Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

It doesn't sound bad, but Matt should work out a way to do the vocals for the last part. Now it seems like he decides on the spot whether he'll do the vocals either the original notes, falsetto or lower the notes. It works somewhat, but it loses much of its rhythm that way and he sometimes gets abit flat.

It doesn't sound bad, but Matt should work out a way to do the vocals for the last part. Now it seems like he decides on the spot whether he'll do the vocals either the original notes, falsetto or lower the notes. It works somewhat, but it loses much of its rhythm that way and he sometimes gets abit flat.

Because vocally, in the studio version, the second part of Dead Inside is very demanding, with a lot of high chest notes for a relevant part of time; thus, Matt might have some difficulty mantaining a stable singing during those type of parts in live.

Because vocally, in the studio version, the second part of Dead Inside is very demanding, with a lot of high chest notes for a relevant part of time; thus, Matt might have some difficulty mantaining a stable singing during those type of parts in live.
That's not really what he was talking about. We all know it's demanding, the issue is that he needs to figure out how to do it beforehand instead of improvising, which just makes it sound choppy and insecure.

That's not really what he was talking about. We all know it's demanding, the issue is that he needs to figure out how to do it beforehand instead of improvising, which just makes it sound choppy and insecure.

What I'm trying to say is it may be tiring for him, even if he soundchecks beforehand, as you've said.

But also, I know it could sound contraddictory, because that means he wouldn't be able to deliver it throughout an entire concert (Dead Inside was just the second song, tonight).

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

What I'm trying to say is it may be tiring for him, even if he soundchecks beforehand, as you've said.

But also, I know it could sound contraddictory, because that means he wouldn't be able to deliver it throughout an entire concert (Dead Inside was just the second song, tonight).

You still didn't get my point.

I got it indeed: he has to sort out a way to perform properly the second part of DI because it seems too much "improvised" due his arbitrary choices in using falsetto or full chest voice.

I just wanted to put my two mere cents.

It seems to be quite popular around here to do that by stating the obvious without intent.

Haven't read anyone complaining about DI being the 2nd song of the set. Im the only one who thinks it's completely out of place? Especially after opening with Pyscho...

Yeah its odd. Its like the Uprising->Resistance->New Born flow they did on the Resistance arena tour back in 2009/10. I don't think it really works there.

I think DI could work as a song after the piano section, although there's no doubt it'll probably be used as a set opener at some stage.

Yeah its odd. Its like the Uprising->Resistance->New Born flow they did on the Resistance arena tour back in 2009/10. I don't think it really works there.

I think DI could work as a song after the piano section, although there's no doubt it'll probably be used as a set opener at some stage.

Dead Inside sounds like it would fit after Map of the Problematique

That last chorus contains so much emotion. I've listened to this song a dozens and dozens of times by now and every single time I get goosebumps, brilliant song.

this.

even though the chords are so samey and obvious the way Matt sings the last chorus makes it a great song. Otherwise it would probably just be another Madness, this seems to have so much more heart in it

this.

even though the chords are so samey and obvious the way Matt sings the last chorus makes it a great song. Otherwise it would probably just be another Madness, this seems to have so much more heart in it

The guitar solo and the last chorus do it for me. The emotion but also Chris' bass slides in the last chorus are amazing. The bridge, however, ruins the entire song for me - unlistenable, even.

Boring whole bar chords, boring rhythms, sounds like some middle-school music class stuff in the bridge.