Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

Muse don't do minimal well, they have always been known for their big, bombastic, layered sounds and should stick to that.

Yes, but in the long distance it would result extremely exhausting and not so emotional anymore...

Considering that many good songs from them aren't so bombastic as some people might think: Sunburn, Cave, Unintended, Hyper Music, Endlessly, Soldier's Poem, the same Madness to a certain extent...

After just watching the video I've come to the conclusion that the first half of the song is boring and I don't start enjoying it till after the second verse. Muse don't do minimal well, they have always been known for their big, bombastic, layered sounds and should stick to that.

Muse have done minimal really well in the past.

After just watching the video I've come to the conclusion that the first half of the song is boring and I don't start enjoying it till after the second verse. Muse don't do minimal well, they have always been known for their big, bombastic, layered sounds and should stick to that.

Muse do minimal perfectly, I just don't like that the second half of DI sounds derivative, like they threw some Big Freeze melodies in with the second half of Madness, blended it together, and just half assed it. It feels lackadaisical, especially given Matt's super boring guitar work during that "bridge" and onwards. That said, I still love the song because of its meaning and I think that the first half of the song is awesome, but ultimately the second half is what keeps an otherwise potentially great song from being "great" from a songwriting perspective in my book.

Not a big fan of the video at all but over time the song has grew on me. The more I listen, the more technical it sounds, just need to learn it for the guitar now.

Back on the video, just thought it was a bit boring, not much action. The first music video I saw of Muse was Bliss and it was from this I got into the band so that will always be my number one.

I saw the video a couple of times more, maybe it could be better just with Muse playing the song, with the eerie vibe, the cocaine/ice all over the place and the drones moving around them. In a future Director's Cut like in NSC?

I saw the video a couple of times more, maybe it could be better just with Muse playing the song, with the eerie vibe, the cocaine/ice all over the place and the drones moving around them. In a future Director's Cut like in NSC?

I thought it was meant to be sand, and evoke some sort of dystopia or war vibe?

This, to me, shows a big failure of the video...

Cocaine jokes aside, i though the white powder is ice, because the dead are cold, and ice evoke death, makes sense being the song Dead Inside.

Of course can be dead by overdose too.

...Or also, it could represent a sort of a "granite" world where the dancers and the band rise like living statues. You know, on the outside a statue could be really beautiful, but to the instantaneous touch and inside it's devoid of any physical and emotional human features. Besides, its white colour is a false sign of purity and "holiness", revealing itself as the colour of death (as Serpent has written). Therefore, being "Dead Inside", it deceives you.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider