Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

When it got out I was really into this. I was cautious because I'm usually very easily grabbed by easy pop tunes.

Well it's been a while now, and it's still really cool. I feel it's one of the best songs the band has written since BhAR. That bridge :D

This one's really turning into an earworm for me. I figured I'd like psycho better at first, but Dead Inside's continued exposure and plethora of amazing vocals and uber-catchy hooks (a la SMBH) have established it as my preferred track between the two.

DEAD INSIDE!!

same here, psycho is too repetitive to listen to as much as this one

Heard the radio edit today. They cut out the guitar only section of the bridge, and cut half of the ending "my lips are...." Part. Surprisingly packs less of a punch, in my opinion.

Why the heck they shorten their songs in this way, I will never understand... They often systematically ruin them. No wonder then if a good number of people hate Muse by just listening to their radio-edited songs.

Man, this song has grown on me so much. Listening to the CD quality copy with nice headphones really brings out all of the layers in the track. The production on the two tracks we have so far has been incredible, I cannot wait to hear the album. :)

Yeah, me too.

I have liked this song since I first heard it, but I'm somehow starting to like it more and more as time goes on :LOL: It was actually very emotional live! It surprised me... And I think contributed to me liking it more! (Similar to Follow Me on the last tour... so emotional live that it gave me a new appreciation!)

Man, this song has grown on me so much. Listening to the CD quality copy with nice headphones really brings out all of the layers in the track. The production on the two tracks we have so far has been incredible, I cannot wait to hear the album. :)

This is what happens when Muse leave the production to guys who know to produce.

Also, Love this song, and Psycho and Can't wait to the album! :D

This is what happens when Muse leave the production to guys who know to produce.

You can't tell TR and T2L have bad production, i think is also excellent. The pre-Resistance albums are another thing...

To this date, and even after listening to Psycho and Dead Inside, the best sounding album is The Resistance 5.1, imo. I'd love if they remaster and release their catalogue in that format (now probably BluRay 5.1)

You can't tell TR and T2L have bad production, i think is also excellent. The pre-Resistance albums are another thing...

To this date, and even after listening to Psycho and Dead Inside, the best sounding album is The Resistance 5.1, imo. I'd love if they remaster and release their catalogue in that format (now probably BluRay 5.1)

Muse didn't mix or master those two albums, so that it sounds good isn't really their doing. What you CAN tell is that the albums lack direction and sound uninspired, which are things a producer usually deals with.

Also, Love this song, and Psycho and Can't wait to the album! :D

But beyond production there are mixing and mastering. This two processes can really make the difference regarding the quality of a track.

During production you could find a metal monster tone for your guitar, but a wrong mix and a poor mastering also may bring it drastically down.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Muse didn't mix or master those two albums, so that it sounds good isn't really their doing. What you CAN tell is that the albums lack direction and sound uninspired, which are things a producer usually deals with.

This. And what's been so great to hear both in Matt's interviews and in the Making Of clip is how much Mutt was involved in focusing the band on the concept of the album and what the individual songs stand for.