True enough but you get my point. An even better opportunity to play a real rarity.

Out of curiosity, what did Matt use for the final section of The Globalist at most shows. In Detroit, there was a keyboard on the stage?

I did kind of think about that at the Detroit show- that there was a problem with the riser and/or piano, but then there was magically one there for the Globalist anyway. It does seem like a smaller keyboard was used in Detroit for that song than the other shows, just looking at youtube clips. Kinda hard to tell though, since most of the videos focus on the visuals.

Matt: "So I've got this idea -"

Trent: "That's fucking stupid! *smashes guitars off of mixing desk* Matt, you're out! Atticus Ross! Get in here now and lay down a synth loop! Dom, get the drum machine. Run it through as much distortion as you can. Chris, do whatever the fuck you want."

More like, "Chris, scream something into the mic and I'll crank up the distortion. I loved your work on Supermassive Black Hole and Here Come the Drones"

I did kind of think about that at the Detroit show- that there was a problem with the riser and/or piano, but then there was magically one there for the Globalist anyway. It does seem like a smaller keyboard was used in Detroit for that song than the other shows, just looking at youtube clips. Kinda hard to tell though, since most of the videos focus on the visuals.

It was definitely an electric keyboard propped up on a stand as opposed to an actual piano. At least, they set it near the big hole in the stage where the piano was supposed to be.

As I've said many times before, I've never heard Trent produce anything that doesn't end up sounding like NIN, which is not something I want for Muse. He's basically a guy who, when he's put in a studio, applies his method on it. Basically "guitars should sound like this", "drums should sound like this", with little attention to what's being made. At least based on the stuff I've heard from him.

Are you or are you not counting his stuff with David Bowie? :confused:

Matt: "So I've got this idea -"

Trent: "That's fucking stupid! *smashes guitars off of mixing desk* Matt, you're out! Atticus Ross! Get in here now and lay down a synth loop! Dom, get the drum machine. Run it through as much distortion as you can. Chris, do whatever the fuck you want."

:LOL: Yeah, Trent does tend to have a bit of an ego. Suddenly, I'm reminded of this post a friend of mine made about when Robin Finck rejoined Nine Inch Nails.

More like, "Chris, scream something into the mic and I'll crank up the distortion. I loved your work on Supermassive Black Hole and Here Come the Drones"

Don't forget adding even more F-bombs. :p

:facemelt:

Soooo... is that approval? Also, holy crap! :eek: It took me over a month to realize that your username is a reference to a Queen song! Damn, I'm slow. :facepalm:

Dunno about approval...more like I would be fascinated by it. And probably horrified.

I can see it now:

"I'll be there as soon as I can to F**K YOU LIKE AN ANIMAL"

~Unintended, as produced by Trent Reznor

Haha yay, someone gets it :D

Honestly, I feel a little stupid for not getting it earlier, seeing how I'm such a big Queen fan. :erm:

I kinda wish Trent had produced T2L. It would've at least been a consistent album instead of the mess that came out.

Yeah, for all the people who say that it was a big dubstep album, there were only four or so dubstep songs. The rest were upbeat pop songs and love ballads... with the exception of Supremacy, Survival, and Liquid State.

Confirmed info:

In few hours (maybe in an hour or two -that's my guess-) there will be the final announcement with all the info and details of Muse live performance at Ejekt Festival by the promoter and I guess by the band site as well.

Venue, ticket prices and more will be announced tonight as well as the ticket prices!

Stay tuned and see you in Athens people!

23/7 - Ejekt Festival, Athens, Greece.

2000, 2002, 2007, 2016. Show No. 4!

^ I forgot about that, what a shitty thing to do.

Thinking about the upcoming European tour and I'm trying to keep my expectations grounded. Not expecting the sets to get any longer...I guess SS might make a return somewhere? I'd love to be proved completely wrong. It's a shame, you look at the sets they played early last year (as well as some of the summer gigs) to now and it's a colossal downgrade. Booked to see them on three dates and I admit to not being as excited as on previous tours. Feel crappy saying it but if I'd have known beforehand this wouldn't be a typical multiple date situation for me.

Although, if I finally get Apocalypse Please that will lessen the sting. I'm not going to any of the first nights though so I'm not even convinced I'll hear that :LOL: