fan of the "Dead Inside!" parts and it could use a better intro and bridge.

This song and especially the last chorus is one of Matt's best vocal performances on any album, which makes me love it. I also love the production, its sounds really great. The drums, the synth, the bass, vocals, it's a really good mix.

A bit dull instrumentally though, and since he can never deliver that kind of thing live I don't think it will make a great live track. Also the 'Dead Inside' part as they did it know was ridiculous, please just skip it and start with the drum part already :LOL:

The guitar solo is perhaps the sexiest thing Muse have ever done. The bridge is one of the lamest things Muse have done. Having said that, I can't stop playing this song, but I still prefer *gasp* Madness, because it builds up more naturally.

This song and especially the last chorus is one of Matt's best vocal performances on any album, which makes me love it. I also love the production, its sounds really great. The drums, the synth, the bass, vocals, it's a really good mix.

A bit dull instrumentally though, and since he can never deliver that kind of thing live I don't think it will make a great live track. Also the 'Dead Inside' part as they did it know was ridiculous, please just skip it and start with the drum part already :LOL:

I pretty much agree with all that you've said. "Only you can stop the pain..."and onwards gives me the feels. Well done Matt :) I definitely think that vocal performance will be tough to replicate live, so it might not produce as much of the feels. Still, I would definitely revisit this song on its own and I think it was a good choice for a single. Also gives you a bit of an emotional investment in the protagonist as well for a solid open to the story. :thumbsup:

I've had it stuck in my head all night. Strong contender for my favourite on the album, which is a bit surprising considering we have monsters like Reapers and The Handler on there. It's great until the chordy bit before the bridge kicks in, then it becomes electrifying. The instrumentation, the mix, the melody, the descent into that desperate final chorus, the lyrics hitting close to home personally, the whole thing kicks me so hard in the feels.

Fucking hell, Matt.

d2cd967eed.jpg

Strong contender for my favourite on the album, which is a bit surprising considering we have monsters like Reapers and The Handler on there.

:yesey: I actually ended up voting for Dead Inside as my favorite for the survey thread and the live poll. It was between this and Reapers for me, but I saw that Dead Inside wasn't getting a lot of love so I gave the tiebreaker to it :) Those two are monsters, but this one is so catchy and gives me the feels.

I've had it stuck in my head all night. Strong contender for my favourite on the album, which is a bit surprising considering we have monsters like Reapers and The Handler on there. It's great until the chordy bit before the bridge kicks in, then it becomes electrifying. The instrumentation, the mix, the melody, the descent into that desperate final chorus, the lyrics hitting close to home personally, the whole thing kicks me so hard in the feels.

Fucking hell, Matt.

Matt's end game is to destroy your feels, so you never feel anything again. He's going to rip out your feels and eat them.

Fucking hell, Matt.

I know what you mean, you've just described it for me too.